Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 120 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Damn, and I always DVR the show and just fast forward straight thru the opening and never pay it any mind.
    Me too.
    Just went and watched it. It's ok I guess. Thank goodness the face is faint cause I always hated that too.
    Thank GOD. I'm not the only one

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You're definitely not alone.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Seriously? I always thought it was a part of the charm. Well, I guess growing up with "the face" rather than watching it as an adult may have given me a different take on it!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. Watching it as an adult just makes it seem horribly dated and cheesy, tbh.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yep
    I could see a nostalgic view though if it's something you grew up with.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, watching the classic series in order has made me appreciate "the face" even more, if I'm honest. I know the old school style was a little cheesy, but I definitely love how subtle it is now - gives it a bit more mystery. Definitely a wonderful nod to the show's 50 year legacy, imo.

Oh, speaking of which: 50th anniversary audio story with the 4th to 8th Doctors has been announced! Seriously cannot wait for that! From the description, it sounds like BF have grown a pair and made a story that has all the old Doctors actually playing the Doctor, not that stupid cop-out they had in Zagreus of playing other characters 99.9% of the story and playing the Doctor 0.1%. Oh, and Heather: you'll be pleased to know what companion is coming back...

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw that on Facebook. I'm, well... I'm assuming you know which companion I am happy for?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ace, right? (I couldn't see Jamie or Hex, so without the really obvious ones, I wasn't too sure! )

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

One Doctor too soon, really. You have to recall why I started liking the audios in general?

Is it my favorite DD?!

I need to find the rest to listen to. It's been forever.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Now listening to the first Destiny of the Doctor series, a monthly series with a different Doctor each month. Being set before the first ever story, I'm definitely intrigued by this one. It'll be interesting to see how the story develops over the year.

- Melike

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Now listening to the first Destiny of the Doctor series, a monthly series with a different Doctor each month. Being set before the first ever story, I'm definitely intrigued by this one. It'll be interesting to see how the story develops over the year.
    Any chance you'd be willing to share those ones?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Any chance you'd finish off the rest of audios you've got to listen to any time soon?

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

well, tbh, I wasn't listening to them on purpose because I was mad at you, but I am ready to listen to more now

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Great, so you've listened to every audio I've sent you, then?

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

no, but frankly I'm more interested in the news ones anyways....turns out that I like the ones with Paul McGann WAY better than the other ones...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In case any one interested missed the announcement...

Doctor Who will be back on March 30!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

THANK YOU!!!.....and it's about damned time

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yep, can hardly wait! Plenty of audio stuff to listen to until then!

Speaking of which, I still need to listen to the start of the new 4th Doctor and 6th Doctor seasons and catch up a little on the Companion Chronicles. First part of Destiny of the Doctor was interesting. A little different, a little more "audiobook-y" than usual with the 3rd person narrative, but still, up to the usual high quality standard of Big Finish's stuff. Looking forward to the 2nd Doctor one next month, and where the overall story will be heading!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Back to the great Who watch! Onto season 13, already nearly halfway through. In more ways than one, in fact: not only am I on the 3rd serial of the season, Pyramids of Mars (of which I've just seen the moment where a guy burns someone else to death with his bare hands that's only borderline family friendly - god, I love this show!), but after this, there'd only be 13 more seasons left to watch of the classic series. Seems like a good reason to write another blog and look back on everything so far at this point: how much the show had changed, how I'd rate and review the Doctors so far, and just how mighty the 'fro of Tom Baker is. (Well, ok, maybe not quite so much discussion needs to be made on that last one, but still, it is one mighty mothafuckin' 'fro!)

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watching The Doctor's Wife....does anyone else secretly wish that Surrane Jones (the TARDIS) could manage to play the Doctor at some point? I mean...she can't now. Not after this role. But if I had to pick a female Doctor, she'd be a pretty high choice.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ooh, you know what, as far as playing a female Doctor is concerned, she actually wouldn't be a bad choice. Probably why she was picked to play the "Doctor's Wife", really - she can do that "bonkers genius" part really well. Did you see this at all, btw? http://www.scifind.com/features/the-other-11-doctors/

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I haven't seen that. Funny, though. They think the same thing! Don't know if she's the female version of 9, though....? Hard to say. This is the only role I've ever seen her in, so I might be under-informed, here.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Bear in mind, she's actually Northern in real life. Very Northern, and like Eccleston, usually appearing in one or two darker or more mature dramas, like detective show Vincent a few years back, so that's probably what they were thinking of.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 120 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast