Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also enjoyed the episode. All the Rory and Amy stuff was my favorite parts of the episode.

Spoiler:
    And i loved the moment when they exit the elevator at the end and Amy starts to ask if she as a doll.

I did like how it tried to be scary and that song seriously creeped me out. It was seriously freaky especially at the end.
    If you love me then love me..

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I bloody loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    with the whole arc and long winded story (thats actually starting to get a bit wearing if I am honest) it was fantastic to have a proper doctor who episode. No underlying questions on why she said that and he did that etc etc etc. But a good old fashioned scarey doctor who.

I thought it was scarey and a little bit freaky - for the young children watching I bet they were hiding behind cushions, (those dolls were awful and kids laughing/singing always freaks me out) - gotta agree with Yaksha, the ending with the singing freaked me out but made me smile too. (can't remember exactly what they were singing now, but it went along the lines of
    Spoiler:
    tick tock tick tock, time will stop, even for the doctor - could be wrong but i thought it was something like that

I thought all the questions were answered,
    Spoiler:
    The dolls were ordinary dolls until George got scared of them, and they were 'put in the cupboard' along with everything else that scared him. Then due to his unusual alien nature they took on a life of their own,

I was very happy with the answers, sometimes it nice to not have everything explained in minute detail

And Matt Smith - WOW!!!!!!! Anyone who now tells me he is not the Doctor (yes there are still nay sayers out there) need to watch this episode. To me if felt like an old style doctor who episode and Matt Smith FINALLY got to be the Doctor I remembered from my youth. I am not saying he has not been rocking the 11th Doctor, in this series he is just phenominal, it just felt good for him to connect with a normal family again.

Yep, 10/10 for me

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You did mention something, Candy, that I forgot to - the feel of this ep. You are exactly right when you say it felt like an older Who episode this time around. And I don't even mean to go back to the classic eps for comparison. Even look at the 2005 series. For this setting, I was heavily reminded of Rose, with the estate living. And, to be honest, it's been a long time since we've seen the Doctor in a similar setting. Yes, we had The Lodger, but that was still in a suburban setting.
    And yet again, The Doctor seemed very alien here. I adored the opening sequence of the knocking on doors. Rory with the landlord, Amy with the creep twins, and the Doctor with the old lady...he had no idea how to react properly. It was awesome

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    I bloody loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    with the whole arc and long winded story (thats actually starting to get a bit wearing if I am honest) it was fantastic to have a proper doctor who episode. No underlying questions on why she said that and he did that etc etc etc. But a good old fashioned scarey doctor who.
    I felt the same way. And I know I'm probably in the minority on this. I love how especially since Moffat has taken over that we have these huge elaborate story arcs. But it does seem to be a little too much to me at times. I miss all the random stand alone eps that the previous seasons used to have. So for me this was very refreshing. Not to mention that I always gravitate toward the "scary eps". I love them.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I enjoyed it, but for me it wasn't quite as scary as they billed it out to be, which was essentially the next Blink or Empty Child. I especially didn't like that it took so long for the dolls to show up,
    Spoiler:
    and I saw the doll's house twist coming from a mile away. I also think it was a little too heavily inspired by a certain Twilight Zone ep at times.
    As pointed out though, it was refreshing to have a nice stand alone ep for the first time in a long while, and although it wasn't terrifying, it did have a couple of scary moments. I just think there have been plenty of stand alone eps done better, especially in the classic series - whilst they were serials, each story was relatively self contained to those number of episodes. So i'd give it a 7/10. Not perfect, but a much better effort by Gatiss than Victory of the Daleks. Give us a few more scares next time Gatiss, and you'll have a true classic!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I meant to ask about that song when I first posted/watched it. Does anyone know the actual lyrics there at the end? Sounded like it could be creepy/important.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

According to a page on facebook, this is the whole song. Very creepy indeed...

Spoiler:
    "Tick, tock, goes the clock, and what things shall we see?
    Tick, tock, until the day, that you shall marry me.
    Tick, tock, goes the clock, and all the years they fly.
    Tick, tock, and all too soon, you and I must die.
    Tick, tock, goes the clock, we laughed at fate and mourned her.
    Tick, tock, goes the clock, even for the Doctor.
    Tick, tock, goes the clock, he cradled and he rocked her.
    Tick, tock, goes the clock, even for the Doctor"

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooohhhh....that. is. awesome.

Hope that's correct. Thanks a bazillion, alkanto.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

YouTube

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    According to a page on facebook, this is the whole song. Very creepy indeed...

Spoiler:
    "Tick, tock, goes the clock, and what things shall we see?
    Tick, tock, until the day, that you shall marry me.
    Tick, tock, goes the clock, and all the years they fly.
    Tick, tock, and all too soon, you and I must die.
    Tick, tock, goes the clock, we laughed at fate and mourned her.
    Tick, tock, goes the clock, even for the Doctor.
    Tick, tock, goes the clock, he cradled and he rocked her.
    Tick, tock, goes the clock, even for the Doctor"
    Cheers honey, I caught the last part of it. But missed most of it looks like it could be important too

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought of you guys today as when I went to pick the kids up from school I noticed (it was hardly missable! ) that the staff had built a huge Tardis in the reception area. I asked the kids what it was for and they said the headmaster had announced in assembly that the Doctor would be setting challenges for the pupils starting next week...very mysterious!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

You know, it's been six years now, and it's still weird for me to think that kids watch Doctor Who and love it, even though I watched it as a kid myself!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I thought of you guys today as when I went to pick the kids up from school I noticed (it was hardly missable! ) that the staff had built a huge Tardis in the reception area. I asked the kids what it was for and they said the headmaster had announced in assembly that the Doctor would be setting challenges for the pupils starting next week...very mysterious!
    You see...stuff like this only enforces my belief that I was raised in the wrong country! I would have loved school so much better, had DW been involved....quite frankly, I'm still waiting for it to pop up in some of my college classes!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Come and be our exchange student, we can just say you're very tall for your age

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be the smartest "12-year-old" student ever! And it's funny...what you don't know is that height would not be an issue...I'm the size of a 12-year-old!

Or...I could just stick with my original plan and go to London next summer for a college course or two. That might be easier

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I want the doctor to set me some challenges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sooo going over to that school. Like alkanto, I could totally pull off being a kid again. I have perpetually looked pre-teen. All I'd have to do is remember to shave daily, and I could blend right in.

YouTube

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you legally a midget, though? I am...I have the upper hand!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a primary school guys, so you're aiming for 4 - 11, that's some serious shrinkage!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm.... How tall is the average height of primary school students? If it is lower than 5 feet, I'm set I'm mostly concerned with the intelligence factor. I'm pretty smart, for an 11-year-old, frankly. But I suppose I could just say I had the Doctor as a personal tutor...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So the Day of the Daleks dvd arrived in the post today! Surprisingly, the Star Wars set hasn't arrived yet, despite being despatched a day earlier from the same site, but I'm not complaining. The new special edition which has had fans eager in anticipation ever since the awesome trailer was released nearly a year ago is the biggest hook of the dvd! Well, I've gotta say, it's pretty bloody good so far. The new effects do seem to, in some way, compliment not just the story itself but also, more importantly, the age of it. The effects mostly look pretty close to what you'd expect from a 70s story, only with a much larger budget than what the original version actually had. Of course, there's a couple of shots of apocalyptic earth that wouldn't have been achieved on any budget of the time, but mostly they do nicely blend in.

Oh, and not just that: the dalek voices have been replaced, which were definitely one of the weaker things of the original version! Seriously, the 60s voices were much better! And so are Nicholas Brigg's dalek voices, which is naturally why they brought him in. Hearing lines done so differently and closer to the new series (but not too close) is kinda weird, but it is much better to hear.

So far, it's been awesome, and I'm only just beginning on the 2nd episode! And later on, it's The Girl Who Waited! I'm a very happy fan today!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Holy shit, that was awesome! And tearjerking. And surreal. And wonderfully directed. And...and...ugh, I don't have the words. I'm just absolutely loving this ep!

- Melike

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't find the words for how good that episode was. How heartbreaking. A damn fine episode and another great performance from Rory and Amy.

Favorite line from the episode "It's not rocket science it's quantum physics."
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with everyone else on here. I can't even describe my feelings for it after only one watch. I will need to watch it at least two more times before the week it out. But suffice to say, it was amazing! Rory and Amy continue to be amazing characters, and their relationship is making every other one look bad

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

i think this might be my favorite episode of the season so far

when rory said "You're making me into you!" i was just like !!!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed with all previous thoughts/feelings. This episode was friggin' amazing.

Did anyone else get a bit...ehh...what's the right word...something along the lines of 'upset'...aggravated, maybe? Peeved? Nothing I'm coming up with fits with what I'm thinking. >_<

Well, at any rate, whatever that word may be, did anyone else feel that way towards the Doctor near the end? It was almost like a ghost of the 'angry' Eccleston. I totally understand why, but that doesn't mean that I still can't be...uumm...whatever that word is. Someone help me out here.

*EDIT* BETRAYED! That's about as close as I can come.

YouTube

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast