Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot to watch it on Friday, so I am waiting for a quiet hour to watch it on the computer...
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

there was a Chris Eccleston marathon on scifi today

The Doctor's Daughter Mist_on_the_Water is on a distinguished road Mist_on_the_Water's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i watched the finale 3 hours after it aired (in Britain?)

it was cruddy quality then but I did watch it, and then the next day again with way better quality..thank you Youtube!

it was fawking awesome too..AMAZING!...I'm a spazz..can't wait for the xmas specials!

~Major Doctor Who AND David Tennant fan
    IR

Unofficial Doctor Who Obsessor Club Created by IR:
    IR
    Razz
    Woofer
    Ves'Ka Gan

I can haz fourum gamz
    Sing Your Heart Out!

The Doctor's Daughter Mist_on_the_Water is on a distinguished road Mist_on_the_Water's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

btw razz love ur current siggy quote, but my fave from that episode is "This is my timey wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff. Also it can boil an eg at thirty paces...wether you want it to or not actually, so I've learned to stay away from hens...it's not pretty when they blow..."

and then he goes on to ramble about stuff to Billy and Martha informs him to simply nod when Doc takes a breath

IR
    Razz
    Woofer
    Ves'Ka Gan

I can haz fourum gamz
    Sing Your Heart Out!

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

yeah but i aready used that quote

Country
    Country Flag

dija? oh well.....there's another "stuff" one..i think..or u could use "Oh hey I'm the doctor i can save the universe using a kettle and some string, and look! I'm wearing a vegetable..." that cracks me up...

IR
    Razz
    Woofer
    Ves'Ka Gan

I can haz fourum gamz
    Sing Your Heart Out!

Country
    Country Flag

i just realized those are the 2 quotes in MY siggy! lol sorreh

IR
    Razz
    Woofer
    Ves'Ka Gan

I can haz fourum gamz
    Sing Your Heart Out!

Traveler huey520 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys caught up yet and seen the final episode yet??
    Liked Bernard Cribbins' guest role as Donna's grandad in the last season. He played the Doctors assistant once before in the film Dalek Invasion Earth 2150AD in 1966. We've had K9 and Sarah Jane Smith making returns, now they should bring back 'Bessie' the Doctors car. Any suggestions for other characters or aliens to make a return?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think the Doctor should have taken Donna's grandfather out for a spin in the TARDIS. No one would appreciate it more. He was a great character. Maybe the Doctor could go in for a geriatric companion?

Quote Originally Posted by huey520 View Post
    Have you guys caught up yet and seen the final episode yet??
    Liked Bernard Cribbins' guest role as Donna's grandad in the last season. He played the Doctors assistant once before in the film Dalek Invasion Earth 2150AD in 1966. We've had K9 and Sarah Jane Smith making returns, now they should bring back 'Bessie' the Doctors car. Any suggestions for other characters or aliens to make a return?
    was he that cop?

Country
    Country Flag

Yes he was the cop who ended up in the TARDIS by accident.

yeah that was a good movie. kinda funny too. I was wondering. i haven't seen earlier serials,but in the movie, the Doctor refers to himself, saying "hello, i'm Doctor Who". did he/they say that in all earlier serials?

Country
    Country Flag

lol I loved Donna's Grandfather...the end was so wonderful! I cried both happy and sad tears during that...there's rumors that it was the biggest finale in DW history as far as major events and firsts go....

IR
    Razz
    Woofer
    Ves'Ka Gan

I can haz fourum gamz
    Sing Your Heart Out!

i missed most of "the poison sky". didn't he make an "Empty child" reference? and can i safely assume Donna's Granpere didn't die?

Country
    Country Flag

yeah that was a good movie. kinda funny too. I was wondering. i haven't seen earlier serials,but in the movie, the Doctor refers to himself, saying "hello, i'm Doctor Who". did he/they say that in all earlier serials?
    Dont know if the Doctor says that in any of the earlier series, i'm getting old and the memory aint what it used to be. ha ha

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    i missed most of "the poison sky". didn't he make an "Empty child" reference? and can i safely assume Donna's Granpere didn't die?
    Yes, he did, and no he didn't.

They are all wearing gasmasks and the Doctor looks at (can't remember who) and says "Are you my mummy?" and the person gets angry and tells him to be serious.

Donna's grampa makes it out okay in the end.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Part 1 of the season finale just aired and except for
    Spoiler:
    the impending regeneration. I like David Tennant as the doctor. I don't want a new doctor!

I'm so excited. I can't wait for the second half!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Part 1 of the season finale just aired and except for
    Spoiler:
    the impending regeneration. I like David Tennant as the doctor. I don't want a new doctor!

I'm so excited. I can't wait for the second half!
    Is there really going to be...
    Spoiler:
    a new doctor? I like this one!
    Well...
    Spoiler:
    if he dies, he'll regenerate and with regeneration there's a rearranging of cells. Thus, the new form will not look like the old (pretty convenient for changing lead actors). David Tennant said he was leaving after this season, so I suspect it's for real. Also, this season there've been 5 or 6 hints that he would be dying soon. I hope not, too, as I also like Tennant as the Doctor.

So there you go.
    Last edited by Woofer; 07-25-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Guess. Typo of course!

don't worry. tennant's signed for another season. Donna's leaving tho. can't wait for the second half. i heard there will actually be TWO tennant's in the next episode. can someone tell me how they can give some British nerd 100 bucks, and they create tis kickass season finale, but hollywood can't make a hlfway decent film on a 100,000,000 dollar budget?

My Mood
    Worried

OMG I am soooo happy. So does that mean that they're leading up to
    Spoiler:
    Rose returning as the doctor's companion? I guess this would explain the weirdness with the scenes from next week and Donna appearing to undergo the regen process (and also the many references to her being special in the universe).
    I haven't looked up info this season because I didn't want to spoiler myself, so I am clueless to these new developments, such as Tennant staying on for another seaseon. That makes me a very happy Woofer - at least as far as Doctor Who goes.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Rose isn't returning, for reasons you'll discover in the finale. There's been no word yet on who will be the new companion. I'd vote for either Donna's grandfather (!!) or Sally Sparrow from the epsiode Blink. Of course, there's always River Song (from the library series) and the doctor's daughter.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You guys seen the second half yet? (I saw it a couple of weeks back, but I live in England.)

Spoiler:
    I mostly liked it, but the bit with the tardis towing the earth home was rather cheesy. Also, interesting but sad twist with what happened to Donna.

And yes Tennant is back. He'll be focussing on Hamlet next year though, so there won't be a full series, but there will be a few specials.
    Spoiler:
    The Cybermen are back for the Christmas episode. I've also heard that the doctor's daughter will be back from one of the specials, but that might just be rumor.

Then Steven Moffat takes over from Russell T Davies (which I think it is a good thing as his episodes tend to be rather good. Not that Davies did a bad job, in fact he did a fine job in bringing Who back. I'm not all that keen on his plot-lines though, although his character writing is good.)

Apologies if this has been mentioned already earlier in the thread. I haven't been to this thread for a while, and I didn't read it all the way through.

Oh, and as for the Doctor referring to himself as 'Doctor Who', I haven't seen all that many of the earlier series and films (I wasn't much of a fan of Who as a kid, although I like the new series.) However, I don't think he did refer to himself by that name outside the films, but I could be wrong. 'Who' isn't his name, it's more a question, as in, 'Who is he?'

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    You guys seen the second half yet? (I saw it a couple of weeks back, but I live in England.)

Spoiler:
    I mostly liked it, but the bit with the tardis towing the earth home was rather cheesy. Also, interesting but sad twist with what happened to Donna.

'
    I saw the second half and I agree about everything you say in your spoiler. I loved both halves. I wish I didn't have to wait so long to see something new though.

how many people did he actually give his name to? so far as i know, just one, and that was that lady who sacrificed herself in "silence in the library" and the sequel.

Country
    Country Flag

can someone tell me how they can give some British nerd 100 bucks, and they create tis kickass season finale, but hollywood can't make a hlfway decent film on a 100,000,000 dollar budget?
    Er is that because Britain RULES!! For a small island we don't do bad (sound of own trumpet being blown!!) ha ha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast