Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 120 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    It's nice to have him as a proper hero most of the time, but it's even nicer if you're made to question why he does it in the first place: because he genuinely cares about the "little people", or just because he likes the thrill of it more than he cares to admit?
    I don't just think it's a companion he needs, though. In that moment, he had finally gotten over his grief of losing the Time Lords...and realised that he lives in a universe without the Time Lords, the only race in the universe who held him back in the classic series. In that moment, he suddenly realised he could do all the things he wanted to back in the old series, and this time, there were no Time Lords to stop him, no Time Lords to exile him whenever he did something wrong.

But there's something else I've realised about the Waters of Mars, though: in just one episode we've had a darker, more ambigous "hero", white eyed scary-as-fuck zombies, and even a suicide. Now that's what I call family entertainment!

i think he has always been a bit of both, he has quite often taken the rebel / risky route, while still caring about the little people. he has always said that he has a love / hate relationship with humans, with some quite derogatory remarks being made if he doesn't agree. i think the next few eps will show this ego grow and grow (makes you wonder if it will translate into th new dr, or if he will learn a lesson pre change?

i agree that at the moment, he realised he had free reign, but i also stand by that if he had had a companion 1) he wouldn't have left without trying to help and b) he wouldn't have allowed his ego to grow so much. i beleive that if he had had a companion (donna -would have put him in his place, Martha - would have guilted him) they would have stopped him from ever reaching this point, he needs someone to remind him why he is helping, why he is the Dr and not the master

i wondered why it was on sunday?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

anyone that missed the sarah jane adventures when the dr made a guest appearance (ie me) its showing on Xmas day morning

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    anyone that missed the sarah jane adventures when the dr made a guest appearance (ie me) its showing on Xmas day morning
    Well, i didn't miss it, but i will of course watch it again!

And to think, candy: just under 11 days to go until The End of Time!

Oh, and just so that NO ONE misses an episode:
    US: Waters of Mars - BBC America, Saturday 16th December, 9:00PM (ET)
    UK: End of Time Part One - BBC One, Friday 25th December, 6:00PM
    US: End of Time Part One - BBC America, Saturday 26th December, 9:00PM (ET)
    UK: End of Time Part Two - BBC One, Friday 1st January, 6.40PM
    US: End of Time Part Two - BBC America, Saturday 2nd January

So hopefully, that'll mean no complaints from any american fans on this board about how late they'll get the episodes. I'm not naming anyone apart from razz and lady of shadows, i'm just saying, you should be grateful.

Even if you do have to see it on a really weird time to watch the show! 9PM? You have that for mature, dark, gritty shows like Torchwood, not family fun like Doctor Who!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

And to think, candy: just under 11 days to go until The End of Time!
    **thud** that was me swooning from over excitement. sod the turkey and pressies. give me dr whooooo

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

My god...just over a week from now (and by that, i mean just over: 7 days, 3 hours, and 15 minutes, to be exact), The End Of Time begins. Here's another fucking awesome trailer i found:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih1rWFAsyzI"]YouTube- NEW Extended End of Time Trailer Dec 16th[/ame]

My god...is there any other show out there that builds up as much excitement as Doctor Who?!? (6 years ago, i'd never thought i'd be saying that! )

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I live with the only 3 year old who screams until you put on Dr. Who.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I very much doubt that. Maybe outside of the UK, but remember: in the UK, it's the biggest family show ever. (Then again, the competition is Merlin and Robin Hood, so that's no surprise there!) Trust me, Brice: in this country, there's thousands of 3 year olds who scream until you put on Dr Who!

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This one watches for the robots. He just really wants Daleks and cybermen. He'd likely be thrilled if they won. He even loves the old shows.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Bloody hell, he must love Doomsday, then. Dalek + Cybermen = total awesome!

Again, another reason why it's the most awesome show in the world: there can't be that many shows that both children and adults love to watch! Family films, yes, there's tons, but very few tv shows, sadly.

- Melike

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I very much doubt that. Maybe outside of the UK, but remember: in the UK, it's the biggest family show ever. (Then again, the competition is Merlin and Robin Hood, so that's no surprise there!) Trust me, Brice: in this country, there's one 37 year old who scream until you put on Dr Who!
    there you go i amended that for you

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I'm not sure if he's seen Doomsday yet, but he'd certainly love it.

If you rescue me

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey all you Doctor Who fans who also get BBC America...
    ... Tonight at 10:30pm Eastern time .... the Graham Norton Show is having another Doctor Who special ( Doctor Who Special 2 ) featuring Tennant.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

now this is just the geek in me, but am sat in watchin dr who repeats;

in turn left does anyone else think the music is more Torchwood inspired than the normal Dr who??

In regards to the Dr who music i love it and watched Dr who at the Proms, which was tremendous. Fan Fact; did you know that each character has their own 'theme'?

just as an aside - My favourite was Roses theme, but i dont know if that was because it was the first one i heard?

Gunslinger Apprentice Tik will become famous soon enough Tik's Avatar

Haha, I watched the Never Mind the Buzzcocks Doctor Who special last week and it was hilarious! Bernard Cribbins certainly had the best line in the episode though. Found a few clips on youtube:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUjNpBzFVl4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUjNpBzFVl4[/ame]

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i missed it!!! well peeved off

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Actually, now i'm pissed off at having missed that buzzcocks special as well! David Tennant being the hyper fan that he is so clearly is, Catherine Tate being dim, Bernard Cribbins being fucking A: i'm already crossed at myself for having missed it on both bbc and iplayer!

- Melike

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i managed to catch a snippet on the special catch up of bcocks, it looked really good. and i caught DT on QI, and he was ok, a bit meh, but ok.

i am just sat here waiting for new years day now, i have decided not to move at all.

oh and you will laugh, as i sat there last night my worst nightmare almost came true... bloody sky starting flickering, and the picture dis-appeared. but it all came better phew

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Very phew, candy!

Myself, i only had to deal with the parrot's constant squawking, bloody parrot! But he always shut up when i gave him a nut, so it wasn't too bad!

Oh, and i'm also sat here waiting for new year's day after THAT cliffhanger. Although i'm also listening to the rather excellent audio series I, Davros to pas the time, which is one of the few prequel series that actually manages to get everything right.

God, i'm such a Who nerd. I love it!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Right then, yanks: now that the ep's been shown on BBCAmerica, time to post your thoughts! What'd you think?

Personally, i was a little underwhelmed by most of the ep. Not that it's a bad one, just that it's had a ridiculous amount of hype and build up towards it, and it didn't really feel like the beginning of "The End of Time" itself so much as
    Spoiler:
    another "Earth's fucked" scenario.
    It also kinda dragged a bit and mainly just felt like build up towards THAT cliffhanger.

Having said all that, the ep also had a lot of good points! Mainly: Simm's back as the Master, and he's in the opening credits! Yes! Along with Bernard Cribbins as Wilf, naturally he's always brilliant, but I've always been a big fan of Simm's Master, and it's good that he's more batshit crazy than ever!

Favourite quote:
    DINNERTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!
    And that ending was nuts! Truly, totally, bonkers!
    Spoiler:
    At first i thought, "okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..." But then i thought of both how nuts the Master's plans have always been, and also how awesome a world full of Simm is. True, the ending dragged a bit, and i think showing a worldwide Master could've been executed a little better, but still, gotta love it for, "Breaking news! I'm everyone, and everyone is me!"

But let's talk about what everyone's really thinking about. The real cliffhanger. Namely, (and seriously, people, this one is a MASSIVE spoiler):
    Spoiler:
    THE TIME LORDS ARE BACK! I fucking knew it! I fucking knew it was no coincidence that arguably two of the most important Time Lord stories have finally been released on dvd this year! And back with their silly costumes, too! Brilliant!

Now, considering all that, it sounds like Part Two has a lot to live up to. Still, with the extra fifteen minutes it needs to explain all those huge plot threads, it just might live up to the hype better than part one did. Especially if that brand new clip on the official website is anything to go by! Bring on 2010!

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...and for those of us who don't have BBCAmerica or cable or even regular tv....

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

For those of you who were unable to watch it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHiVaMT5YWg"]YouTube- The End of Time Part One (Part 1 of 6) Doctor Who[/ame]

Normally, i wouldn't condone this, but this episode is just too important to miss!

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I STRONGLY disapprove of whoever posted this on youtube.

*watches every second only to savor his anger*

Spoiler:
    Thanks!

If you rescue me

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It did drag a bit in places, especially when
    Spoiler:
    the Master was jumping all over the junkyard and the Doctor was following him
    . That just seemed like mostly wasted airtime. It picked up a bit toward the end.

The Graham Norton show was hilarious. Who was the woman on with Tennant, do you know?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

brice - look away now i am going to talk about the end of time....

for me it was never going to live up to the hype, i tried to avoid ALL spoilers, trailers the whole works. But because you know whats coming thats all your'e holding on for. when the 9th dr changed i really wasn't expecting it and the BBc had managed for once to keep this major story line a secret - unfortunatley nothing could live up to the surprise element of that ending

Yes it dragged, and the music was terrible (there were even complaints on Points view) i missed loads of dialogue, but luckily i have sky plussed it so i plan to watch it again prior to new years day.

for me, its a shame there is no constant companion
    Spoiler:
    bernard cribbins is good as the companion in this special, but i am hoping donna regaining her memories means she will come into it more on the second half as the Dr needs someone to care what happens to him when he goes - as the audience feel what they are going through ala bad wolf

In Bad Wolf and Parting of the ways - what made the episode more poignant was Rose reaction to everything that was going on, i still get goose bumps thinking of her when she came out of the tardis all
    Spoiler:
    destroyer of worlds and daleks

in the end of time, i think it feels flat ( as the last few specials have done) because he has no one to bounce with and feel for whats happening to him

in the cafe
    Spoiler:
    when he started crying - that scene imo should have been done with donna, as it would have had a much greater impact

but ....... saying all of the above, i am still stoked to find out what happens next esp with the cliff hanger.
    Spoiler:
    will donna play a bigger role? will the time lords carry on into matt smiths persona? how will it all come together ?

and one last thought..... just who is going to knock 4 times?

oh, and i meant to say this sooner, i have a friend whose son is 15. He is traumatised at the thought that someone else is going to be the dr. i don't remember being especially distraught when i was younger, i was always really excited by a change of dr. but other friends have said that they were upset when the dr changed? not sure why i mentioned that, just that i thought it strange when talking to him that he was so upset by the change in HIS dr

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

just watched end of time again, much better second time round, and sky plus sorted my soud out!!! sorted

Bring on tomorrow

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 120 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast