Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 120 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I'm finally getting caught up on Dr. Who, and I just finished the ep with Arya Stark. I had no idea she was in it, so it was a nice surprise. Also to see that she's in the next episode. I know I'm way behind but I hope she sticks around for a few more.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You're not that far behind, lol.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm all caught up now, I watched this past season all day yesterday I really enjoyed that second episode with her. It would be nice if she made another appearance down the road sometime. Also how many episodes are left for the season?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just 4 episodes left. I think this season overall is shaping up to be one of my favourite seasons in years, up there with series 1, 4 and 6 for me. The Zygon episodes especially were fantastic.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

See, I'm on the opposite aide of the fence. Capaldis seasons have nothing on Tennants or Smiths.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Different tastes, I guess. Tennant had a couple of great seasons, but his first is still the weakest for me out of the New Series so far, with series 7 coming in really close.

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ecclestons season was the worst for me. I think ita because it really didn't start going into the mythology and overlying story arcs until the second season. And man oh man did that first episode suck. Lol

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Series 1 took a while to get going, but it established a lot of new mythology, particularly the Time War and Bad Wolf. Series 2 established a couple of things like Torchwood and the parallel universe Cybermen, but not as much as series 1 did, imho. Plus, Rose is easily at her best in her first series, a wonderfully three-dimensional character who grows so much across 13 episodes. Series 2? While the parallel universe eps and the finale are great, the show began to focus too much on her and the Doctor's relationship rather than her as a character. She wasn't as one-dimensional as when she came back in series 4, but the seeds had begun, really. Still a shame she did come back, as her ending was perfect in Doomsday.

And say what you want about series 1, but 2 still had not one but two of the worst episodes in the entire (and I stress entire, including season 24) show, and in consecutive order, too: Love & Monsters and Fear Her. Rose wasn't the best episode, but it was a masterpiece compared to those eps!

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol @ "Fear Her"

Fuck that episode.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt Smith is a unique performer, but I don't know about all the writing in his seasons.
    I am enjoying the current.
    Odd choice last night, though; an episode that makes you feel bad about watching.
    At the end
    Spoiler:
    it's just a horror effect, akin to The Ring, perhaps
    but before the mystery is resolved, the audience doesn't know who to identify with. Even more disturbing
    Spoiler:
    than becoming victims is the sense of being the villians.

Yeah, I know I'm not the only one (although probably in the minority) but they really lost me during the Matt Smith seasons. It seems to be getting back on track for me, but I'm definitely not as into it as I used to be. BBC America aired a few of the classic episodes, so I have some of those on my dvr to watch, which I'm excited about.

John F. Kennedy Absttractharmony will become famous soon enough Absttractharmony's Avatar

Capaldi is doing a fantastic job after a couple of very ropey seasons from Smith. I'm lucky enough with my job to be privy to some amazing stuff and the last two episodes of this series will knock your socks off.

Traveler Mister_Oy will become famous soon enough Mister_Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Big fan - love most of the "New who"

This week's episode however - was...

Spoiler:
    Confusing, odd, and well... not very good at all!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

... what the hell did I just watch?

Eye booger monsters, strange fourth wall breaking ... That was fucking weird. And not in a good way.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

... anyone? lol

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I liked the twists, and the tone fits in well with series 9's rather grim tone, but...yeah, Saturday's was probably the weakest story this season. I think my least favourite thing was the explanation for the monsters.

Spoiler:
    Advanced, sentient sleep dust? Seriously? Even for Doctor Who, that's...kinda pushing it.

Definitely looking forward to next week's though. Some of it looks very reminiscent of Harry Potter's Diagon Alley. A Doctor Who equivalent of that idea would be more than welcome, if done right.

- Melike

I enjoyed this past weeks episode, maybe I'm biased because Arya Stark was in it yet again. Next week's episode looks really good.
    Also
    Spoiler:
    is there a chance that he could save Clara or is she forever dead? I know she's leaving the show but it's sad that they killed her off like that.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm really hoping
    Spoiler:
    she's dead for good. Moffat has a habit of killing characters off only to find ways of bringing them back later. This is a really memorable exit for Clara, and I hope that Moffat doesn't ruin it.

Having said that, I don't think it's the last we've seen of Clara altogether. There are still versions of her out there, or at least copies. And I wouldn't mind even briefly seeing another of those. But I hope for impact at least that our Clara is dead for good.

- Melike

Traveler Mister_Oy will become famous soon enough Mister_Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well - we haven't seen the last of her this series for sure...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Which is why I'm hoping
    Spoiler:
    she's a copy like Oswin and Victorian Clara, at least.

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, I thought the health care system for Time Lords was good, but that one obscure race who Ashildr met apparently have the real insurance.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I ended this season with an average 2.8 out of 5 rating. Abysmal.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing River again was awesome. Loved the Christmas special.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do people still actually watch this shit?

Anyway, surely it should be "Doctor Whom"?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

In answer to your first question, fuck yeah, and in answer to your second, maybe, but let's be honest, "Doctor Who" just has a better ring to it.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 120 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast