Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Yeah he's only 26... Youngest Doctor so far.
    I hope he's good. I really hope he's good.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

okay, here's my take for what it's worth.

first. he's a fucking baby. OH MY GOD. what is he? 12?

second. how are they going to get away with this? we know from the lore that there are a finite number of regenerations and tennant's character regenerated twice (once into himself). so that's it. he used up all the regenerations. how the fuck are they going to cover that little blip in the lore?

now mind you, i have just begun watching season two (series two whatever the fuck it's called). so i'm not sure where this is going to go yet. but i do know one thing. they better come up with something pretty fucking convincing if they want to change my mind about this whole regeneration thing.

oh and just so you know, i fucking love david tennant. there. i've said it.
    i still love christopher eccelston first and foremost.
    but i fucking love david tennant. are you happy now?

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post

i fucking love david tennant.
    Fixed that for you.

First of all, why the hell do you know that about regenerating into himself already turtle? Stop spoiler-ing yourself. Pfft. But, I don't think that counts as regenerating, does it? I just watched that episode last night... what did they call it?... Some sort of biological crisis?

Here's what wikipedia has to say about it - this is a spoiler for the finale of series 4 - be warned (anyone who hasn't already spoilerized themselves):

Spoiler:

[In that episode they] bring the Doctor into the TARDIS where he begins the regeneration process. During the process, he directs the regeneration energy towards his previously severed hand that is connected to the TARDIS, keeping the Doctor in the same form. Later Donna Noble inadvertently causes a "human biological metacrisis" by touching the severed hand, which causes a part human, part Time Lord version of the Doctor to be created. Whether he has used up one of his regenerations is not explored; in Doctor Who Confidential for this episode, Tennant says he thinks this is up to future writers.

And when you say twice, you mean once from Chris to David and once from David to David (sort of), right?

Chris to David = his ninth regeneration
    David to David (if this counts) = his tenth regeneration

Wikipedia also says: a Time Lord can regenerate twelve times before dying (thirteen incarnations in all).

So, even IF his regeneration into himself counts as one, that's still only ten total... So he's got one (or two, depending on if David-David counts) more. Wait, so is Matt the last one?

Does that make any sense? Oh lord I'm so fucking confused now...

Okay, I'm doing research now because I need to know. Granted, it's all on Wikipedia, but it's usually pretty accurate, right?

Here's what I'm finding:

"The Doctor himself has numbered his regenerations on several occasions, each time intimating that the William Hartnell incarnation was the first. For example, it is explicitly stated by the Fifth Doctor in Mawdryn Undead that he has eight incarnations left, and in The Five Doctors Peter Davison's Doctor (introducing himself to the First Doctor) says that he is the fourth regeneration, meaning that there have been five of him. Again in The Five Doctors, the First Doctor (then played by Richard Hurndall instead of the late William Hartnell but implied to be the same incarnation) refers to himself as the "original"."

So, if that's correct... David is the tenth incarnation of the doctor, but only the ninth regeneration. That means he's still got three left. Now, what we don't know is if his "regeneration" into himself counts as a regeneration...

I'm still looking on that...

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys watched the old Dr Who at all? Tom Baker ruled...K-9 and a funky scarf?! C'mon, you can't rock harder than that!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I liked Peter Davison (#5). He's the Doctor featured in my short story "Leap Second" from "Doctor Who: Destination Prague"

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, he surprised me. At that time he was in alot of sitcoms and children's programmes and I didn't think he'd make a good Dr at first.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Tom Baker is the incarnation that got me watching the show.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Have you guys watched the old Dr Who at all? Tom Baker ruled...K-9 and a funky scarf?! C'mon, you can't rock harder than that!
    As I mentioned earlier we have a floor to ceiling bookcase section filled with almost nothing but Doctor Who. As we have all the new ones on DVD this should give you an idea of just how much old doctor who we have. Tom Baker was awesomeness personified.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

K9 is awesome. I want one.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i am now through season three. just received discs one and two of season four and will start watching them either tonight or tomorrow. oh my god!

Spoiler:
    captain jack is the face of boe!

and now i know how the key to the tardis got on twine in blink - that was driving me fucking nuts (turtles notice little things like that and obsess over them - it's our ocd nature.

and yes, i officially love david tennant. but not more than christopher eccelston. so there.

Wooooo!
    Now when you're done with season four you can start Torchwood.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

what does this remind you of?

AHHHH!

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you my Mommy?

So, I've heard several people make comment that Obama might be The Master. And then I saw this...

Here come the drums!

If it weren't for DW I'd be a homicidal(er) maniac by now. and I've only been away for two days.

Cracked.com did a list of the 11 Most Retarded Fictional Weapons - check out number 1.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16983_p2.html

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Doctor Who fans.... Colin Baker is going to appear the at New York ComicCon ( in NYC Feb 6-8th ).

Details on the con - http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=6668
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

OK, this forum hasn't been updated in a while, so i'm just here to add...

BRAND NEW SERIES OF DOCTOR WHO STARTS TOMORROW!!!!

Ok, well not quite. Brand new series of the audio adventures of the 8th doctor to begin. One episode to download per week, 8 two-part stories, 16 episodes in total. AND with the brilliant (you know it wasn't until the Waste Lands that I realised that "brilliant" is a very british word?) pairing of Paul McGann as the Doctor and Sheridan Smith as companion Lucie Miller.

BTW, for those fans who don't know, Paul McGann was the actor who played the 8th doctor for only one tv movie, but he's done loads of audio stuff since then. And he fucking pwns Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant. Don't get me wrong, those two are good, but Paul McGann was so brilliant he made a shit movie hugely watchable!

So, 8DA: Season 3 to begin tomorrow! Can't WAIT!!! Especially considering the double whammy cliffhanger of season two!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

BTW, for those fans who don't know, Paul McGann was the actor who played the 8th doctor for only one tv movie, but he's done loads of audio stuff since then. And he fucking pwns Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant.
    But he was no Tom Baker.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

BTW, for those fans who don't know, Paul McGann was the actor who played the 8th doctor for only one tv movie, but he's done loads of audio stuff since then. And he fucking pwns Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant.
    But he was no Tom Baker.
    Ah, very true, but McGann was the first Doctor I actually watched, so essentially he's my doctor. You've gotta admit, he did play the Doctor brilliantly in the movie.

"A meteor storm and the sky above us was dancing with lights! Purple, green, brilliant yellow, YES!"
    "WHAT?!?"
    "These SHOES! They fit perfectly!"
    ""

One of my all time favourite Doctor Who moments, that is! But you are right of course, Tom Baker rules, too!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

But he was no Tom Baker.
    Ah, very true, but McGann was the first Doctor I actually watched, so essentially he's my doctor. You've gotta admit, he did play the Doctor brilliantly in the movie.

"A meteor storm and the sky above us was dancing with lights! Purple, green, brilliant yellow, YES!"
    "WHAT?!?"
    "These SHOES! They fit perfectly!"
    ""

One of my all time favourite Doctor Who moments, that is! But you are right of course, Tom Baker rules, too!
    Yes, indeed, though it's been a long time and I don't recall it well. We have a positively obscene amount of the old Doctor Who on videocassete at my house.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes, indeed, though it's been a long time and I don't recall it well. We have a positively obscene amount of the old Doctor Who on videocassete at my house.
    Haha, i'm exactly the same. Well, with hardly any actual new Doctor Who on the telly this year (it's almost like living in the 90s again!), now's the time to dig those tapes out! Myself, i'm currently making my way through season two. Not series two, but the original SEASON two with william hartnell. I love how mysterious the doctor was at first. And, having watched the Romans for the 1st time recently, i was AMAZED at finding out just how close ian and barbara were! I'd take Ian/Barbara to Doctor/Rose any day!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast