Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

"Who blinks? I'm too scared to blink"
    crap. this smilie blinks.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I do like Tennant because of the slightly homicidal side to him. When we met Eccleston he was just coming off seeing his world destroyed, he was dark, but more in a sad way.

Tennant came in as a more "fun", "light hearted" Doctor, but when you cross him, or any of the humans he has grown to care about, he becomes near maniacal. God help any body who crosses Tennant's Doctor.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

and with that comment i post this. skip to near the end if you don't want to see the fun, but crappy fight scene.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAHzmQBFgPY"]YouTube - Doctor Who Vs. Sycorax Leader[/ame]

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

yeah, okay. i'll give you that. "i'm that sort of a man"

oh, and that hand growy thing is pretty cool, too.

i saw that and laughed my head off. shame they usually don't show christmas specials Stateside.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    woofer - - - (although i'm pretty sure that was more than 25 words) and what else would i vote for? you forget the presence of a (stone) turtle.

razz - - - so that's why you like tennant
    GAH! You caught me. It was more than 25, but it did sum up the Time Lord life cycle neatly.
    Last edited by Woofer; 06-04-2008 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Fix a typo. I can't help myself.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

but why can he regenerate when he's near death? and how did he get the ability? did all time lords have it or just him - the doctor?

(and did you notice my use of the past tense there? see, i know his world was destroyed and that he's the last time lord. aren't you proud of me?)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Yes! Very proud. You will love the doctor, yet!

As for regeneration, it's a property of the Time Lord race which enables them to live for centuries. I'm not sure how they developed the ability, though. They don't even have to be near death; they can do it at will. It's considered genetic reshuffling. It's actually pretty cool.

I'm not sure, but i think Timelords can live a tremendous amount of time without regenerationg. The Master Aged the Doctor 1000 years. so they can probably live about that long before regenerating.

but isn't that master guy still alive or something. isn't he the only time lord that beat the system?

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    i saw that and laughed my head off. shame they usually don't show christmas specials Stateside.

I thought that they did? At the beginning of the season, just not at Christmas.

My love went back to London to visit family for Christmas so I got the Christmas special as a speccial little gift from him. (& a lot of cool not found in the US type Doctor Stuff).

The Master is
    Spoiler:
    supposedly the only other Time Lord in existence. As when we met the new incarnations of the Doctor, he thought he was the ONLY one left...
    , But yes, he did "beat the system" in order to gain extra regenerations...however, Classic DW has us believing he was dead once and for all, and obviously not the case.

In retrospect with turtlesong getting all this other info I guess the spoiler wasn't a spoiler, but I'm keeping it marked anyway....

they did show voyage of the Damned. but that's the only one i know of.
    apparently the Master may return yet again. something about his ring.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I am pretty sure I watched the Christmas Special that introduced Donna on Sci-Fi channel at the start of the last season. I know this only because I remember HATING her character 7 being very upset they were bringing her back, long before I got the series 3 DVD set...as for any prior to that, it was before my introduction to the Doctor, so I couldn't say.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    they did show voyage of the Damned. but that's the only one i know of.
    apparently the Master may return yet again. something about his ring.
    I think you are VERY right. In the classic series when he was "killed" "once and for all" his essence or soul or what-have-you was actually contained in something (can't remember what now) so it is VERY possible that his essence was contained in the ring. Also they insinuate heavily that
    Spoiler:
    the Master's wife, who were are led to believe is reformed, is the one to pick it up after his body is burned...me thinks it was all part of his plan...

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    I am pretty sure I watched the Christmas Special that introduced Donna on Sci-Fi channel at the start of the last season. I know this only because I remember HATING her character 7 being very upset they were bringing her back, long before I got the series 3 DVD set...as for any prior to that, it was before my introduction to the Doctor, so I couldn't say.
    You're right about the Christmas special airing before the Martha Jones as companion season. I was hoping that she would not be the next companion. Glad she's changed a little for this season.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I would have screamed until my eyes exploded if she was still as annoying this time around as she was in Runaway Bride!

seeing as this is my fav. episode, i feel it is a public service announcement to inform you that the episode "Blink " will air friday morning at 5 on scifi.
    i would watch it if i had the brain power to wake up earlier than six.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'll just put the DVD in....

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    I think I'll just put the DVD in....
    i hate you so much.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a thin line between love & hate,Razz...

and an even thinner one between jealousy and hate.

my mind works different. jealousy and hate are basically the same.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone see tonight's episode?? Fantastic!

i have it on my upstairs computer. es ist wunderbar!

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I just spent the evening 'catching up' on this season. Having way too much fun picking out the
    Spoiler:
    Rose
    sightings, but at least I'll know what's going on next week.

I'm wondering if they'll bring Rose back for a special? if this is indeed the last season for Tennant, it will probably be then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast