Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The news just keeps getting....arrrrggggg. I don't want to wait a whole year and a half for a new episode(minus the Christmas special).

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/doctor-boss...221708135.html

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed; too long to wait. One more Moffat/Capaldi series sounds about right, though, in the positives column, (I'd want certainly no less, and really no more, of Moffat at least, cool as some of his stuff has been.) Furthermore, remarkable choice for successor. All in all, the news honestly could be worse.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I don't think it's too bad. For a lot of British shows, sometimes the wait is ridiculously long (Red Dwarf, I'm looking at you), so a little over a year's not too bad. I'm not happy about it, but as Mike said, it could definitely be worse.

In the meantime: thank fuck for Big Finish! Paul McGann and John Hurt box sets, and a story called "The Two Masters" (seriously, why the fuck hasn't that been done already?!?), so it'll help with the fix.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I don't think it's too bad. For a lot of British shows, sometimes the wait is ridiculously long (Red Dwarf, I'm looking at you), so a little over a year's not too bad. I'm not happy about it, but as Mike said, it could definitely be worse.

In the meantime: thank fuck for Big Finish! Paul McGann and John Hurt box sets, and a story called "The Two Masters" (seriously, why the fuck hasn't that been done already?!?), so it'll help with the fix.

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Starting to rewatch Series 9 has made me realize how many other good episodes had lately receded from my thoughts beneath "Heaven Sent"s shadow.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

O.M.G. I just put things together for an awesome thought! If the Doctor chose his current face because it reminded him of what Donna taught him about saving people, that means that in the future, the Doctor could actually be played by Catherine Tate! I just figured out who the next Doctor should be, didn't I? The confirmation in "Hell Bent" that Time Lords do, though rarely, switch genders is the latest step angling toward the inevitable. But many fans are still touchy about it. No woman is in a better position to overcome that. Am I right that most would say immediately, "If we had to have a woman, guess that's not so bad?" If not, I foresee her winning them over with the right degree of comedy. Obviously, a touch of humor will be vital whenever they do it. Fits perfect, and also I love her, and also it would be such a good show.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmm. Catherine Tate would be a bold choice, not just for being a woman, but the fact that, unlike Colin Baker and Peter Capaldi, her role on the show was pretty major before. I think she could do it, and I adored her as Donna, but I think a fresh take would be preferable, regardless of gender. With Tate, you already have a good idea of what to expect, especially with the DoctorDonna in Journey's End.

By the way, here's another article I've written up. I've always been intrigued by and greatly enjoyed Doctor Who's relationship with horror, so I couldn't resist writing this. http://doctorwhowatch.com/2016/04/20...h-is-too-much/

- Melike

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I like fresh, too. We're just making antithetical arguments, though. Too much change always brings an uproar. And what nerd does not appreciate some elements of continuity?

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as I was concerned, there wasn't much real need to invent explanation for Capaldi having appeared before, but I'm curious to see it be further developed now the concept has been opened.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

The facebook page for Dr Who reports the new companion will be announced this sat April 23 at halftime of a sports match.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I shared my thought after this article about implications of that "Girl Who Waited" scene --
    www.radiotimes.com/fan-theory-doctor-controlled-regenerations
    -- where it got six replies (all positive) and ten likes.

Also, it has occurred to me that Billie Piper's appearance being imitated by the Time Lord A.I. in "Day of the Doctor" could be regarded as another prefigure. I seriously hope they realize how fully the stage has been set for this exact transformation.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Starting to rewatch Series 9 has made me realize how many other good episodes had lately receded from my thoughts beneath "Heaven Sent"s shadow.
    I missed this before, but agreed. Been re-watching with a friend, and there really were so many great stories this series: 'The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar', 'The Girl Who Died', 'The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion'. Even the story that was the most stand-alone next to 'Sleep No More', 'Under the Lake/Before the Flood', was a great horror/timey-wimey story. Along with series 1, 4 and 6, (with the latter half of series 3,) definitely one of my favourite series since the show came back.

Big Finish released audio story 'The Two Masters' earlier this week, featuring Geoffrey Beevers as the decaying Master from Tom Baker's era, and Alex Macqueen as an incarnation exclusive to Big Finish that just might be one of the best incarnations we've had in the past ten years (yup, that includes Simm and Gomez. Although bloody hell, do I wish we got more of Jacobi). Along with being a story that should've been done a long time ago, it's also the conclusion to a recent trilogy that focused on the two incarnations separately in each story. I'm relistening to the whole trilogy already, partly because it's been absolutely brilliant from start to finish, but also because there's definitely a lot I missed the first time, particularly relating to one of the best Doctor Who twists I've ever heard only revealed in the final story.

Here are my reviews for each story of the season:

And You Will Obey Me
    Vampire of the Mind
    The Two Masters

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Currently reviewing 'The War Games' on Doctor Who Watch, hence the change in sig. I had forgotten just how epic this story was. The quote I've used in my sig especially is one I love, although I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure why. Just sounds like a great summary of 'The War Games'.

- Melike

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well War games is a masterpiece and it's really amazing on how damn good it fucking it is cause on how it was written, with them still writing it as it was being filmed and having no idea how it was going to end. that can and has backfired plenty of times and this is the RARE occassion where it worked perfectly. i watched Robots of death last nite, and than i watched The Mind Robber too i love that one. now i'm on Inferno another favorite. i bought a slew of them recently so that's why they are out of order. at the moment i have 60 left to get but i hope to get more soon and maybe it will go down a bit further

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Absolutely agreed on The War Games. Making it up as they went along shouldn't have worked for a story as long and ambitious as that, but yeah, it was overall executed beautifully, and has one of the best endings in Who. Also agreed on Mind Robber, Inferno and Robots of Death. Definitely some of my favourite stories, and the brilliant part is how different those three stories are.

Also, who else is super excited about the new Power of the Daleks animation? I can't wait to watch that.

- Melike

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

actually the only thing i hate about the War Games is the times lords forcing Jamie & Zoe to forget about him. them being sent home i got and that's fine but their entire adventure after they left home i hated how they did that. and yes i am pumped to watch that. by the way i'm now down to needing to get #53 dvd's and that's still to damn high i think. but at least a bit better than fucking needing #60 i guess. anyways Inferno is my favorite Pertwee Story. and i also love Terror of the Autons which i recently bought a couple weeks ago as well. i had to wait like about a fucking year before the prices on amazon went down to a reasonable price since it's now out of print. i got it for i think $36 bucks. and that ain't bad i don't think.

i'm currently in the middle of watching The Key To Time season. which i bought them all expect The Armageddon Factor. it's a good season and i like the 1st Romana but not all the stories are great. The Ribos Operation is fucking Brilliant.
    The Pirate Planet is Medicore, The Stones of Blood is great up until the last part which than i think it falls apart. but The Androids of Tara is a good one too. now i'm on the power of Kroll and i will have to get back to ya on that one since it's been awhile since i last saw it. by the way congrats on reaching 6,000 posts

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Terror of the Autons is such a great introduction the Master. Roger Delgado really nailed the role for being the Doctor's arch-nemesis right from his first story.

Agreed on the Key to Time season. Definitely hit and miss, but there's definitely a couple of gems. The Ribos Operation is quite an underrated story, I think. Very slow paced, but aren't all the characters fantastic? And The Androids of Tara is so much fun. So light-hearted, and a real fairytale atmosphere.

And thanks! I hadn't noticed I had reached 6000 posts. Wow. Haven't even had a chance to post that much, lately, I've been so busy getting settled in Canada.

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice kaufen is on a distinguished road

my son pointed this out to me....I thought it was cute. (yes my son is a bronie)
    Last edited by kaufen; 06-12-2017 at 04:31 AM.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

ah another friend from Canada. i know a lot of folks from there as online friends, the most countries i think i'm friends with is the UK , Canada, and the land of OZ. sure there's other countries i'm sure. but those 3 are the most it seems like. i watched The Caves of Andronzi recently, and yeah i did like it, but i think it hurt it a little that i watched part 1 like a week ago and i continued with Part 2 the other nite. i did start The Twin Dillema but i'm only like 5 minutes into it to be fair. so i can't say how bad it is. i've never seen it before so i am quite aware on how much it is hated

and your welcome too on the post count notice

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Saddened by the death of John Hurt...The war doctor has gone.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Found it! Had to dig for this thread.

I am SO excited for the finale. The double Master thing was awesome.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And FUCK, Missy is sexy.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

... Where the hell is everyone?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

In my case? Writing reviews and opinions on Doctor Who Watch. XD

But I certainly loved the finale. Been itching for a chance to re-watch it, but been catching up on Sherlock Holmes the past couple of weeks.
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't perfect, but I loved how it balanced so much. The two Masters and the ending for both of them, the Cybermen origins (and making sure that it was just one origin of many, don't want to overwrite 'Spare Parts', after all), and how it was a regeneration story without the regeneration. A bold choice, but I'm interested to see where the Christmas special goes. The cliffhanger was of course brilliant, too. Can't wait for the Christmas special.

Favourite line: "THIS is our perfect ending! We shoot ourselves in the back!" Definitely Simm's best performance yet in the role.

- Melike

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This is fantastic news: the new Doctor is going to be brilliant!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast