Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 120 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I especially loved how, in Utopia, right before
    Spoiler:
    the Professor opened the watch,
    you started hearing sound clips from the old series. Thought that was an incredibly nice touch, and after 3 years of not really seeing or hearing anything before 2005, a genuinely fan pleasing moment.

Btw, your sig/avatar keeps reminding me: I must get back to Fringe! I've only watched the first couple of eps, about a few months back.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I especially loved how, in Utopia, right before
    Spoiler:
    the Professor opened the watch,
    you started hearing sound clips from the old series. Thought that was an incredibly nice touch, and after 3 years of not really seeing or hearing anything before 2005, a genuinely fan pleasing moment.

Btw, your sig/avatar keeps reminding me: I must get back to Fringe! I've only watched the first couple of eps, about a few months back.
    Wish I could recognize that voices and sentences. One day I will.

I would be happy talking to you about Fringe too.
    Walter Bishop is legendary. I think he and Doctor has similar characters.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

From what I caught, yes, they do share some similar characteristics. Kinda like Doctor and Cumberbatch's version of Sherlock, really. Now there's three people I'd love to see having a discussion! That'd be epic!

Regarding Fringe, I'll probably watch more of it while also watching more Supernatural. I'll let you know when I do watch any more of it, anyway. And the moment where it all clicks and I go, "whoa!", as I think I'm still waiting for that moment. Been good so far, but I haven't reached the point where it gets really good, if all i've heard is to be believed.

- Melike

From what I caught, yes, they do share some similar characteristics. Kinda like Doctor and Cumberbatch's version of Sherlock, really. Now there's three people I'd love to see having a discussion! That'd be epic!

Regarding Fringe, I'll probably watch more of it while also watching more Supernatural. I'll let you know when I do watch any more of it, anyway. And the moment where it all clicks and I go, "whoa!", as I think I'm still waiting for that moment. Been good so far, but I haven't reached the point where it gets really good, if all i've heard is to be believed.
    Ah! I love Sherlock! But I think Walter and Doctor has more similarities then Sherlock and the Doctor! They both like food!
    Anyway, I made my dad watch Sherlock with a little pressure, and he liked it. Then I tried my chance with the Game of Shadows, and he slept.

I do not exactly remember when I started to like Fringe this way, but I am sure that it was about one of the Walter moments. Walter and the Doctor are the only protagonists I find this interesting and amazing.

Is there a Sherlock topic here on this site?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Here's the link to Sherlock topic: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...10962-Sherlock

And to be fair, I like the Ritchie/Downey Jr. Holmes films, but I didn't enjoy them half as much as the BBC series. I adore that show, thought both series so far have been amazingly well crafted. Game of Shadows was good, but it's got nothing on The Fall of Reichenbach, imo.

I'll continue watching Fringe for Walter. I will admit, everyone I've spoken to about Fringe has usually said it's mainly because of Walter, and judging from how he is in the first few eps, I've gotta agree with them. Is he as interesting to me as either the Doctor or Sherlock yet? I'll continue watching and let you know.

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Melike who's your favorite Doctor, Matt? And I didn't know Jean watched Blink! And he enjoyed it? Will try to get Feev to watch it. Its the one ep I've been dying for him to see. Its my personal favorite, love the Weeping Angels. They're such a creative villian and so scary
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you did know Jean watched Blink, Heather. It was months back, but I remember you asking Jean about it after he watched it.

- Melike

Here's the link to Sherlock topic: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...10962-Sherlock

And to be fair, I like the Ritchie/Downey Jr. Holmes films, but I didn't enjoy them half as much as the BBC series. I adore that show, thought both series so far have been amazingly well crafted. Game of Shadows was good, but it's got nothing on The Fall of Reichenbach, imo.

I'll continue watching Fringe for Walter. I will admit, everyone I've spoken to about Fringe has usually said it's mainly because of Walter, and judging from how he is in the first few eps, I've gotta agree with them. Is he as interesting to me as either the Doctor or Sherlock yet? I'll continue watching and let you know.
    I like the movies too, but in the series characters are much deeper. Expecially Sherlock.
    About Walter: You will learn lots of things about him. He is another mad man with... Spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Melike who's your favorite Doctor, Matt? And I didn't know Jean watched Blink! And he enjoyed it? Will try to get Feev to watch it. Its the one ep I've been dying for him to see. Its my personal favorite, love the Weeping Angels. They're such a creative villian and so scary
    Yeah, Matt Smith. Well, I am watching Tennant's last season by now, I can not say Matt is my favorite as easy as I could before watching Tennant. He is amazing too. But Matt Smith's doctor has something different. I do not know what it is exactly.
    Anyway, I love the Doctor. Wheeping Angels are both scary and romantic. So lonely...
    Yours is Tennant, right?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, love Tennant! I like Matt as well. Took me a little bit to really warm up to him, but he's good. Don't think anyone could ever replace Tennant for me though.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you did know Jean watched Blink, Heather. It was months back, but I remember you asking Jean about it after he watched it.
    I remember you getting after him to watch it, but that's it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite doctor's are in order:

Baker
    Tennant
    Smith-Tennant and Smith kinda switch around for me sometimes based on my mood
    Eccleston

The rest of those guys. I haven't watched enough of the eps with the others to get a feel for them, really.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Current favourites for me are, in descending order:

McGann
    Smith
    McCoy
    Tennant
    Troughton
    Tom Baker
    Colin Baker
    Pertwee
    Hartnell
    Eccleston
    Davison

Very difficult picking favs, and most of this, bar the top spot, could change at any time, really. Smith I prefer more than Tennant for his more mysterious and alien approach to the role, which is why, despite not being the best actor in this list, I also place McCoy's Doctor rather highly. Bear in mind though that this is based as much on what I've listened on audio as what I've watched tv wise, which is why I enjoy Colin's Doctor almost as much as Tom's. The former got some rubbish stories, and his character was badly written on television, but he's so much better with good scripts on audio, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    My favorite doctor's are in order:

Baker
    Tennant
    Smith-Tennant and Smith kinda switch around for me sometimes based on my mood
    Eccleston

The rest of those guys. I haven't watched enough of the eps with the others to get a feel for them, really.
    And bro, you need to sort that out asap!

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I've probably seen several by all of them at this point. Some of them though there are too few eps to go on.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait? We're ranking Doctors now? Oh, this is hard...
    In descending order:

Smith
    McGann
    Troughton
    McCoy
    Eccelston
    Tom Baker
    Tennant
    Pertwee
    Colin Baker
    Hartnell
    Davison

But it is important to note, that beneath McCoy, it's really all even. I don't dislike any of them, though, as James said, a lot of the ranking has to do strictly with audio performances.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

We have some audios, but I haven't heard any yet.

If you rescue me

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I liked back when Daleks could be defeated by stairs.

I'm too lazy to rank them all, but Baker was my first Doctor, when I was a kid, watching reruns on KET(Kentucky Educational Television, a PBS channel. It was also where I first encountered Monty Python).

My favorite Doctor is Smith, followed by Tennant.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Just finished season 4 and I really loved "The Stolen Earth" and "Journey's End".
    And, in The End of Time it feels strange.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Just finished season 4 and I really loved "The Stolen Earth" and "Journey's End".
    Awesome on Stolen Earth and Journey's End! Yes, I do love those eps as well. Not perfect, but definitely satisfies one's boyish glee, with not just old companions, even older enemies, but even acting as a crossover between the spinoffs to boot, that I really liked.

And strange? How so?

- Melike

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Awesome on Stolen Earth and Journey's End! Yes, I do love those eps as well. Not perfect, but definitely satisfies one's boyish glee, with not just old companions, even older enemies, but even acting as a crossover between the spinoffs to boot, that I really liked.
    Yes, I liked how everything, everyone came together.

And strange? How so?
    It is a sad moment when The Doctor regenerates. With Eccleston who stayed not that long, it was still sad but ok. Especially Tennant following him. But 10 stayed much longer which is another thing that makes you feel closer to him beside his awesomeness. So his regeneration is strange. One second I do not want him to leave and in the other Smith came in. I will be really sad when Smith leaves.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I can understand that. Although I did find Eccleston's departure more harder than Tennant's, if I'm honest. It might've had to do with the fact that even 13 weeks was a good time to get to know his Doctor. But also I hated how Tennant's departure was treated as an actual death. I didn't mind the long goodbye to the RTD era too much, but by the end, Ten's Doctor had become a little too unlikeable for me, so I more than welcolmed Smith when he arrived. Unlike Eccleston's departure, which was really him going out on a high.

- Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I can understand that. Although I did find Eccleston's departure more harder than Tennant's, if I'm honest. It might've had to do with the fact that even 13 weeks was a good time to get to know his Doctor. But also I hated how Tennant's departure was treated as an actual death. I didn't mind the long goodbye to the RTD era too much, but by the end, Ten's Doctor had become a little too unlikeable for me, so I more than welcolmed Smith when he arrived. Unlike Eccleston's departure, which was really him going out on a high.
    I found Tennants departure just lacked so much diginity. I agree that towards the end 10 was going off the rails slightly, but the actual regeneration was just too drawn out and for me it seemed more about tennant saying goodbye than the doctor, and that annoyed the bejesus out of me. whereas 9th doctor regeneration was so bitter sweet and gave Ecclestons doctor such a dignified and sad goodbye,

It was strange in a way, because 9 'died' to save Rose, and he did it was bravery and sorrow. When 10 'died' to save wilf, he was so bitter about it, ranting about not wanting to die. It just made me cringe, and ruined the whole of Tennants tenure.

Sorry to interupt, cant resist a good dr who debate. As you were peoples

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    I found Tennants departure just lacked so much diginity. I agree that towards the end 10 was going off the rails slightly, but the actual regeneration was just too drawn out and for me it seemed more about tennant saying goodbye than the doctor, and that annoyed the bejesus out of me. whereas 9th doctor regeneration was so bitter sweet and gave Ecclestons doctor such a dignified and sad goodbye,

It was strange in a way, because 9 'died' to save Rose, and he did it was bravery and sorrow. When 10 'died' to save wilf, he was so bitter about it, ranting about not wanting to die. It just made me cringe, and ruined the whole of Tennants tenure.

THIS. Both Candy and James...you speak the absolute truth. The main reason - however petty it might be - that I genuinely prefer Eccelston over Tennant is mostly because of his awful ending. I can't really rant about it enough, which means I should probably not start. But you get the idea.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's why I'm kinda hoping that Smith will be given a decent exit. The thing is, I really did heavily enjoy Tennant's run, and for his first couple of years, he was one of my favourite Doctors. It was just the end - perhaps mixed with the constant reaction of "omg, bring him back, he was the greatest doctor out of the only one i've seen, everyone else sucks" from the Tennant fangirls that has weakened his image slightly. Definitely hoping Smith's Doctor gets treated a lot better when his exit is eventually written.

- Melike

My comparision was on a different way. You watch the show during a long period of time. For me, it was different. I had all the episodes of 2005 series. Eccleston's time passed quickly, and when I stated to like the character he changed. Tennant's time was longer and I had more time to get used to him. But, yes, I agree with all of you, Tennant's ending was written badly.-->

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post

-->Yes, Eccleston's goodbye was more about The Doctor's goodbye. Still, in Eccleston's goodbye, I think there was a compliment to the actor himself also, which I think is one of the most beautiful things about the series.
    What bugs me about Tennant's regenaration is how they forced it to be so dramatic. It naturally was dramatic. ''I don't want to go.'' It is against the basic character of the Doctor. One moment he is the saddest man ever, but then he finds something to distract himself. Tennant's doctor could have the best last words, he was more interesting than that.

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    THIS. Both Candy and James...you speak the absolute truth. The main reason - however petty it might be - that I genuinely prefer Eccelston over Tennant is mostly because of his awful ending. I can't really rant about it enough, which means I should probably not start. But you get the idea.[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm kinda hoping that Smith will be given a decent exit. The thing is, I really did heavily enjoy Tennant's run, and for his first couple of years, he was one of my favourite Doctors. It was just the end - perhaps mixed with the constant reaction of "omg, bring him back, he was the greatest doctor out of the only one i've seen, everyone else sucks" from the Tennant fangirls that has weakened his image slightly. Definitely hoping Smith's Doctor gets treated a lot better when his exit is eventually written.
    Race of Fangirl... I am lucky we do not have so much of them in my country.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Very cool! Yes, I really liked seeing the glimpses of the original journal in Human Nature, especially the page with all the previous Doctors on it.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 120 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast