Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 120 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What a BAMF

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This has been released for a few weeks now, but I didn't see it posted on here. 21 days!

]

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks, I hadn't seen it yet. Looks good, I can't wait!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

This may be relevant to your interests: http://www.girlgonegeekblog.com/2011...aystation-bar/

From Topless Robot, where I found the link above:

There's a Doctor Who (and vaguely steampunk)-themed bar in Brooklyn. It's called the Way Station. It features viewings of new and classic Who episodes on Sundays and Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Mondays. The drink menu includes Gallifreyan cocktails. The bathroom is a TARDIS. They keep track of The Silence sightings with marks on the wall. The ATM screen says "EXTERMINATE" on it and prints "Bad Wolf" on all receipts. It's at 683 Washington Avenue, and the next time I get to New York I will see you there.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Awesome!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanna' go to it now.

Narnian Doctor Who Christmas!!!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Awesome!
    So I take it you and Jenn and going to plan a road trip to NY while you're out here
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Awesome!
    So I take it you and Jenn and going to plan a road trip to NY while you're out here
    If only! First: I have classes, second: I am not of legal age to drink, and third: I would never feel like driving that far. I'd do a plane ride for sure

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

To think: just 12 more days until a brand new ep of Who! Can't wait! But sad to think we won't be getting that much Who on tv next year. Well, I've been preparing myself anyway, and stocking up, currently having a ton of audios I haven't listened to yet that I got through loads of deals. I'm also currently saving for a subscription to next year's new 4th Doctor audio series, which is funny because the BBC Hornet's Nest series has never really appealed to me, although that might be because, from everything I've heard, it's less "audio play" and more "audio book". Next year's series from Big Finish though is something I'm really looking forward to.
    Spoiler:
    Especially since Geoffrey Beavers is back as the Master! Wonderful news!
    Can't wait!

In the meantime, I've been currently listening to a particular major arc with the 6th Doctor. Really great stuff I've listened to so far. One thing I love about the radio series made by Big Finish: they can play around with timey-wimeyness in a much, much bigger way than Moffat could, really. Not that I don't love Moffat's confusing time travel eps, but he doesn't quite have as much freedom really playing with that when he's got to tell his stories in a visual medium. 6th Doctor story Brotherhood of the Daleks is a nice example of that. Not only were there some nice little nods made to a 3rd Doctor story, there were also nice little nods to an 8th Doctor audio story as well. Really liking that.

Oh, and my subscriber bonus story arrived today: The Five Companions! The 5th Doctor, 5 companions, sontarans and daleks! Eep! I might just wait until xmas day before listening to this, though. Save it as a special treat. I must say though, Big Finish have been getting much, much better with their subscriber exclusives in recent years. Before, they had some good ideas, but only for a few hardcore fans, it has to be said. Like "Return to the Web Planet" or "Return of the Krotons" (the latter of which does push the current 6 arc I'm listening to forward a little, so I'm told). But for the past two years? Well, in 2009 we had the Doctor not only meet his granddaughter for the first time in years, we also had him meet his part-human great grandson. To describe a "bonus" story as MAJOR doesn't begin to cover it. Then we had "The Four Doctors" which, while hardly an epic or, in terms of even audio canon, a massive gamechanger, it was still a rather clever time travel tale with 4 doctors and daleks. I'll be interested in hearing how good the subscriber bonus is this year (although, to be honest, I think AEC pretty much set the standard for convincing people to spend £70).

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I know, James! In the next 9 months or so, we are going to get 2 hours of new Who on television. Makes me a tad depressed, thinking about it...
    but then, as you so astutely mentioned, we have loads of audio to tide ourselves over I was thinking, though....we need to hurry up and get through the 8/Lucie stories so I can get to that Christmas special on time! 12 days, as you said! I don't see why it would be an issue to listen to at least one a day to get myself caught up until then. They are only 50 min, afterall.

Your description of BotD makes me even more excited to listen to it today. I'm just hoping it's an obvious allusion to and 8th Doctor story. I want to catch the reference too, but with studying all all...I can make no promises

Where does the ep with the Doctor's granddaughter fall in the chronology of what we are listening to right now?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmm, you're right regarding season 3. I'll try and send you at least one story a night of 8 and Lucie across the next week anyway.

As for when 8 meets Susan? Well...we'll get to that point eventually, anyway.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

MEUR...I totally hate you

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, so the latest christmas special, The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe was just on. Thoughts? I liked it, and I really enjoyed its fairy tale atmosphere. Love it? Erm, well, let me think about that. It did seem to be a bit slow at times. Not that much really happened, and there wasn't that much of a threat. But I did love how magical it was, as well as some certain continuity nods. Also appreciated seeing Bill Bailey and Arabella Weir in some nice comedic roles.

Spoiler:
    There were some parts that I found to be incredibly predictable, such as the husband not dying the moment it cut away from the apparently crashing plane. But really thinking about it? As much as I hated that level of how predictable it was, at the end of the day, it was handled well, I thought. I think there could've been more potential made from the tree people, too, and I don't think they were quite memorable enough in some respects. But, as far as capturing that "christmasy" feel, I think the episode did well on all counts. Also, I was very "YAY!" when Amy and Rory made a surprise appearance. Ok, so I'm having doubts at how much longer they can remain fresh considering that they "left" the Doctor about 3 episodes ago, but it's something I can still put up with easily, especially considering it gave even the Doctor a moment of christmas joy.

So, overall score: 7/10. A little slow and predictable in some aspects, but overall, another nice fairy tale story from Moffat.

- Melike

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very touching ending! So......
    Spoiler:
    Did the Doctor actually have a tear or was it water from Amy's waterpistol?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

i finally got around to watching the Christmas Special. I really liked it, but it may be at least a bit because I was happy to have some new Doctor Who.

I am watching the first episode of the 2005 series again because one of my roommates is talking about maybe giving Doctor Who a try after having talking to his brother about the episode The End of the World from the 2005 series. I nearly forgot how much I actually love Eccleston as the Doctor.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt Smith and Karen Gillan both won awards for Best Actor and Actress at the UK TV Awards this week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3GxH...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai0Mb...eature=related

Well done to both of them.

Although not an Amy fan, I think Karen was good in some of the episodes - personally think Eva Myles should have won, but at least Doctor Who is bringing home much deserved awards

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DOGDAMMIT! I keep seeing this thread bumped and think that Dr. Who is coming back

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

it is coming back, like in the fall
    we just have to take a cue from a certain scottish redhead and be patient
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

So I finally got caught up with the Matt Smith seasons, so I am current! So excited! I just wish I got BBC America so i could continue to be current during the new season, lol.

I gotta say, I was leery of Smith at first (probably because I was so attached to Tennant. Funnily enough, I was the same way towards Tennant at first because I loved Eccleston so much), but now I'm sorry I ever doubted him. He is fantastic.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Agreed completely, Rjeso! Although I was one of the few people who wasn't skeptical about him, as he came across as so wonderfully weird and bonkers in his interviews that I thought, "Yes, this guy is a natural." I was especially excited when I saw his first scene: while it was sad to see Tennant go (although I wasn't a fan of how his doctor became in his final story), Smith's Doctor reminded me instantly of Troughton, one of my favourite classic doctors. He's even better than I thought he'd be, if I'm honest. Favourite Smith ep so far?

And I wouldn't worry too much about not having BBCAmerica just yet: series 7 won't broadcast until fall, from everything I've heard.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

is the favorite Matt Smith ep an open question? If so....you should know I refuse to pick It's far easier for me to pick the ones I wasn't crazy about. Even still....The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang is rather hard to beat.

And yeah, James has it right: there will be a 2012 Easter special (we're told), followed by series 7 split up over fall 2012/Spring 2013 (plus Christmas 2012) and then series 8 will air in its entirety in fall 2013....leading to the 50th anniversary specials

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmm, it's difficult for me to pick a favourite Matt Smith ep, but for the moment, I'd say either Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone or A Good Man Goes to War are tied for favourite (for very different reasons, obviously).

Oh, and I recently ordered a shit load of cheap Who dvds (probably not the wisest thing to do with a massive tax rebate, but sod it), and I'm hoping by the end of the year to have every single Who story that has been released so far. Shockingly, a lot of these dvds include stories I've never seen before! Included among this lot, and which arrived today, was The Twin Dilemma, apparently one of the worst Doctor Who stories ever. You know what, I think I'll just watch it tonight and get it over with. I'll post some thoughts on here afterwards. (Not during, I remember my reaction to Time Flight, after all: that began with an episode that wasn't that bad, in fact it was pretty good, but then, as i continued watching, my thoughts eventually became, "Ah...oh...oh shit, that is bad...hold on, how does that even make sense in the slightest?!?" Yeah, it wasn't exactly a good 'un.)

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to reading it any ones show up yet that you have doubles of?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No, Revisitations 3 won't be released for a couple of weeks, so no spares yet, I'm afraid!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, well fair enough! I guess I'm just really looking forward to getting mail... Speaking of...send any books in the post, yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 120 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast