Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 120 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Btw, this is just the greatest gif ever:

You should've brought him back, Moffat. Even for a flashback, you should've brought him back!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen that, and I LOVE it

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

has smith really been the doctor for four years?

http://nerdapproved.com/misc-weirdne...ho-fans-video/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Production wise, yeah, he's been playing the Doctor since the middle of 2009, (I still remember when photos of Matt Smith in costume were first released to shouts of "I love it, it's old-school!" and "I hate it, it's dated!" (I was the former), before finally being seen on screen on 1st January 2010. I guess 4 years isn't too bad, even if it is only 3 seasons he's done. Still, that's standard length for a lot of Doctors. I had really hoped he'd stay around longer, but if he feels it's time to go, then good luck to him. His message to fans is brilliant, anyway.

- Melike

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quality nice!

Today, got a nice collector's item: the new Regeneration set, a collection of all the key regeneration stories (mostly just the last as opposed to first stories of each Doctor, although the 6th and 8th Doctors are kind of an exception). Yes, I do have most of these stories on dvd already, but I had to get this set for 3 reasons: one, it's a limited edition collector's item, two, it's rather pretty (as seen in a couple of pics I've taken), and three, most important of all, it contains the first ever dvd release of the first ever regeneration/Cybermen story, The Tenth Planet, with the fourth and crucial final episode animated (it won't be out as an individual story for another 5 months, the cheeky bastards). Once I finish season 20 (hopefully tonight), gonna pop it in the dvd player and watch it.

Anyway, here's some pics for you to enjoy.

Spoiler:
    The front cover.

Limited edition number.

Some artwork inside the box.

Stills from the Tenth Planet animated episode.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

how many here have seen the two Peter Cushing Doctor Who movies?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's been a while, but yeah, I've seen them. Not too bad from what I remember. Liked how colourful the daleks were in both films. MUCH better than the new ones, anyway.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just worked out that, after watching The Five Doctors the other night, I've got exactly 100 episodes of the entire classic series left to watch (including the TV movie), and I'm just a few episodes away from episode 600. Can't believe how much of the series I've watched. I mean I've watched and re-watched whole seasons of the new series before, but I'm just so glad that I'm close to have finished watching the entire original series in order, too. Fairly close, anyway. (There's not many shows I can think of actually where still being 100 episodes from the end - well, a kind of end, anyway - is being in anyway close to it, I must admit. )

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Billie Jean is not a Dalek, she's just a girl who says EX-TER-MI-NATE!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I heard about that! After hearing how Jim Carrey might've been the 8th Doctor back in the 90s, I thought I'd heard the most ridiculous suggestions for the Doctor. Amazing to think that, even to this day, more ridiculous suggestions have been made!

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've only seen three eps. of DW, but know enough that Michael Jackson as the Doctor would have been ridiculous.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Fact is that, let's be honest, Doctor Who is weird. Seriously fucking weird. That's one of the first things that leap out about a show where the lead character travels in a phone box, has strange dress sense, and his biggest enemies look like giant pepperpots with plungers and egg whisks for hands. The key thing is is that it's not just weird - it's a highly peculiar kind of weirdness that make it so distinctive compared to, well, every other show ever made. The problem is that unless you have grown up with the show - not necessarily watch it week in, week out as I have, but at least understand its importance, what makes it work and why it's peculiar kind of weirdness has such appeal in Britain - it can be very hard to try and replicate that weirdness. That's why, out of the many, many attempts of American producers trying to adapt and translate Who for either an American tv audience or as a film, so many of them have been absolutely fucking terrible, with ideas to make it as "weird" as possible just for the sake of it, which is why I'm really not that surprised that some idiot in Hollywood thought it'd be a good idea to possibly give a lead role in an American movie to Michael Jackson. The problem is that a lot of these producers don't realise that it's not enough for the show to be seriously fucking weird, but to turn that weirdness into, dare I say it, magic. That's why, I think, a lot of people who've worked on the new series aren't just people who've written and produced a lot of great British television before - they're also fans. Sometimes, that can be a bad thing, as it can lead to a narrow scope of who the show should be aimed at, but the key thing is that they at least understand why Doctor Who was so great in the past and why it lasted so long.

It's a miracle that the eventual tv movie that was made back in the 90s by Fox remained as true to the spirit of the show as it did. Oh, there were parts that were pretty Americanised, and it lacked some of the charm the original series had, but the main character was still an eccentric alien genius who avoided violence (and spoke with a British accent, for some reason), and his spaceship was still a phone box. Hell, it was good enough to get me into the show and turn me into a fan, that's how well it succeeded. Then again, it should be noted that the main guy who got it made actually grew up in Britain in his childhood and watched it as a child, so it's not that surprising that a lot of the film worked as well as it did.

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Popular fiction must contain both good and bad. If it's all good, then 9 out of 10 people (the ones who lack good taste) won't watch. If it's all bad, they won't grow any.

And people really do want to learn. They just don't know it, and they don't want to know it, and they especially don't want anybody else to know it! Probably more Americans would have tried DW in the '90s if they hadn't been worried that they might end up liking it.

Country
    Country Flag

this is the actor who will be portraying William Hartnel in An Adventure In Time And Space, you may recognize him from the Harry Potter movies

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And here he is in the role.

Spoiler:

An excellent fit for the part, really! Can't wait to see it!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

sweet

Country
    Country Flag

Rowan Atkinson as The Doctor for Comic Relief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    And here he is in the role.

Spoiler:

An excellent fit for the part, really! Can't wait to see it!
    Aww. That picture! They did a good job! I may cry when I see him talking. I love Hartnel's Doctor. I really love.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Aww. That picture! They did a good job! I may cry when I see him talking. I love Hartnel's Doctor. I really love.

Marry me.

- Melike

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I almost thought it was Hartnell...did he actually wear a scarf in an episode?

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

His first full appearance, yeah. Although I will admit, I never realised it was multi-coloured before. Thought it was just grey.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 120 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast