Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 120 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh i loved that ending. i agree bringing kids on the Tardis isn't the right thing to do. but it did make for a great ending. and if Steven Moffat does reveal his name to us i honestly wouldn't mind that. each producer and writer puts their stamp on the show. sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst well depending on which episode or serial you watch i guess. i've enjoyed this season but i think last season was better. only cause some of the episodes start of too slow. i am curious if they are doing this now as a way to show more character development and in short like the old show would do as serials. in short flesh out the serials bit by bit. and since the episodes are pretty much 45 to 50 minutes. i wonder...?

anyways recently i've watched seasons 14 and 15. now i'm on season 16 and i had to take a break from it cause i was getting burnt out by doctor who! he he

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Favorite part of this episode.

Spoiler:

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i admit i also got a kick out of that. that little kid wasn't scared of Strax? that kind of surprised me. the guy fainting was funny as hell. one wonders how many takes that poor guy had to do while making the episode?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

As for the Doctor's name theories - I've recently heard rumours that, although the Doctor's greatest secret will be revealed, it won't be his name, not to us, at least. And I do hope that's true, because the name's both one of the most important things about the show and at the same time the tiniest. It's important because not knowing the name adds an element of mystery to the show, putting the Who in the title. It's tiny because, honestly, it'd be next to impossible to make the reveal itself actually impressive. Revealing why his name is so secret...that I'd be interested in. But I do hope it has nothing to do with the Time War. Imo it just wouldn't make sense, considering how the Time War is still relatively a recent thing in the show's long history. I am super excited about what the finale will reveal, and, hopefully, what it'll set up for the anniversary.

Speaking of which, I read a few rumours recently regarding the special, and one stuck out:
    Spoiler:
    that, along with a few other things that have been set up over the past few years, Moffat will finally explain who blew up the TARDIS in the Big Bang and why. Now, I really, really hope this is true. Like I said, Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS didn't actually provide any explanation for the original explosion, and it's been one of the biggest mysteries/plot holes that I've been itching for some kind of answer to. Obviously, I'm hoping for more story stuff from across the entire span of the show, but I'm just glad Moffat seems to have potentially been setting the anniversary story up since he became showrunner. If this rumour is true, anyway.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    i admit i also got a kick out of that little kid wasn't scared of Strax? that kind of surprised me. the guy fainting was funny as hell. one wonders how many takes that poor guy had to do while making the episode?
    You did get that the joke with the kid's name....right?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

did you know matt smith's had his hair shaved off for a film he's doing

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i had no idea he was even doing a film. anways i loved tonight's episode and i think he's becoming quite a good actor actually. cause he was fantastic as both the good and evil doctor in tonights episode.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

now we know why
    Spoiler:
    Moffat didn't seek out the old doctors for the 50th anniversary special, he used them all during this episode.
    and why
    Spoiler:
    Clara was in several time streams.
    so does this mean that The Doctor
    Spoiler:
    has only one more regeneration left because the John Hurt Character is actually the First Doctor?

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I thought
    Spoiler:
    Hurt was possibly the one between the 8th and the 9th who fought in the Time War, as he was the one who not only "broke the promise" but also wore a combination of 9's leather jacket and 8's clothing. Can't wait to find out more, anyway.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER. WHAY AREN'T PEOPLE TALKING MORE ABPOUT THIS EPISODE?!?!?

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

What doctor dodge said. I think
    Spoiler:
    that John Hurt is really the ninth doctor and because of what ever happened during the time war he chose to forget that regeneration.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, that's the best theory. I just don't want to wait until November to know for sure! I just...the whole ep. It was amazing. I'm just not sure how they are going to
    Spoiler:
    keep Clara around? I understand that she is now basically existing in all corners of time, but how will she need to be around to save him? If she's already entered his timeline representation? Does anyone know how long her contract was for?

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I thought
    Spoiler:
    Hurt was possibly the one between the 8th and the 9th who fought in the Time War, as he was the one who not only "broke the promise" but also wore a combination of 9's leather jacket and 8's clothing. Can't wait to find out more, anyway.
    That is why I am waiting a review from you while there are countless over the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER. WHAY AREN'T PEOPLE TALKING MORE ABPOUT THIS EPISODE?!?!?
    Yes! Talk about it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    yeah, that's the best theory. I just don't want to wait until November to know for sure! I just...the whole ep. It was amazing. I'm just not sure how they are going to
    Spoiler:
    keep Clara around? I understand that she is now basically existing in all corners of time, but how will she need to be around to save him? If she's already entered his timeline representation? Does anyone know how long her contract was for?
    Season 7 Finale

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

So are they done with River for good with this episode? Also I would love it if the 50th anniversary episode was all about the time war.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

By request of Melike: my 2000+ word review of The Name of the Doctor. I'm not sure it's exactly what you're expecting - although I go into some detail on the classic stuff, not hugely, although I do cover my reaction on the beginning and ending moments in great detail - I do hope you get some enjoyment out of reading it anyway, Melike.

http://doctordodge.blogspot.co.uk/20...sis-major.html

- Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the finale. Good episode, not too crazy about the whole "JOHN HURT IS ... THE DOCTOR" tagline at the end though, lol.

I've read theories about him being the first Doctor, the ninth Doctor, the "Valeyard" and so on ... Putting those aside ... my original thought was that he is the next Doctor. All the ones that Clara saw are his past regenerations ... she says she doesn't recognize him (duh) so ... why not his future?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    By request of Melike: my 2000+ word review of The Name of the Doctor. I'm not sure it's exactly what you're expecting - although I go into some detail on the classic stuff, not hugely, although I do cover my reaction on the beginning and ending moments in great detail - I do hope you get some enjoyment out of reading it anyway, Melike.

http://doctordodge.blogspot.co.uk/20...sis-major.html
    I have read it. Great review; more than that helpful. Thank you so much for the details for the parts I wonder.

I don't think John Hurt's Doctor is a future incarnation. Because 11th knows him and what he did well, he recognizes him. Other theories are equally possible to me...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The show has been renewed for its 8th season According to the article John Hurt is rumored to play
    Spoiler:
    "a dark side of The Doctor, one who did not necessarily abide by the same rules or even share a willingness to share the name"
    and will have a very important role to play in the upcoming season.

Perhaps
    Spoiler:
    The Valeyard
    ?

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3 episodes left then I will come and give my impressions after,

(By the by, you have no idea how hard it was not to read any of the post in here)
    If you love me then love me..

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The show has been renewed for its 8th season According to the article John Hurt is rumored to play
    Spoiler:
    "a dark side of The Doctor, one who did not necessarily abide by the same rules or even share a willingness to share the name"
    and will have a very important role to play in the upcoming season.

Perhaps
    Spoiler:
    The Valeyard
    ?
    That is most likely.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

not exactly DW related but bearing in mind this is for a movie that he's doing

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally! Just finished the season finale, and was able to come in here. I loved the final episode. I'm quite curious as to who John Hurt is. I like Shannon thought at first that he was a future incarnation, or possibly the first (before he became the Doctor). But now you guys have me questioning. I do think that if he was an early version though, that Clara would have known who he was. It would be interesting if he is related to the time war and they cover some of that in the 50th anniversary. How come Tennant wasn't in this past ep? Or was he just so quick that I missed him?

Country
    Country Flag

tennant's gonna be in the 50th anniversary episode

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    Tennant's gonna be in the 50th anniversary episode
    That does not explain why Tennant, or some likeness of him was not in the episode.

None of the actors that played previous incarnations of The Doctor were actually in the episode......they merely used old tape, or actors dressed as The Doctor would dress.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Actually, you can barely see him, in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it clip with the Library. Same with the 8th, he very quickly walks by Clara and you don't see his face (more than likely due to rights issues with the TV movie).

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 120 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast