Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 120 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2985

Thread: Doctor Who: now without DT additives!

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    So, John Barrowman tweeted with some pretty bad news this weekend - he's not going to be in the 50th anniversary special. How does everyone feel about this? I'll admit, I do have my worries, but I'm not gonna give up hope just yet. We've still got another 8 eps of the current series (not to mention actually wait for the 50th to be even filmed) before we can worry just yet.
    Which reminds me' IF my dvr doesn't automatically record what ever specials might air I hope people on here will post in advance so that I can set my dvr. For now my dvr only records new episodes of the show and recorded the special since it was listed as part of the main show.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

FANTASY EMPIRE #1 JULY 1981

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Very cool covers, nt, although Davison doesn't look anything like he does on screen. Still, that's the cool thing of seeing stuff like that - it helps give an idea of when the stories that a number of fans now know by heart before they even watch them were brand new.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    GOD DAMNIT I DID NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. SO HEPL ME GOD, MOFFAT, IF THEY ARE THE ONLY RETURNING CAST MEMBERS I WILL DISOWN YOU FOREVER

*ahem* Interesting news...

Any thoughts on the new ep? Personally, I liked it I'll review it once more people have posted.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished watching it, and really enjoyed it. A nice introduction to the new companion, and really liked how different Clara was not just to Amy, but also to Oswin and the Governess. The revelation of the client at the end was pretty cool.

Spoiler:
    Hopefully, it means that (a) we have a new "Big Bad" with an old enemy, (b) we'll be seeing more of Richard E. Grant as a result, and (c) we will eventually be seeing some proper Yeti again! At least, a man can dream!

As for the announcement - yes, I heard about that. My reaction isn't as bad as Pond's, in fact, it's rather hopeful - yes, Ten and Rose isn't exactly one of my favourite pairings, but it does prove something: at least one of the past Doctors and companions have lied about their apparent lack of involvement in the 50th. It makes me wonder greatly just how many more announcements have yet to come, especially since we are, after all, still so very far away from November...

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding Clara, my one note I have is, atm: Did anyone else notice her music theme? I find it to be gorgeous. I like it better than Amy's...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

GREAT episode! 5/5!

And as much as I loved Rose (don't shoot me, lol), I think I could love Clara/Oswin even more. Fucking gorgeous.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone notice the book they showed twice in the episode? I thought it was interesting
    Spoiler:
    that they keep referencing Amy and Rory even though the are not on the show anymore.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved this episode. I did see the book and the author and did I imagine a nod towards chapter 11?

I think I am going yo love Clara, the relationship seemed almost paternal, more like doctors of old. Him looking after her (jammy dodgers bless) but mire specifically when he patted her head when she was unconscious. Brilliant!!

Also the bells of st John - genius!

There's so much more, was the girl in the shop rose - her lead in to the 50th or did the tardis reroute the call?

In regards to 10 and rose coming back, I am ok with it. Would have preferred 8 and a story in the time war, but as long as we get more than 10 and rose I'll be happy. Its a shame that the fan girls have started to turn me off 10 and my first thought on the news was 'here we go again, again squealing girls demanding Matt stand aside fir David. I have a lot of faith in moffatt that he won't turn it into a David centric episode though .

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, you know me candy, I'd LOVE an 8th Doctor/Time War story. But hopefully, we'll get something interesting. Agreed on the fangirls actually putting me off Ten and Rose a little, though. Speaking of which...

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Did anyone notice the book they showed twice in the episode? I thought it was interesting
    Spoiler:
    that they keep referencing Amy and Rory even though the are not on the show anymore.
    One thing I love was the "blink and you'll miss it" subtlety of the reference. It made it clear that while the Doctor
    Spoiler:
    (and us Pond fans, of course)
    miss them, the show is far more focused on ultimately moving on and telling a brand new story with the new companion. Not like Rose, when every episodes after she left seemed to have the Doctor mentioning how incredibly awesome she was to Martha.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    I loved this episode. I did see the book and the author and did I imagine a nod towards chapter 11?

I think I am going yo love Clara, the relationship seemed almost paternal, more like doctors of old. Him looking after her (jammy dodgers bless) but mire specifically when he patted her head when she was unconscious. Brilliant!!

Also the bells of st John - genius!

There's so much more, was the girl in the shop rose - her lead in to the 50th or did the tardis reroute the call?

In regards to 10 and rose coming back, I am ok with it. Would have preferred 8 and a story in the time war, but as long as we get more than 10 and rose I'll be happy. Its a shame that the fan girls have started to turn me off 10 and my first thought on the news was 'here we go again, again squealing girls demanding Matt stand aside fir David. I have a lot of faith in moffatt that he won't turn it into a David centric episode though .
    Regarding the phone call, there's a fan theory that maybe it is Sally Sparrow...? After all, she did work at a video store. It's entirely possible that it has since been converted to an electrical store because of the downfall of video rentals. She is a blond who knows the Doctor. I think it'd be cool. She needs to be in the 50th

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never painted Easter eggs before, and we had JUST finished watching the newest episode!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My other egg, lol:

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's great work, Shannon. Oh, and agreed on your earlier point of how gorgeous Clara is. Jenna-Louise Coleman has really impressed me, as well. I liked her in Asylum, but I prefer her character a lot more here. Looking forward to seeing how her story develops over the coming weeks.

Re-watching latest ep right now, actually. "Seriously...he can do that? He can seriously, actually do that?" My god, he may wear a bow tie, but the man's still got style.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oddly enough, regarding the bow tie...my favorite outfit in this ep was the monk on. His hair was fabulous

I also love seeing people describe Jenna as gorgeous, because the first thing my friend texted me while watching the episode was "Wow, Clara is basically you - looks and love of tea and everything "

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

did yall see the preview for next week. It looks like it will be awesome but am a little worried that he gave something he shouldn't have....we will see next week.

a note on the 50th anniversary, I hope they bring in The Doctor's Daughter. I would love to see a story with her in it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Doctor's Daughter would be ok, but I didn't think her story was that interesting, tbh. The Doctor's Granddaughter would be much more interesting, especially for something as big as the 50th, imo.

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bring back the doctor's wife! I loved loved loved that episode.

"I wanted to see the universe so i stole a timelord."

My Mood
    Yeehaw

She was great, wasn't she, Shannon? Then again, she's still with him, in a way. She's just unable to talk. I'd love a way for her to make an appearance, maybe as a brief hologram or something as a warning. Be a great way to kick off an epic story and show just how desperate things are about to get, imo.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's obvious what my answers will be so I'll just pose this questions to everyone else: If you had to pick 3 companions to return, who would you want?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ian, as one of the first ever and an important character who arguably, along with Barbara, really taught the Doctor to have some humanity.
    Ace, to see how much she's changed and matured since her "WHO ARE YOU CALLING SMALL?!?" days.

POSSIBLY Romana. Idk, she'd need to be written well I think. Really unsure, though.

(For the record: if Elisabeth Sladen and Nicholas Courtney weren't dead, they'd have been so in my list. Yes, Sarah Jane has appeared several times, but she's such an important character, the Brigadier equally so. Still shocked at the lack of balls RTD had for not bringing him back into the series. Even when he appeared in the Sarah Jane Adventures, it was as a last minute replacement for Freema Agyeman, who was busy at the time. Still burns me that that's what it took for the bastards to bring back one of the most important characters of the mythos - a fucking last minute replacement for a new series companion. The man deserved more respect, imo.)

What about you, Pond? Who would you want back? I know Jamie's one of them, but what other 2?

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, Jamie...

But I agree with you on Ace, and I really would want Grace from the TV movie but I know that won't happen. It'd be cool to see Romana, but I'm partial to Romana I, and that can't happen. I'd also like Charley, Hex, or Jo Grant....? I could go on. I just really want to see some Classic companions, really, regardless of who they are.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Another announcement has been made regarding the 50th anniversary:

Spoiler:
    the Zygons are back! And they look like they've stuck pretty close to the wonderful original design! http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...ersary-Special

Btw, there's a little theory I spotted by one fan that, if there are no other Doctors or companions brought back for the 50th, I actually hope is true:
    Spoiler:
    that the appearance of the 10th Doctor and Rose are actually Zygons in disguise.

Now, I don't know about you, but that sounds exactly like the kind of stunt that Moffat would pull. Like I said, if no one else is being brought back, then it's a twist I wouldn't mind one bit.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I also read a theory that
    Spoiler:
    that's how they are bringing all the other Classic Doctors back. I think that'd be cool. I mean, you'd have their appearances, but it would also account for them not knowing about the encounter...because they aren't actually there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 120 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast