Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which parts do you like reading the most?

Traveler iscream22 is on a distinguished road iscream22's Avatar

My Fav books are 1, 2, 3, and 5 (6 is ok too, i disliked 4 and 7 tho)

As far as my favorite parts

DT2
    i always enjoy when Roland first encounters Eddie when he is on the plane and the ensuing chaos with Balthazar.

DT3
    I like the stuff that happens in Lud, its really surreal and visual. The tick tock man and Blaine the Mono are wicked as well

DT5
    And the battles in DT 5 are great. Very reminicient of Akira Kurosawas Seven Samurai but done in a fresh and original way.

DT6
    ALl the stuff that happens with Stephen King, I like how reality kind of breaks the fourth wall or whatever.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    Letti, I cry pardon for using spoiler tags - I just looked at the title of this thread and there wasn't *spoilers* warning. It just shows how blonde I am (mentally, that is).
    If only everyone was this careful. But you are right. I'm gonna add a spoiler warning, a spoiler icon. Just to be on the safe side.

Roland would have understood.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmmm, saddest and nicest moment i like to read the most out of the entire series? Difficult to say. I'd say the moment i like reading the most is the ending. What happened to Roland was so horrible and so tragic, but it was just SUCH a perfect end to the series that i can't help but love it. That would be what i would think of as the saddest moment i love to read.

Nicest? Probably when Jake discovers the rose in the Waste Lands. I don't know, maybe it was just the fact that that moment was written so well, but it really was a classic and truly awesome moment when he discovered it.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The bit that made my cry
    Spoiler:
    was when Jake called Roland Father and he said ''will you call me so?'' something like that -in fact I am welling up now!!

Sorry I was just testing how the spoiler thing worked I would hate to say somehting and not added the spolier thing properly!

The bit where Roland says how he wa good at fitting in wherever he finds himself (he is in New York) and says how if he was there long enough he would be sitcking his middle finger up at taxis but its they way he says taxi. I have just been looking for it but cant find it!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He said, "Here's an even sadder song my mother taught me" and then launched into a cheerful Irish Ditty called "Buy Me Another Round You Booger You." It was at least as dirty as the one the band had played earlier, but this time Eddie could understand most of the words. He and the rest of the town gleefully joined in on the last line of every verse: Before ye'z put me in the ground, buy me another round, you booger you!
    Happy Patty's Day!

Along the Path of the Beam LovesSweetExile is on a distinguished road

DT7

The best part? BLAINE !!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LovesSweetExile View Post
    DT7
    Because of the way
    Spoiler:
    he got killed
    or just because?

Roland would have understood.

Traveler monkeyme5 is on a distinguished road monkeyme5's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best parts!!!

For me - its everytime Roland draws his sandalwood grip guns! and his talented hands work to make every shot count - you can almost hear the hammering sound in your imagination when he deals out round after round of death - you can almost smell the hot iron as he reloads faster and faster and the reading seems to take on a matrix style blur in which I have never ever experienced in any other book!!!... This is especially the case in Tull as the tension mounts while walking his mule through main street just before the angry mob (headed by sylvia pittston) descend upon our Gunslinger... The excitement at that very moment when the whole population of tull appear and he kills every last one man woman and childe!!!

Saddest part - would have to be eddie and his internal battle with his past and going cold turkey - man I love that guy and have nothing but admiration for his character! HI ALL LOL

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyme5 View Post
    For me - its everytime Roland draws his sandalwood grip guns! and his talented hands work to make every shot count - you can almost hear the hammering sound in your imagination when he deals out round after round of death - you can almost smell the hot iron as he reloads faster and faster and the reading seems to take on a matrix style blur in which I have never ever experienced in any other book!!!... This is especially the case in Tull as the tension mounts while walking his mule through main street just before the angry mob (headed by sylvia pittston) descend upon our Gunslinger... The excitement at that very moment when the whole population of tull appear and he kills every last one man woman and childe!!!

Saddest part - would have to be eddie and his internal battle with his past and going cold turkey - man I love that guy and have nothing but admiration for his character! HI ALL LOL
    Oh, I definitely agree with ya about Roland drawing his guns, and I especially agree with ya about the DT series being unique in its style of the awesomely styled action it places in your mind! Every time I read about Roland shooting at an impossible speed, I just feel like going, "Whoa." No other book's ever really had that effect on me, tbh.

Oh, and welcome to the site, monkeyme5! Glad to have another Brit on this board!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Traveler Mustangmike1969 is on a distinguished road

Default Strange I haven't seen this mentioned yet....

Well, aside from the agreeing with many-others regarding Saddest-Part = Oys' Death in defense of the Sleeping Gunslinger....Funniest part for me is Hands-Down:
    End of 3, beginning of 4
    Blaine Demands his Riddles, and Rowland pretty-much tells him what he can do with THAT idea.....his whole comeback had me Rolling! I never knew Rowland was a "Closet-NewYorker!
    Boy, I'm glad I found this fansite....this is awsome.....

Gunslinger Apprentice arrawyn is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post
    The bit where Roland says how he wa good at fitting in wherever he finds himself (he is in New York) and says how if he was there long enough he would be sitcking his middle finger up at taxis but its they way he says taxi. I have just been looking for it but cant find it!
    I love the way Roland says taxi! Tack-see. so cute!

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Most touching parts I enjoy reading--Roland and Jake's rescue of Sai King and the event that followed. Likewise, when Roland returns to Susannah and she chews him out...specifically when she says seomthing like "are you happy" and Roland replies, "No." By this time, I could practically feel the exhaustion Roland must have felt on his long journey to that moment.

Gunslinger Apprentice arrawyn is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

my fave parts: i love how Roland mis-says things/words he hears in our world: i.e. tuna fish sandwich becomes tooter fish! and aspirin becomes astin (no matter how hard he says he tries to say aspirin). and of course tack-see. its just so ...endearing .

and my other fave parts are meeting all the characters and rescuing jake and bringing him back into mid-world.

and the heartwarming parts like Oy's bow, and eddie jumping rope faster and faster in calla bryn sturgis -and rolands rice dance!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3