Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite quotes? :spoilers:

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    Lots and lots but I was reading The Dark Tower and I couldn't help cracking up at this one. Ok I won't quote all of it, but when Eddie gives Roland the money to get some aspirin and sandwiches. And he tries to get him to pronounce everything. 'Hoagie' become 'Hoggie' and then 'Hoogie'. He finally gets him to just say 'poor boy'. and 'lots of mayo', but then its a 'salommy sanditch'. I was rolling!
    i know, i thought this was great as well. and roland's view of mayo is priceless.

Along the Path of the Beam UnderTheKillingMoon is on a distinguished road UnderTheKillingMoon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"if you're in the trees, you got to swing"

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

"Ka-Ka".

I love it because it goes from being a smart ass Eddie comment to being kind of a part of Roland's vernacular too. So silly, yet so profound. It's a shame "Fate is shit" doesn't work as nicely.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Along the Path of the Beam UnderTheKillingMoon is on a distinguished road UnderTheKillingMoon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ooooh another one, from Wizard and Glass....

"time is a just a face on the pond"

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheKillingMoon View Post
    ooooh another one, from Wizard and Glass....

"time is a just a face on the pond"
    On the pond? I don't remember it this way but my memory sucks. Isn't it "Time is just a face on the water."? *is unsure*

Roland would have understood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it is water, so your memory doesn't suck - unless mine does, too

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, it is definitely water, not pond.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice JQ The Gunslinger is on a distinguished road JQ The Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol pond just sounds funny

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"You have come from the shadow of herion and the shadow of your brother, my friend. Come from the shadow of yourself, if you dare. Come now. Come out or shoot me and have done with it"

The Waste Lands, page 240.
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Along the Path of the Beam Babymordred121 is on a distinguished road Babymordred121's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best summary ever of Roland and his quest:

"Can nothing prevent the fall of the Tower?"
    "Not even your gunslinger friend hopes to prevent it," Mia said, "only to slow it down by freeing the Breakers and-perhaps-slaying the Crimson King. Save it! Save it, O delight! Did he ever tell you that was his quest?"
    "No," Mia went on, "for he won't lie to his ka-tet unless he has to, 'tis his pride. What he wants of the Tower is only to see it." Then she added, rather grudgingly: "Oh, perhapse to enter it, and climb to the room at the top, his ambition may strike so far. He may dream of standing on its allure as we hunker on this one, and chant the names of his fallen comrades, and of his line all the way back to Arthur Eld. But save it? No, good lady! Only a return of the magic could possibly save it, and-as you yourself well know-your dinh deals only in lead."

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Gods leave siguls. Men leave machines." - Roland

Traveler vidroha is on a distinguished road

My first post on these forums. Greetings and saultations... I guess it is fitting for my first post to be one of my favorite quotes:

Wizard and Glass, Rhea:

"Men! She could not understand why so many women feared them. Hadn't the Gods made them with the most vulnerable part of their guts hanging right out of their bodies like a misplaced bit of bowel? Kick them there and they curled up like snails, caress them there and their brains melted!"

Country
    Country Flag

vidroha! Long days and pleasant nights!

Yeah, Rhea must be one of the dirtest creatures I have ever met but she knew how to express her opinion. She should have become a politician.

Gunslinger Apprentice JQ The Gunslinger is on a distinguished road JQ The Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone remember the quote Eddie says at the end of book 2. something about how his brother had a tower too, only it was white or something.

"You sound like Henry, man.” Eddie had begun to cry himself. He didn’t want to. He hated to cry. “He had a tower, too, only it wasn’t dark. Remember me telling you about Henry’s tower? We were brothers, and I guess we were gunslingers. We had this White Tower, and he asked me to go after it with him the only way he could ask, so I saddled up, because he was my brother, you dig it? We got there, too. Found the White Tower. But it was poison. It killed him. It would have killed me. You saw me. You saved more than my life. You saved my fuckin soul.”

Country
    Country Flag

Yea thats a great quote. Thx alot

you're quite welcome.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks turtle. I loved Eddie from the beginning so so much.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babymordred121 View Post
    Best summary ever of Roland and his quest:

"Can nothing prevent the fall of the Tower?"
    "Not even your gunslinger friend hopes to prevent it," Mia said, "only to slow it down by freeing the Breakers and-perhaps-slaying the Crimson King. Save it! Save it, O delight! Did he ever tell you that was his quest?"
    "No," Mia went on, "for he won't lie to his ka-tet unless he has to, 'tis his pride. What he wants of the Tower is only to see it." Then she added, rather grudgingly: "Oh, perhapse to enter it, and climb to the room at the top, his ambition may strike so far. He may dream of standing on its allure as we hunker on this one, and chant the names of his fallen comrades, and of his line all the way back to Arthur Eld. But save it? No, good lady! Only a return of the magic could possibly save it, and-as you yourself well know-your dinh deals only in lead."
    Agreed!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    "You sound like Henry, man.” Eddie had begun to cry himself. He didn’t want to. He hated to cry. “He had a tower, too, only it wasn’t dark. Remember me telling you about Henry’s tower? We were brothers, and I guess we were gunslingers. We had this White Tower, and he asked me to go after it with him the only way he could ask, so I saddled up, because he was my brother, you dig it? We got there, too. Found the White Tower. But it was poison. It killed him. It would have killed me. You saw me. You saved more than my life. You saved my fuckin soul.”
    Roland really should have listened to that description better, it's quite apt for all "tower's".
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Destiny of John Cullum

From "On Turtleback Lane," DT7:
    …From time to time Roland’s sigul sent him dreams of a field filled with roses, and a sooty-black tower. Sometimes he was visited by terrible visions of two crimson eyes, floating unattached to any body and relentlessly scanning the horizon. Sometimes there were dreams in which he heard the sound of a man relentlessly winding his horn. From these latter dreams he would awake with tears on his cheeks, those of longing and loss and love. He would awake with his hand closed around the cross, thinking I denied Discordia and regret nothing; I have spit into the bodiless eyes of the Crimson King and rejoice; I threw my lot in with the gunslinger’s ka-tet and the White and never once questioned the choice.

Beauty Effulgent KaLikeAWheel is on a distinguished road KaLikeAWheel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, man...everytime I read this part I just about DIE!

Spoiler:
    "Oy?" he asked. "Will you say goodbye?"
    Oy looked at Roland, and for a moment the gunslinger wasn't sure he understood. Then the bumbler extended his neck and caressed the boy's cheek a last time with his tongue. "I, Ake," he said: Bye, Jake or I ache, it came to the same.

And while I was looking up this quote on Google, I came to this: http://belinda-rikku.deviantart.com/...ament-53926480 Caution, spoilers!

And of course, I love "Ka, like a wheel."
    Donna

"What can I tell you, baby? I've always been bad."--Spike

Gunslinger Apprentice leaveittobeezer is on a distinguished road leaveittobeezer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eddie's greatest moment in the sun in my opinion,

"It crossed the road because it was stapled to the chicken, you dopey fuck"

John F. Kennedy Truth is on a distinguished road Truth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KaLikeAWheel View Post
    [SPOILER][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]"Oy?" he asked. "Will you say goodbye?"
    Oy looked at Roland, and for a moment the gunslinger wasn't sure he understood. Then the bumbler extended his neck and caressed the boy's cheek a last time with his tongue. "I, Ake," he said: Bye, Jake or I ache, it came to the same.
    ya that quote had me chokin up when i read it
    -The Cake is A LIE-
    -And Thats The Truth-

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I'm going to mark this with spoilers - just in case.

Spoiler:

Roland calling out the Roll at the Tower.....

I come in the name of Steven Deschain, he of Gilead!
    I come in the name of Gabrielle Deschain, she of Gilead!
    I come in the name of Cortland Andrus, he of Gilead!
    I come in the name of Cuthbert Allgood, he of Gilead!
    I come in the name of Alain Johns, he of Gilead!
    I come in the name of Jamie DeCurry, he of Gilead!
    I come in the name of Vannay the Wise, he of Gilead!
    I come in the name of Hax the Cook, he of Gilead!
    I come in the name of David the hawk, he of Gilead and the sky!
    I come in the name of Susan Delgado, she of Mejis!
    I come in the name of Sheemie Ruiz, he of Mejis!
    I come in the name of Pere Callahan, he of Jerusalem’s Lot, and the roads!
    I come in the name of Ted Brautigan, he of America!
    I come in the name of Dinky Earnshaw, he of America!
    I come in the name of Aunt Talitha, she of River Crossing, and will lay her cross here, as I was bid!
    I come in the name of Stephen King, he of Maine!
    I come in the name of Oy, the brave, he of Mid-World!
    I come in the name of Eddie Dean, he of New York!
    I come in the name of Susannah Dean, he of New York!
    I come in the name of Jake Chambers, he of New York, whom I call my own true son!
    I am Roland of Gilead, and I come as myself; you will open to me.

It reads like poetry to me now. I usually make it as far as ...
    Spoiler:
    "David" before I start crying like a Ka-Baby.
    Last edited by turtlex; 08-23-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Remedial Problems With Spoiler Tags
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast