Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite quotes? :spoilers:

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by VolsToTheWall View Post
    There's a lot of favorite quotes for me, but one in particular, that always makes me laugh on my re-reads is:

Roland: "Who is this man Zen Buddhist? Is he wise like me?"
    Yeah. Here is the proof that Roland does have a good sense of humour.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"I told her about that laugh!" - The Tick Tock Man.
    That one made me laugh out loud - hilarious!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's another great Tick Tock quote, although its not really a funny one.

"Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good."
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

Traveler Fly is on a distinguished road

"Do any of us, except in our dreams, truly expect to be reunited with our hearts’ deepest loves, even when they leave us only for minutes, and on the most mundane of errands? No, not at all. Each time they go from our sight we in our secret hearts count them as dead. Having been given so much, we reason, how could we expect not to be brought as low as Lucifer for the staggering presumption of our love?"

Country
    Country Flag

That's a good one, who was it?
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Traveler Fly is on a distinguished road

I think you would have to say "the narrator". It isn't spoken by any of the characters.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One more I like:
    "Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve."

Another one that always cracks me up on my re-reads, is Eddie's Nozz-A-La commercial.
    "When I'm travelling through the Land of Oz in my new Takuro Spirit, I drink Nozz-A-La! It fills me up but never fills me out! It makes me happy to be a man! It makes me know God! It gives me the outlook of an angel and the balls of a tiger! When I drink Nozz-A-La, I say 'Gosh! Ain't I glad to be alive!'"

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One more I like:
    "When I'm travelling through the Land of Oz in my new Takuro Spirit, I drink Nozz-A-La! It fills me up but never fills me out! It makes me happy to be a man! It makes me know God! It gives me the outlook of an angel and the balls of a tiger! When I drink Nozz-A-La, I say 'Gosh! Ain't I glad to be alive!'"
    Yeah, this one rooocks. Eddie is an artist.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't neglect this one either.

"And now, all these years later, it seemed to him that the most horrible fact of human existence was that broken hearts mended."

Country
    Country Flag

And this one:

"Roland sings, Roland dances, and to top it all off," he said, "Roland stage-dives like Joey Ramone."

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Allbad is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Allbad's Avatar

From Dark Tower VII:

1) Callahan: "may you find your tower, roland, and breach it, and may you climb to the top."

2) Not a quote but a thought from Jake regarding things Roland told hiim......"you needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisified, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served."

This was followed by the line "Jake Chambers surveryed the Dixie Pig with a satisfied mind."

3) Not a quote but a line about Oy....."the body was far smaller then the heart it held."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    There's a lot of favorite quotes for me, but one in particular, that always makes me laugh on my re-reads is:

Roland: "Who is this man Zen Buddhist? Is he wise like me?"
    Yeah. Here is the proof that Roland does have a good sense of humour.
    I always thought he was being serious then.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it is a moot point. I, like Letti, always thought he was joking. By the way, I wish someone would make a thread dedicated to Roland's allegedly absent sense of humor. Some unexpected discoveries could be made.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

He said it as a joke, but for the main reason of catching Eddie off guard. Even his joking had ulterior motives.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't remember the exact wording, but I like that line in DT VII when

Spoiler:
    Roland realizes his loop-fate, and he hears Cort's voice saying : "You are the one that never changes....you'll wear out a thousand boots on your march to hell."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    He said it as a joke, but for the main reason of catching Eddie off guard. Even his joking had ulterior motives.
    point well taken

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm... maybe someone could post the whole scene? That way I could re-read it in proper context. I only remember the scene a little bit, so I can't be too sure.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by B Rag View Post
    Hmm... maybe someone could post the whole scene? That way I could re-read it in proper context. I only remember the scene a little bit, so I can't be too sure.
    The Waste Lands (on their way to River Crossing: )

"Do you think they're dangerous?" Susannah asked. They were approaching a large, ramshackle building that might once have been a storage shed or an abandoned country market, and she eyed it uneasily, her hand dropping to the butt of the gun she wore on her chest.
    "Will a strange dog bite?" the gunslinger countered.
    "What's that mean?" Eddie asked. "I hate it when you start up with your Zen
    Buddhist shit, Roland."
    "It means I don't know," Roland said. "Who is this man Zen Bud*dhist? Is he wise like me?"
    Eddie looked at Roland for a long, long time before deciding the gunslinger was making one of his rare jokes. "Ah, get outta here," he said. He saw one corner of Roland's mouth twitch before he turned away.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, I suppose you're right.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Not a quote but I love "tooter fish". It has crept in to not only my vocabulary but my husband's as well.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Allbad is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Allbad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Not a quote but I love "tooter fish". It has crept in to not only my vocabulary but my husband's as well.

LOL!!! My children no longer are allowed to ask for sandwiches. Popkins ONLY!!! Funny how that DK speech creeps into our lives. I've been running around for months calling everyone "Sai" and saying "I cry your pardon" among others.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    it is a moot point. I, like Letti, always thought he was joking. By the way, I wish someone would make a thread dedicated to Roland's allegedly absent sense of humor. Some unexpected discoveries could be made.
    What a good idea, Jean.

Country
    Country Flag

it is not really my favorite quote, but when I saw this picture, I couldn't help posting it:

time is a face on the water

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    it is not really my favorite quote, but when I saw this picture, I couldn't help posting it:

time is a face on the water

The more I meet this sentence the more I love it.

That pic rocks.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"I'll take that word from an old man who's lost most of his sense," she said, "but I won't take it from you."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast