Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite quotes? :spoilers:

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

are these genuine quotes? I am afraid I blocked them out

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby View Post
    It was you, shimmering and almost too beautiful to look at. my eyes were held by you, your tanned skin, the traingles of color, too pale and perfect to be makeup, which ran lightly up your cheeck; most of all your hair which was unbound and felll to your waist like a a shimmer of palest silk. i wanted you, suddenly and completely, with a desperate deph of feeling that felt like sickness. eveyrthing i was and everything i am was secondary to you it seemed

---

Roland to Susan
    Where is this from? I am sure it is not in the novels but I have not read the comics so maybe from there?

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

"A coward judges all he sees by what he is"-Roland from WOTC

Traveler John07425 is on a distinguished road

"Whatever comes, we'll do as we must. And I'll always love you, no matter what comes." She smiled. He said it as a man would state any dry fact: sky is up, earth is down, water flows south.
    -Roland

Gunslinger Apprentice Delah is on a distinguished road Delah's Avatar

"You're going to kill me. He killed me the first time and you're going to kill me this time. And I think you know it."
    -- Jake

This devastates me every time I read The Gunslinger and Jake says it to Roland. It says so much about their characters at that point in the series.

Traveler Honkymofo will become famous soon enough Honkymofo's Avatar

Gasher: "YOU!"
    Roland: "Me."

I also have always loved "There will be water if God wills it." and "Time is a face on the water."

Traveler Samel will become famous soon enough Samel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"In the movies, people actually kill other people with hand-held rapid-fire weapons. In real life, this rarely happens. If it does, it happens with the first four or five slugs fired (as the unfortunate Dario could have testified, if he had ever been capable of testifying to anything again). After the first four or five, two things happen to a man -even a powerful one- trying to control such a weapon. The muzzle begins to rise, and the shooter himself begins to turn either right or left, depending on which unfortunate shoulder he has decided to bludgeon with the weapon’s recoil. In short, only a moron or a movie star would attempt the use of such a gun; it was like trying to shoot someone with a pneumatic drill."

Traveler Mister_Oy will become famous soon enough Mister_Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"The body was far smaller than the heart it had held."

"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire."

Traveler Desdenova will become famous soon enough Desdenova's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

“Control the things you can control, maggot. Let everything else take a flying fuck at you and if you must go down, go down with your guns blazing.” Cort, Drawing of the Three

Traveler Inglorion will become famous soon enough Inglorion's Avatar

"Now let me tell you something. I don't know what's underneath Lud and what isn't, but I do know those drums you're so whacked out about are part of a recording - a song -that was made in the world my wife and I came from." He looked at their uncomprehending faces and raised his arms in frustration. "Jesus Pumpkin-Pie Christ, don't you get it?" You're killing each other over a piece of music that was never even released as a single!"

- Eddie Dean in reference to the ZZ Top song "Velcro Fly", The Waste Lands

Commala-come-come,
    The battle's now begun!
    And all the foes of men and rose
    Rise with the setting sun.

- Song of Susannah, final lines

I only kill my family, Roland thought, stroking the dead billy-bumbler.

Traveler Inglorion will become famous soon enough Inglorion's Avatar

"Now let me tell you something. I don't know what's underneath Lud and what isn't, but I do know those drums you're so whacked out about are part of a recording - a song -that was made in the world my wife and I came from." He looked at their uncomprehending faces and raised his arms in frustration. "Jesus Pumpkin-Pie Christ, don't you get it?" You're killing each other over a piece of music that was never even released as a single!"

- Eddie Dean in reference to the ZZ Top song "Velcro Fly", The Waste Lands

Commala-come-come,
    The battle's now begun!
    And all the foes of men and rose
    Rise with the setting sun.

- Song of Susannah, final lines

I only kill my family, Roland thought, stroking the dead billy-bumbler.

- The Dark Tower VII

Gunslinger Apprentice Deaf&Dumb will become famous soon enough Deaf&Dumb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been away from this forum for a while. Going through a few pages reading these quotes, I teared up a few times. It may have been posted already, but the one quote that sticks out the most to me will always be this from Roland.
    "We are going to fight. We are going to be hurt. And in the end we will stand."
    I believe it was in DotT

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blavigne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby View Post
    It was you, shimmering and almost too beautiful to look at. my eyes were held by you, your tanned skin, the traingles of color, too pale and perfect to be makeup, which ran lightly up your cheeck; most of all your hair which was unbound and felll to your waist like a a shimmer of palest silk. i wanted you, suddenly and completely, with a desperate deph of feeling that felt like sickness. eveyrthing i was and everything i am was secondary to you it seemed

---

Roland to Susan
    Where is this from? I am sure it is not in the novels but I have not read the comics so maybe from there?
    It is paraphrased from Wizard and Glass.

"It was Susan Delgado, of course, shimmering and almost too beautiful to look at in a blue silk dress with a high waist and a square-cut bodice which showed the tops of her breasts. Around her neck was a sapphire pendant that made Olive Thorin's earrings look like paste. She stood next to a man wearing a sash the color of coals in a hot woodfire. That deep orange-red was the Barony's color, and Roland supposed that the man was their host, but for the moment Roland barely saw him. His eye was held by Susan Delgado: the blue dress, the tanned skin, the triangles of color, too pale and perfect to be makeup, which ran lightly up her cheeks; most of all her hair, which was unbound tonight and fell to her waist like a shimmer of palest silk. He wanted her, suddenly and completely, with a desperate depth of feeling that felt like sickness. Everything he was and everything he had come for, it seemed, was secondary to her."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Deaf&Dumb will become famous soon enough Deaf&Dumb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another favorite of mine that I have been trying to place but couldn't for the longest time......"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." Roland recalling Cort in TDotT.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"'Your mule has passed on.' Brown said. 'Dinners ready.'
    How?'. Brown shrugged. 'Roasted and boiled how else?. You picky?'
    'No, the mule.'"

Roland and the dweller in the desert.

Traveler patzgcrux is on a distinguished road

“Why did the dead baby cross the road? ... Because it was stapled to the chicken!”

- Eddie Dean

Traveler Oy Toy is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Tired

Not so much a quote but a thought from Eddie in Wolves of the Calla, which to me really summed up his transformation. It was when the Ka-Tet were speaking to the crowd in Calla Bryn Sturgis about whether they would help fight the wolves:

'It occurred to him, just in passing, that not so long ago the armed gunslinger standing in front of these seven hundred frightened, hopeful people had been sitting in front of the TV in nothing but a pair of yellowing underpants, eating Cheetos, done up on heroin, and watching Yogi Bear.'

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Oy Toy View Post
    Not so much a quote but a thought from Eddie in Wolves of the Calla, which to me really summed up his transformation. It was when the Ka-Tet were speaking to the crowd in Calla Bryn Sturgis about whether they would help fight the wolves:

'It occurred to him, just in passing, that not so long ago the armed gunslinger standing in front of these seven hundred frightened, hopeful people had been sitting in front of the TV in nothing but a pair of yellowing underpants, eating Cheetos, done up on heroin, and watching Yogi Bear.'

Oh... just oe more reason to love this thread!! Thank you Oy Toy!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

During the shootout at Balazar's, after Roland has struggled with his guns/wet ammo.....

"It was no misfire."

I love how this single line makes up a chapter.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your lies don't anger me, but the fear which brings them forth does. Shut thy mouth." Roland TDT VII

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Nice. Can you remind me who he was speaking to in that line?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Nice. Can you remind me who he was speaking to in that line?
    Bryan Smith, the driver of the van that hit Stephen King.

Spoiler:
    At last Roland was satisfied. Mrs. Tassenbaum was kneeling by Jake. The gunslinger ignored both her and the boy and went to the man sitting slumped behind the wheel of the motor-carriage that had done all the damage. This man’s eyes were wide and blank, his mouth slack. A line of drool hung from his beard-stubbly chin.

“Do you hear me, sai?”

The man nodded fearfully. Behind him, both dogs had grown silent. Four bright eyes regarded the gunslinger from between the seats.

“What’s your name?”

“Bryan, do it please you—Bryan Smith.”

No, it didn’t please him at all. Here was yet one more he’d like to strangle. Another car passed on the road, and this time the person behind the wheel honked the horn as he or she passed. Whatever their protection might be, it had begun to grow thin.

“Sai Smith, you hit a man with your car or truckomobile or whatever it is thee calls it.”

Bryan Smith began to tremble all over. “I ain’t never had so much as a parking ticket,” he whined, “and I have to go and run into the most famous man in the state! My dogs ’us fightin—”

“Your lies don’t anger me,” Roland said, “but the fear which brings them forth does. Shut thy mouth.”

Bryan Smith did as told. The color was draining slowly but steadily from his face.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Cool. Thanks for reminding me.

Also, you gotta love how commanding Roland could be at times. Who wouldn't shut thy mouth if he commanded it?

Country
    Country Flag

My missus... she won't shut it even when it's full.... or she's eating...

Gunslinger Apprentice Glam Princess is on a distinguished road Glam Princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Cool. Thanks for reminding me.

Also, you gotta love how commanding Roland could be at times. Who wouldn't shut thy mouth if he commanded it?
    One of the many reasons to love Roland! ❤️

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast