Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite quotes? :spoilers:

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    All of them? Wow, that is strangely impressive. Must be tiring though.
    I know, right?

Brice:
    Spoiler:
    I'm not mocking you. I have a friend who says this all the time.
    "May your luck rise, Roland" -Cuthbert Allgood

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know, right?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I know, right?
    Yes, and now I'm on my way to equaling the number of times I've typed it here to the number of times I've texted it. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and whatnot.
    Spoiler:
    I know, right?

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

"Come, come, come. You progress, gunslinger! Oh, how I envy you. We make great magic together, you and I. You kill me no more than you kill yourself. Mother-may-I? Yes-you-may." --Walter O'Dim

Traveler Nozz-a-la19 is on a distinguished road Nozz-a-la19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    There are so many . . . Most I can't even remember unless I've read them again. But the one I like a lot when used in context is . . .

"Roland would have understood."
    you know, this one means a lot to me.. I even think of those words when something bad happens to me, or when I'm in a bad mood, I think that Roland would have understood..

Traveler ///Ficarra is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

"You said you made me do that"
    Looking Roland straight in the eyes - blue meeting blue amid the endless choir of voices - King said "I lied, brother."

I searched the thread and didn't come up with anything.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

even if you had, it would bear repeating

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ///Ficarra View Post
    "You said you made me do that"
    Looking Roland straight in the eyes - blue meeting blue amid the endless choir of voices - King said "I lied, brother."
    A very important moment and quote. Thanks for bringing it up.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler Sefear is on a distinguished road Sefear's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are two I really like and I think they're both in Wolves of the Calla.
    The first is somewhere along the lines of "All the training in the world means nothing if you can't deliver when it matters" or something like that.
    And if anyone can find this quote I'd really appreciate it. It goes along the lines of "legends that last 1000 years are born in 15 minutes of battle" again I'm not 100% sure but I love both of those quotes

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

couldn't find it, but stumbled upon this one I love: "Roland nodded. "And the shooting will happen so fast and be over so quick that you'll wonder what all the planning and palaver was for, when in the end it always comes down to the same five minutes' worth of blood, pain, and stupidity."

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sefear View Post
    ...And if anyone can find this quote I'd really appreciate it. It goes along the lines of "legends that last 1000 years are born in 15 minutes of battle" again I'm not 100% sure but I love both of those quotes
    I remember this quote, too!
    It's actually from Book 7, the very beginning of it, when Jake and Pere Callahan are just about to enter the Dixie Pig. The exact quote is: Battles that last five minutes spawn legends that live a thousand years.

This quote is followed by an equally memorable one: You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served.

I've just checked - in the Grant edition both of these quotes are on page 5.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Traveler Sefear is on a distinguished road Sefear's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah I remember now, thanks for looking that up!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No problem, Sefear

The other day I had a situation where a good quote really came in handy.
    I've been dreading a certain appointment (which, incidentally, is later today) for quite a few days by now. And I could not stop thinking about what could go wrong, yadda-yadda.
    Then yesterday I was looking for a piece of paper with someone's phone number in a purse that I have not used since last fall - and, lo and behold, first piece of paper that I fished out of the purse pocket had this quote on it: Let evil wait for the day on which it must fall. (In my handwriting, so no real magic here. ) I had a good laugh out of how timely it was.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, we all should once collect the quotes from this thread and make a kind of I Ching... or at least some fortune cookies

Country
    Country Flag

I like the idea of fortune cookies! And then just have them somewhere handy.
    Although I must say that in my case it was the suddenness of discovering that slip of paper that was the beauty of it all.

Country
    Country Flag

definitely so

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

*fasinates*

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Along the Path of the Beam costanza will become famous soon enough

Kill if you will but command me nothing!

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Kill if you will but command me nothing!
    That is one of my favorites too. LOVE IT

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Traveler h1x71 is on a distinguished road

First comes smiles, second comes lies and last come's gunfire. Steven Deschain.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" -- Crimson King

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

"the man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" (def the most used one probably but it is my favourite)

Ps. Sefear, that is perhaps the coolest avatar I have ever seen. I really like that pic
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We lie to ourselves so often, we could do it for a living. (Wireman, Duma Key)
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Traveler Hobby is on a distinguished road

It was you, shimmering and almost too beautiful to look at. my eyes were held by you, your tanned skin, the traingles of color, too pale and perfect to be makeup, which ran lightly up your cheeck; most of all your hair which was unbound and felll to your waist like a a shimmer of palest silk. i wanted you, suddenly and completely, with a desperate deph of feeling that felt like sickness. eveyrthing i was and everything i am was secondary to you it seemed

---

Roland to Susan

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby View Post
    It was you, shimmering and almost too beautiful to look at. my eyes were held by you, your tanned skin, the traingles of color, too pale and perfect to be makeup, which ran lightly up your cheeck; most of all your hair which was unbound and felll to your waist like a a shimmer of palest silk. i wanted you, suddenly and completely, with a desperate deph of feeling that felt like sickness. eveyrthing i was and everything i am was secondary to you it seemed

---

Roland to Susan
    this.. especially the part "I wanted you, suddenly and completely, with a desperate depth of feeling that felt like sickness."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast