Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite quotes? :spoilers:

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but why should sparing your feelings be lies, while laughing in your face the truth?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Jakenheimer is on a distinguished road

"By the Gods."

"Stand and be true."

weird, to me, that nobody has said the latter.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, they have...just maybe not in this thread. It is an old favorite for a lot of people.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice is right. For example for me it is... some kind of life philosophy. That's how I try to live.. it sums it up pretty well.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This is one of my favorite interactions between Roland and Eddie. It's from The Drawing of the Three. It's long, but I think it perfectly sums up my feelings about Roland at the time. Obviously, my feelings changed by the end of the last book. Roland

"Then I'll elucidate. There are people who need people to need them. The reason you don't understand is because you're not one of those people. You'd use me and then toss me away like a paper bag if that's what it came down to. God fucked you, my friend. You're just smart enough so it would hurt you to do that, and just hard enough so you'd go ahead and do it anyway. You wouldn't be able to help yourself. If I was lying on the beach there and screaming for help, you'd walk over me if I was between you and your goddamn Tower. Isn't that pretty close to the truth?"
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    This is one of my favorite interactions between Roland and Eddie. It's from The Drawing of the Three. It's long, but I think it perfectly sums up my feelings about Roland at the time. Obviously, my feelings changed by the end of the last book. Roland

"Then I'll elucidate. There are people who need people to need them. The reason you don't understand is because you're not one of those people. You'd use me and then toss me away like a paper bag if that's what it came down to. God fucked you, my friend. You're just smart enough so it would hurt you to do that, and just hard enough so you'd go ahead and do it anyway. You wouldn't be able to help yourself. If I was lying on the beach there and screaming for help, you'd walk over me if I was between you and your goddamn Tower. Isn't that pretty close to the truth?"
    That's why I could love and respect Eddie from the very beginning. He knew Roland. He saw through him. Still he could love and respect him.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    That's why I could love and respect Eddie from the very beginning. He knew Roland. He saw through him. Still he could love and respect him.
    I agree completely. I loved Eddie the minute he spoke this quote, and, looking back, it carries a different meaning than the first time I read it. Just as you said, Letti, this quote shows just how deep Eddie's character could go. Even though he understood this simple fact about Roland, he was able to look passed it and learn to love the man that came to be his family (Eddie even refers to Roland as his father, right?).

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

dont know if this is said but it is my favorite quote. i think it just sums up Eddies wit and frustration its from drawing of the three

Well, what was behind Door Number One wasn't so hot, and what was behind Door Number Two was even worse, so now, instead of quitting like sane people, we're going to go right ahead and check out Door Number Three. The way things have been going, I think it's likely to be something like Godzilla or Ghidra the Three-Headed Monster, but I'm an optimist. I'm still hoping for the stainless steel cookware.
    If you love me then love me..

Country
    Country Flag

I also found this quote from Jake Chambers [Deschain]. It's from his essay My Understanding of Truth.

The gunslinger let me drop, and that is the truth; I still love him, and that is the truth.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I also found this quote from Jake Chambers [Deschain]. It's from his essay My Understanding of Truth.

The gunslinger let me drop, and that is the truth; I still love him, and that is the truth.
    This is one of my favorites, too.

Along the Path of the Beam fivethirtytwo is on a distinguished road fivethirtytwo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Behold ye, the return of the White! After evil ways and evil days, the White comes again! Be of good heart and hold up your heads, for ye have lived to see the wheel of ka begin to turn once more!"

That line should be in the movie trailer.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

"Fuck Commala!!" -Zalia Jaffords

Country
    Country Flag

this quote is a piece of jewel

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

See the TURTLE, ain't he keen? All things serve the fucking Beam!

I seriously laugh every single time at that one

Roland- "The scariest, most terrifying thing that I fear?"
    Eddie- "Yes."
    Roland- "My Imagination."
    Eddie- "I thought you were going to say "Fear, itself."
    Roland "Then you have a small imagination."
    If you love me then love me..

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love this thread!!!

The above quote is cool a bit of Roland's humour seeps through there I think.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post
    I love this thread!!!
    Me too!!

One of my favorites (has probably already been posted) is:

"Shake the hand that shook the world." -- Walter O'Dim
    "May your luck rise, Roland" -Cuthbert Allgood

Country
    Country Flag

I has been here before but I love it so much:
    "Gods leave siguls. Men leave machines."

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I has been here before but I love it so much:
    "Gods leave siguls. Men leave machines."
    Aye, so they do.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Lord Vertigo, try visiting WikiQuote - Wikipedia's quote resource. Here's the link to the Dark Tower entry:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Dar...r_%28series%29
    I've heard that you must take anything on Wiki you read with a grain of salt. I now beleive it. After I visited the above link I found a mistake in one of the Walter O'Dim quotes. I was able to edit it without signing in or anything. I don't even have a Wiki login. Weird.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    I've heard that you must take anything on Wiki you read with a grain of salt. I now beleive it. After I visited the above link I found a mistake in one of the Walter O'Dim quotes. I was able to edit it without signing in or anything. I don't even have a Wiki login. Weird.
    That's the beauty of wiki pages, AS. A bunch of people post relevant information, one person goes on and messes it up, and then a hand-full of people (such as myself) go and fix their mistakes. It's a beautiful system.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just please neverevernever use wiki as your only source in a debate or the entire world shall mock you.

off topic: I miss zone.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Just please neverevernever use wiki as your only source in a debate or the entire world shall mock you.

off topic: I miss zone.
    I know, right?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

right

If you rescue me

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    That's the beauty of wiki pages, AS. A bunch of people post relevant information, one person goes on and messes it up, and then a hand-full of people (such as myself) go and fix their mistakes. It's a beautiful system.

And I am the one who creates those mistakes!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

All of them? Wow, that is strangely impressive. Must be tiring though.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast