Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Would you bury your child/animal in Pet Semetary, even after being warned not to?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes! It's worth the chance.

8 11.94%
  • Maybe... but I wouldn't knock over the coffin at the funeral...

4 5.97%
  • I'd do more research before making any rash decision.

11 16.42%
  • Hell no! It's not worth having a zombie show up!

45 67.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pet Semetary (Spoilers included)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

thanks
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really in-depth discussion in two parts by The Losers Club podcast:

https://consequenceofsound.net/podca...sematary-pt-1/

https://consequenceofsound.net/podca...sematary-pt-2/

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i just started this tonight actually i've never read it! i have tried to read it countless times but for some reason i loose interest in reading it, i get up to his 1st day at the University and i stop reading it. i have no idea why? i love the film and i know there are people out there who have read the book that despise the film. but reading the trivia section on IMDB if this is true the original cut was much longer and it was cut because of that and it's a shame too. i hope they someday release that on blu-ray. having said that and seen the film i know how the book ends so it's not a big deal if spoilers are here or not.

i'm sure it followed the book fairly well since King Wrote it. with apparently the wendigo that got cut from the film. the trivia section i was talking about mentioned that. and Judd having a wife in the book which also was different, i love the Cujo Reference though. i have this sucker on Hardback actually but at the back it mentions Misery at the back of the book so it must be a later printing that they made for the club i'm guessing. i was looking on IMDB tonight and they were talking about how John Lithgow got cast as Judd and though Fred Gwynne is always gonna be Judd for me i am Open to see how Lithgow does it cause i've always loved him. though i do miss the days when he played a crazy motherfucker like in Raising Cain for example. damn i love that movie or Ricochet another favorite of mine.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh i voted for HELL NO i forgot to add that sorry

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well i'm only on Chapter 12 so far. and what is really sad i think is at the start of the novel they are such a nice family and than after all the shit that happens to them by the end of the novel all that is stripped away entirely pretty much. though i do wonder did King ever mention Ellie in any of this other books? i don't think he did but than i could be wrong. i mean she is the ONLY one that lived after all

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    well i'm only on Chapter 12 so far. and what is really sad i think is at the start of the novel they are such a nice family and than after all the shit that happens to them by the end of the novel all that is stripped away entirely pretty much. though i do wonder did King ever mention Ellie in any of this other books? i don't think he did but than i could be wrong. i mean she is the ONLY one that lived after all
    I just finished before starting Talisman and really enjoyed it. I absolutely agree about how heartbreaking it is to watch the family fall apart, and definitely adds a nice, tragic gloom to the book

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Talisman i need to read that one cause that's another one i need to read an actually fucking finish! the dreamcatcher was another one that i had started about a dozen times and never finished i did read that about a year or so and i really loved it. From a Buick 8 was another i started numerous times and i read that a couple years ago i think it was and i really loved it. having said that talking about this book and both are replies make me think of well any John Saul book where they start out a happy family until shit starts to happen that is.. i picture Judd as i know him as Fred Gwyenne but who else would i? he he

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well i'm farther now i'm on chapter #20 now page #84 in my hardback of it. in my paperback i'm on page #102. why do i pay attention to the paperback ?cause i get Curious on how farther the paperback is. if i have both the paperback and the hardback that is. also at times i forget where i put the hardback and than i can have the paperback to read. if i can't find both i read the digital version of it. i come prepared! he he

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Further along i'm on Chapter #27 Page #147 thus far in my hardback version of it. and this is actually the farthest i have ever got in this book i think this time i may actually fucking finish it. something i've tried to actually do since shit i'd say since i was in my teens. where i'd start it than i'd get up to the death of Pascow i think it was and than for some reason lose interest. now i've just read Judd talking about bringing back his dog Spot to life. other books off the top of my head i've never read well early books of his which are Firestarter, Cujo, any of his collection novels where i've read some of the stories but never finished the actual book. for Different Seasons i got up to Adapt Pupil and the story i just can't get into cause i saw the film 1st and it's such a bad fucking film that it i think has tainted me from getting into the short story it's based off of cause my brother was telling me once the short story also is bad as well.

Misery is another one i've never finished or Eyes of the Dragon. that's about it for his early books that i can think of.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I"m on in my hardback of course, Chapter #40 i have 128 pages left in it and i may read another one after this and recently i counted how many of his i've read and it's only #25! i thought it was higher than that! this would be #26. no wait it would be higher if i count the green mile when they 1st came out in the 6 books.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

now i'm on chapter #45 page 281. and i've only got 98 pages left in it. the horror is going to be coming soon cause it's the night where Gage is gonna be buried in the Indian Burial ground. he hasn't done it yet but Ellie just had her Dream and Louis just woke up from his nap. that's where i am. i've got a theory though it hasn't been said but is Ellie either Physic or does she have the Shine like Danny Torrence? if so than i wonder why she wasn't used in Doctor Sleep?

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

well i've since finished the book and i loved it but for me it's funny how i think the film the (1989) version anyways it's more scary than the book was. i know it makes no sense to me either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3