Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Huge Circle, 4 Elephants, and A Giant Turtle

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Defo

Hmm, I may be wrong about carpet people...I thought it was part of the Truckers series?

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Theres also a third book in the Tiffany Aching series called The Wintersmith, which is fantastic
    Loved that book but didn't realize that there is more Tiffany Aching books to be read. Must check out Terry Pratchett wedsite and get a complete list of his books.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmeej View Post
    Hadn't heard about The Carpet People. Truckers is the first in a series called The Bromeliad Trilogy. Johnny and the Bomb is the last in his Johnny Maxwell Trilogy... Only You Can Save Mankind is one of my twelve year old's favorites.

And I'm sure you're right... There are probably a few more we're missing. Sai Pratchett is almost as prolific as Sai King, huh?
    So true TP is just like SK when you think you only have a few more of his books to read to finish his collection then you discover hes written about a dozen more books in the mean time . Reading can be an expensive hobby .

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now I've got a problem. I'm trying to remember something Pratchett once wrote in one of his books. It was something about when people die, they'll end up in places they expect themselves to end up in. Hell, Heaven, Middle-Earth, like that. Mayhap someone knows what I'm talking about and can point me into right direction? Please.

By the way, I'm a big fan of Pratchett.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read any since the first 3 but loved them

The BBC movies are great.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Grubby Little Troglodyte Goblin is on a distinguished road Goblin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've read nearly all of them over and over. They always cheer me up. (Incidentally Terry Pratchett used to live about twenty miles away from me, not sure whether he's moved south now though.)

I cried when I found out about his dementia. There was a doccumentary on a while ago and he was saying that he still has so many books inside his head but can't get them out properly any more.
    I'm Pink, Therefore I'm Spam.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I need to read these books from the beginning. I've played the pc game Discworld Noir, and i absolutely LOVED it!

Books i do wanna read in the series are:
    The Colour of Magic (because that's where it starts)
    The Light Fantastic (because it's an actual sequal to TCoM)
    The Fifth Elephant (just for the title)

And there's one i really, REALLY do wanna read but i have no idea what the title is. All i know is that it involves the 5th Horseman of the Apocalypse. (Who left before the other 4 became famous! )
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ooooohhh, Discworld Noir! *runs to my best friend Google*
    (thanks for the tip! <3)

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Gunslinger Apprentice AcidBumbler is on a distinguished road AcidBumbler's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Discworld is amazing. Read it. Pratchett's got a wicked sense of humour, yet he manages to incorporate drama and characters which you get to really care about.
    If you love me, then love me - Susan Delgado

The world eventually sends out a mean-ass Patrol Boy to slow your progress and show you who's boss - Stephen King

Will always love Paul Aaron Mills; He is the Roland to my Susan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2