Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think we should see Under the Dome published in the fall of 2009.

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It better be published now! Ill personally help him edit the book and stuff....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I think we should see Under the Dome published in the fall of 2009.
    Given the size, it wouldn't surprise me too much if weren't published until 2010 or even later. I don't know how "finished" the manuscript that was given to the editor really is. I have BOMC manuscript proofs of Misery and Tommyknockers that have a number of corrections on the pages.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

From SKMB

The official word from Scribner is that it will be released Fall 2009

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    From SKMB

The official word from Scribner is that it will be released Fall 2009
    YESSSS!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful! I needed some good news today!

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

OO OO New arc to look for! HE HE HE
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, you took the words right out of my mouth!

John

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    From the Library of Congress reading, it seems that a dome-shaped forcefield of some sort is isolating a small town in Western Maine from the rest of the world.
    Wasn't there a forcefield used in "Tommyknockers"?

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

In the recent Borders interview King said that he submtted this as 1,500 pages. I am sure that converts to a final book of somethign less but still mega long in the same vein of IT or The C&E Stand! I can't wait as I much prefer the longer stories. WooHoo! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

Some more info from Ms. Mod over at the official forum:

I asked Steve if he would give me a synopsis to post but he says he's not ready to release any information just yet. I mentioned the Simpsons episode but he hasn't seen that so can't say if it's anything like his book, but also mentioned that the seed of the idea for his story was planted a long time ago--long before the Simpsons episode. He said to compare different pieces of work to snowflakes--they may all be snowflakes, but they're each unique.

The manuscript is 1500 pages--that's single-sided, double-spaced, so the finished volume will be closer to 1000 or so depending upon font size/style and how much editing is done. Still a very long book but don't be expecting 1500 pages in the final print version.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Lilja's site, Under the Dome has been scheduled for November 2009.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Breaking news. Thanks John.!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I cannot wait. I have had to pacify myself with Clive Cussler.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    From the Library of Congress reading, it seems that a dome-shaped forcefield of some sort is isolating a small town in Western Maine from the rest of the world.
    Wasn't there a forcefield used in "Tommyknockers"?
    I rather liked Tommyknockers. I don't recall such a large forcefield.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Great news. I can't wait for this one to come out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

In his new EW column, King writes:

I'll have a book coming out in the fall, and since it's over a thousand pages long, I sure hope people like it.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

when I read earlier in this thread that he was 1000 pages (manuscript) in and with no end in sight, I kinda hoped he would make another series out of the project
    I mean, he has to connect the post-DT books to something, somehow, right?
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

From USA Weekend

Stephen King has gone multimedia. "N.," one of the tales in the best-selling author's latest short story collection, "Just After Sunset," was turned into an original Web video series in conjunction with Marvel Comics. The collaboration has inspired King, 61; he's thinking about doing a YouTube video for his novel "Under the Dome," out later this year. Such projects are definitely fun, King says. "But with all these multimedia things, the story is the story still, the book is the book, and that's the source material. As J.R.R. Tolkien might say, 'That's the one ring.' It rules the other one."
    He was probably also inspired by his friend Michael Connelly, who released a dramatization of the first two chapters of his most recent novel to help promote it.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting, thanks Bev!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

From USA Weekend

Stephen King has gone multimedia. "N.," one of the tales in the best-selling author's latest short story collection, "Just After Sunset," was turned into an original Web video series in conjunction with Marvel Comics. The collaboration has inspired King, 61; he's thinking about doing a YouTube video for his novel "Under the Dome," out later this year. Such projects are definitely fun, King says. "But with all these multimedia things, the story is the story still, the book is the book, and that's the source material. As J.R.R. Tolkien might say, 'That's the one ring.' It rules the other one."
    He was probably also inspired by his friend Michael Connelly, who released a dramatization of the first two chapters of his most recent novel to help promote it.

This makes me what to post some of my sheep conquests on youtube!!

(ok I am joking)

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

Seems the Brits may be getting UTD slightly earlier. Amazon has a date for an audiobook version by H&S and it's scheduled for October 15: http://www.amazon.com/dp/184894201X/

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Under The Dome!!!

SK's latest novel is going to be a long one. According to Wikipedia, it is going to be around 1,500 pages!

Anyone else have info on it?
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast