Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Letters to, and encounters with, Stephen King

Traveler Merlin6399 is on a distinguished road

Default Stephen King, Hartford, CT, and the New Lieutenant's Rap.....take 2

Trying again because I am new and had a hard time editing the first thread.

I don't want it to come across as bragging, but there are not too many people in the world that can appreciate the magnitude of this.

While we attended the "Interview with Stephen King" in Hartford a while back, I casually asked Stephen King if he was planning to auction off any more copies of the New Lieutenant's Rap (we all know the story and why they are so rare). He said for me to write down my address, we did, and didn't really think much more of it. We thought he was INCREDIBLY nice, down to earth, easy to talk with, and we had an amazing time. Well, unbelievably, we got a copy in the mail yesterday!!! He wrote "For Jane, Sorry this took so long, finally found some in our attic." Then there is the original signature in black ink, and then dated 9/22/13. (Jane is my wife that grew up in Bangor, Maine...thus, she has been a life long King fan).

If someone can let me know how to create the photo URLs, I will post some pics. Testing some below.

Again, I am not trying to gloat, but simply want to share an incredible story that illustrates what an amazing person King is, and how much he cares about his fans.

I am overwhelmed!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing! Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! What a great story!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome story... congrats
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful! And well deserved!

John

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful! Great job!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, amazing story !!!

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it's not gloating, but I'm jealous as Hell!!
    My girlfriend works with a guy who grew up with and played little league baseball with Joe. I keep telling her to get me a hook up with something awesome like The New Lieutenant's Rap. Or you know, anything.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Kinn and Jane, I think I met you at Betts in 1998. You both look just as good now as you did then. King on the other hand has aged quite a bit. Welcome to the site!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know why but you both look familiar to me, yet there is no way we have met. I wonder if someone has posted photos of you before??

A great story, congratulations. Very generous of Stephen to send that to you.

Traveler Merlin6399 is on a distinguished road

Thank you everyone. That was the night that started it all for me Carlos. My wife has been a life long fan, but meeting him in person jump started my addiction....and it IS an addiction. Rachel, I am not sure if someone has posted pics of us before, but we do try to get to King events. Very excited we received our lettered edition of "The Dark Man" a couple days ago. Small book, but incredible presentation! Pop up box and all. Looking forward to receiving lettered Shining and Dr. Sleep!!! Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome....especially you Bill! :-)

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Wow! How cool is that?
    Congratulations and welcome to the site
    reality continues to ruin my life

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Me? I'm honored!!!! You are more than welcome. However, you ain't no "Merlin" LOL LOL LOL J/K Welcome to the site and community!!! You will be hard put to find another as tight as this one!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great story! Welcome to TDT.org, I hope you stick around and continue to post.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We should have some additions to this thread in late January.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wrote King several times in the 1980's. I believe he responded to all of them. Very cordial and sometimes funny. I never tried to send a book for a signature. Not my thing.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I'd say there is no hope in getting him to sign a book that is mailed to him. He just doesn't do it anymore. I was fortunate enough to get on that bandwagon back in the '90s. I mailed him Gift Editions of the Zeising Insomnia dn the Grant Desperation and got them both personalized. He quite doing this a few months after I got my copies back in the mail! :-)
    I was also lucky enough to get on this bandwagon back in the '90s. That experience and meeting him (reading, Q&A, and shaking hands and getting two books signed) at a signing stop he did in my area during the BAG OF BONES tour comprise my two encounters with Mr. King.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I sent him some naked pictures of myself....

Been a couple of years and still waiting to hear back

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

thinking Tabitha might have picked up the mail that day and kept them for herself.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I sent him some naked pictures of myself....

Been a couple of years and still waiting to hear back
    He used them as inspiration for the bath scene in The Shining!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3