Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Funniest Dark Tower moments ***SPOILERS***

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just find it hilarious how Roland couldn't pronunce Aspirin

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh wait i forgot!!

the funniest: When Eddie told Roland to buy him a sandwich and he bring it back and says "I would prefer to have something that looks a little less like cum on my popkin"

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

Traveler RandoofGilead is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Oh wait i forgot!!

the funniest: When Eddie told Roland to buy him a sandwich and he bring it back and says "I would prefer to have something that looks a little less like cum on my popkin"

HA HA! That was great! You never expect to hear Roland come up with a comical line like that but that came out of nowhere. Then again, how much of it was meant to be a joke?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RandoofGilead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Oh wait i forgot!!

HA HA! That was great! You never expect to hear Roland come up with a comical line like that but that came out of nowhere. Then again, how much of it was meant to be a joke?
    Nah, I think he was kind of serious about it because he never saw/had mayonnaise before

Traveler klobbrus is on a distinguished road

Greetings.

I like the scene when Eddie was being interrogated by the customs agents when he first met Roland. He says something like:

I was afraid to look down and see his finger sticking out my cock!

Also when he is being searched by Balazars man, he said something like:

If i'd known, I would've wiped with a chair leg!

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

From The drawing of the three.

Fat Johnny reached down, and as he grasped the wallet he farted loudly and screamed. With faint amusement the gunslinger realized he had mistaken the sound of his own fart for a gunshot and his time of dying had come.

Along the Path of the Beam GirlGoneNineteen is on a distinguished road GirlGoneNineteen's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From W&G:
    "Oh, Christ. I left the world I knew to watch a kid try to put booties on a fucked-up weasel. Shoot me, Roland, before I breed. "

So much you did and so much more you would have done, aye, and all without a check or qualm, and so will the world end, I think, a victim of love rather than hate. For love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

When Roland gets really excited about the "Shooters Bible" and how cheap bullets are, that one cracked me up.

Traveler dbarkan is on a distinguished road

One of the funniest moments for me is what Roland thinks when he gets his fingers eaten by the Lobstrosity. I was sort of taken aback that it happened, because I had come to think of him as invincible, and it was very sudden. So my thoughts were "Wait..he loses his fingers? Doesn't he have six more books to journey through?"

Roland's thought (while he is still fighting the monster): I forsee serious problems ahead.

It was perfect timing, understatement of the year. Hopefully others were able to laugh at it too, might just be my twisted sense of humor.

John F. Kennedy Reviarc is on a distinguished road Reviarc's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'm an extremely fucked up individual but I recently just got a kick out of The Gunslinger.

When Jake is pushed in front of the car, SK describes his genitals getting squashed, his back being broken, etc. but Bama's only wondering how bad he's skinned his knees and the perfect, crustless sandwiches Ms. Gretta Shaw made for him in his backpack.

That was funny but Marten spitting a bunch of times right in the face of a murked dude (Nort) was also pretty cool.

Ok yes, I'm an extremely fucked up individual.
    Some great revolution in just one single individual will achieve a change in the destiny of humankind. Japanese Peace Activist (1942)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it would be rude to argue.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Traveler Antares is on a distinguished road Antares's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I find it hilarious when Stephen King encounters Roland and Eddie and he just runs away.

Then the whole sandwich and mayo scene... But I always think it's funny, when Roland has to deal with things of Eddie's (our) world.

Another funny scene is when Jake exchanges minds with Oy... I've never read the english version of the books, but the way Oy aka Ake talks is extremely funny.

Some scenes between Roland and Rosalita make me laugh.

and so on and so on

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    Another funny scene is when Jake exchanges minds with Oy... I've never read the english version of the books, but the way Oy aka Ake talks is extremely funny.
    It's damn funny in English too.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice pinkymcfatfat is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Anything involving sandwiches.

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In Wolves of the Calla when Roland goes todash in New York - his observations are pretty funny. How everyone walks across the road the road when the 'Dont Walk' sign is on and how he thinks that he is good at adapting and if he lives in New York long enought he would be walking across the road when the 'Dont Walk' light is on and holding his middle finger up at Tac sees.

Also when he first sees seomone doing this to a taxi he says somehting like I imagine it doesnt mena long days and pleasant nights!

The whole pasage is funny.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

We must admit Roland has a very good sense of homour.

Roland would have understood.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Too bad he doesn't know it.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    Too bad he doesn't know it.
    That makes it even funnier.

Roland would have understood.

John F. Kennedy Malice is on a distinguished road Malice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Although I laugh at pretty much anything that Eddie says or does I think the hardest I have laughed was at the beginning of W&G on how he deals with the pain that is blaine. And also in WOTC the argument between Roland and Callahan had me laughing...said argument can be found in my signature. But there are to money funny moments on Eddie and Rolands behalf to choose just one.
    "Your Man Jesus seems to me a bit of a son of a b!$#h when it comes to women," Roland said, "Was He ever married?"
    The corners of his mouth quirked. "No," he said, "but His girlfriend was a whore."
    "Well," Roland said, "that's a start."

Gunslinger Apprentice Delah is on a distinguished road Delah's Avatar

When Roland and Oy are chasing Jake through the tunnels under Lud and they get to the door leading into the cradle of the Grays, Roland closes his eyes to "see" through Jake's eyes and get an idea of what's going on in the room.

"Ake," Oy whispered, as if reminding Roland that this was neither the time nor the place to take a nap.

I love the humor here, and Oy's single mindedness.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, I loved that, too!

when I was retelling the story to my mother, at that moment she laughed and said, "You made it up yourself!" - I had to swear it was in the text.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler jwill is on a distinguished road jwill's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GirlGoneNineteen View Post
    From W&G:
    "Oh, Christ. I left the world I knew to watch a kid try to put booties on a fucked-up weasel. Shoot me, Roland, before I breed. "

i thought this was the funniest thing id ever heard

i also liked when Eddie was talkin about ka and Roland called it Kaka causing eddie's, jake's, and susannah's jaws to drop

Gunslinger Apprentice Savvy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

this was the first time Roland made the joke on purpose

Traveler saxy555 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I can't buy a can of tuna at the store without saying "tooter fish" in my brain and chuckling. I get some weird looks. My daughter and I both call it that when we talk to each other (yes she's a huge SK-DT fan too).

And of course "bumhug" and Jake's reaction to the word every time Eddie said it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast