Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Funniest Dark Tower moments ***SPOILERS***

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Oy pissing on Blaine's carcass is always a good one for me, as is the scene where Oy says "fuck."

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Ohhh I love it when an old thread gets revived..especially one of mine.
    Oy saying "fuck" and Mrs Tassenbaum's reaction had me laughing for a good two or three days afterwards.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

absolutely, oy is funny, but mrs. tassenbaum's reaction makes the whole scene.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    absolutely, oy is funny, but mrs. tassenbaum's reaction makes the whole scene.
    Without a doubt

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    The Sammich Scene in 7.

"I'd prefer a sauce that didn't look so much like come myself"

and "Let's go, I'll eat my come and cheese sandwich while I drive"
    That scene was riotously funny. There are so many hilarious scenes throughout the course of this series that you could probably devote several different threads to exploring them in full detail. Some of the scenes that unfold in flashbacks have an ingrained, dark, caustic humor to them, but the dialogues between Eddie and Roland are great as well.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

"Lemons"
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    "Lemons"
    since reading that part, i have used that joke a lot. i liked one more glimpse at the great sage and imminent moron, henry dean.

i liked one more glimpse at the great sage and imminent moron, henry dean.
    Same here and thats a much more accurate description of him.

Gunslinger Apprentice R.F. is on a distinguished road R.F.'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not really one of the funniest moments, but I got a kick out of the Gawdbomb dude.

My vote for funniest would have to go to the come and cheese.
    Flip-flop, hippety-hop, offa your rocker and over the top, life’s a fiction and the world’s a lie, so put on some Creedence and let’s get high.- The Great Sage and Eminent Junkie

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R.F. View Post
    Not really one of the funniest moments, but I got a kick out of the Gawdbomb dude.
    He did rock. Sometimes he seemed to be insane and after that to be a genious...

Roland would have understood.

He was nutty, but in a good way.

He was nutty, but in a good way.
    he was a very authentic new yorker, which is another way of saying what CK said

Country
    Country Flag

You know, there would have been some pretty "nutty" characters had the story visited New Orleans...
    Flip-flop, hippety-hop, offa your rocker and over the top, life’s a fiction and the world’s a lie, so put on some Creedence and let’s get high.- The Great Sage and Eminent Junkie

perhaps had katrina happened while he was writing it, he'd have leaned that way. like i've said before, as a native new yorker,I think the Rose proves what I have always believed, that NYC is the center of the universe.

One who came back Malficeus is on a distinguished road Malficeus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

when eddie went through customs in the airport in The Drawing of the Three and his reaction to their 'search'

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985
    -"We have two companies of MARINES running all over this island and thousands of ARMY troops doing nothing!" -GEN. JOHN VESSEY, CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS

Country
    Country Flag

It would be funny to read King's take on how characters from New York and New Orleans would interact. Hell, even I have a hard time understanding some of the people down here.

i could see it being a place where the tet could easily meet some folken to shoot.

Country
    Country Flag

Gangmembers, maybe... Though there IS quite a lot of Southern Hospitality down here.

Also, another of my favorite funny moments: How did the dead baby cross the road?

Quote Originally Posted by R.F. View Post
    It would be funny to read King's take on how characters from New York and New Orleans would interact. Hell, even I have a hard time understanding some of the people down here.
    Interesting considering that New Orleans has had a big influx of New Yorkers over the past fifty or so years, to the point where a lot of natives have a combination of a NY accent and cajun. Which I noted to a native one time when I visited New Orleans. He told me that makes sense because of the amount that moved from NY to New Orleans.

Country
    Country Flag

CK, I wasn't aware of the New York influence. Of course, New Orleans has been influenced by quite a few different people over the years.

Yeah, same with most big cities.. another funny moment was when Dinky tells Finli to shove his book where it doesn't shine...I got a good laugh at that.

Yeah, same with most big cities.. another funny moment was when Dinky tells Finli to shove his book where it doesn't shine...I got a good laugh at that.
    i was just so glad to see dinky again. he was hilarious, and ted describing dinky was even funnier. too bad eddie and dink didn't get more time together. they'd have had a blast.

i was just so glad to see dinky again. he was hilarious, and ted describing dinky was even funnier. too bad eddie and dink didn't get more time together. they'd have had a blast.

Yeah, you could tell they were both on the same Heavy Sarcasm About Everything wavelength and talk about some funny stuff between them if they had hung out more.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

When Sayre is telling Mia that she gets to keep the chap for five years and Detta Walker says..."dass raht, darlin, dass raht," she cackled, "he won't come in yo' mouf or get it in you' hair!"

Oh boy does detta have a way with words.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just read that part as I was looking through SoS poking around for an answer to Daghain's trivia question. That part is hysterical.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast