Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pop Of King - a complete listing

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

-- I could seriously park a truck in that thing.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Yeah, but EW's site has most of the titles wrong, and I've seen some scans of them here anywhere.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

edit:

935 5/25/2007 Rock This Way, corresponds to the online one: The greatest rock songs ever made (2007)

the 759 4/9/2004 "Enquiring Minds", seems to do not be in the table of content of the 759 that we can access online...
    http://www.ew.com/ew/inside/issue/0,,ewTax:759,00.html

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanishCollector View Post
    So which column is the one titled "Crashing the Party?"

I know this is a lot to ask, but have you considered scanning all of them and posting them here?

And by the way, "The Sideshow Has Left Town" is not one of the columns.
    Crashing the Party? I'll look it up tonight when I get home.

Correct, that is why The Sideshow ... is bolded in the list - to signify that it is not a Pop of King Column.

I think scanning and posting would be a copyright violation! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    edit:

935 5/25/2007 Rock This Way, corresponds to the online one: The greatest rock songs ever made (2007)

the 759 4/9/2004 "Enquiring Minds", seems to do not be in the table of content of the 759 that we can access online...
    Herbert, I'll check it out tonight! Thanks!

Spoiler:

Just found out. "Crashing the Party" is the one with the online title "Analyzing Oscar."
    BTW, Is the column about worst entertainment experiences "Oh, the Horror" or "Oh, the Horror!" (with the !)? Not that it matters much, but still...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Awesome list!!! I've only read a few of his EW articles. Hmmm, should I start collecting???

I have already promised my wife I would have a very select criteria for collecting.

Signed in front of me
    Signed to me
    gift from a friend
    Something I really want to buy (that's my loophole)
    I LOVE the loophole Matt. It is effectively a catchall for everything.
    That loophole is the basis for 95% of my collection.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have noone to answer to for any purchases I make.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

New column posted at top of thread on 5/2/08

Spoiler:

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Thanks, Bob. In your first post listing, do you think we should make the title into a link to the online version of the column?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yet!!

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Yet!!

John
    Don't mind Brice. He's all "brag, brag, brag..."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yet!!

John
    I guess if I find someone she'll just have to be a collector too.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yet!!

John

Don't mind Brice. He's all "brag, brag, brag..."

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks, Bob. In your first post listing, do you think we should make the title into a link to the online version of the column?
    The online column doesn't always go up at the same time - sometimes earlier and sometimes later. In this newest column I did not find an online version, but I will keep looking!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, I didn't realize that. Ok, thanks.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just found out. "Crashing the Party" is the one with the online title "Analyzing Oscar."
    BTW, Is the column about worst entertainment experiences "Oh, the Horror" or "Oh, the Horror!" (with the !)? Not that it matters much, but still...
    thanks

Country
    Country Flag

#990.... why does the article is not in the table of contents of the online magazine?
    you sure it is in? whats that article? (maybe to be published online soon)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Herbert,

I have a subscription to EW and received #990 in the mail on Saturday! The articel is about the top 20 most played songs in Stephen King's Ipod. the Ipod keeps track so King says this is his technically correct list for top 20 songs. It is not online yet!

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

ok :-)

#??? 4/30/2004 Head Banger's Ball
    Published in issue #762-763 Apr 30, 2004
    i just checked online

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh the Horror! - corrected in the list! Thanks

Spoiler:

I was just wondering, of all the columns he's done for EW, what's your personal favorite? Or topic? I like the ones about movies and books the most, naturally (hey, it's Stephen King!), and since I'm no expert on American politics, these are my least.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

[quote=herbertwest;158958]
    Herbert,
    802: Not in your list: Crying Wolfe
    809: Not in your list: Stephen King on the worst ads on TV

826/827 6/24/2005 The Sideshow Has Left Town (is a Pop of King column, according to the site)

915: Not in your list: ‘24’, so Good Its Scary!

unknown number - Sep 29 2006: The wonder of it all
    Herbert, to answer a few of your comments that as of yet have not been answered.
    #802, #809, #915 added to the list - Verified all three using Justin Brooks recently published (by CD Publications) Stephen King: A Primary Bibliography.

#826/#827, The Sideshow... - is definitely NOT a Pop of King Column. The POP columns always appear on the last page before the back cover. There was no column there that week. The article about Michael Jackson was in the ToC under News + Notes and started on Page 20.

#899 9/26/06 The Wonder of it All added to the list - also verified with Justin Brook's Bibliography

I plan on going through the Bibliography with a fine tooth comb to see if any other columns were missed! It may take a week or two! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    edit:
    Herbert I double checked my copy - It's there even though not listed in the online ToC. It is an article about why the National Enquirer (magazine) is so addictive!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I updated the list on page one of this thread. I have acquired 4 of the 5 missing EWs - two of them (#'s 899, 915) are not Pop of King Columns and are annotated accordingly. One more to obtain! :-)

#899 - special pullout bonus titled LOST Everything You Need to Get Ready for Season 3 has Kings article on the last two inside pages of the pullout. The subtitle of his article is

THE WONDER OF IT ALL
    Stephen King has some burning questions for the masterminds behind 'Lost'

#915 - special pullout bonus titled The Ultimate Viewer's Guide 24 Everything You Need to Get Ready for Season 6 has King's article on the last two inside pages of the pullout. The subtitle of his article is

SO GOOD IT'S SCARY
    Even longtime viewer Stephen King is spooked by 24's surprisingly real take on terrorism

Spoiler:

So "So Good It's Scary" isn't a Pop of King column? Just so I get it right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast