Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pop Of King - a complete listing

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Okay. Thanks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bev.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That does seem one of King's better columns.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

thanks!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I updated page one based on Bevs link - I do not recall getting issue #1001 at home, but think I may have missed it. I got an issue the other day and there was no Pop Of King in the back. I better check to night to see which issue it is. :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

One of my MB members posted this:

SK's articles are no longer on the back page. EW's gone through a redesign, so the columns are now much closer to the front--in this case, on page 22.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked the back page thing. Considering I do not subscribe to EW but I do buy it somewhat regularly off the newstands, sometimes the only selling point of the whole magazine would be to turn to the backpage and if Stevie was on it, I was a-buying it.

Dont know what to do if I must dig through pages or read table of contents to find him.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    One of my MB members posted this:

SK's articles are no longer on the back page. EW's gone through a redesign, so the columns are now much closer to the front--in this case, on page 22.
    It just gets harder and harder to collect these darned things. I, too, always turned to the back page for a peek.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I received this latest issue in the mail on Saturday. I did the same thing, flipped to the back and was bummed that SK wasn't there. But I knew something was different because none of the other usual columnists were there either.

Looks like the columns are buried in the middle of the magazine going foward, so check the Table of the Contents carefully from here on out.

Either that or check this thread, I'm sure our members will post notice of current SK columns here while the relevant issue is still available on the newstands.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Fortunatley I do not throw away my copies right away! Voila! Right there on page 22 like Bev says! And the article is titled Small is Scary! With a subtitle that says "The Master of Fright reveals why big studios rarely deliver horro movie magic." Page on eupdated accordingly.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

List on page #1 updated with newest edition of The Pop of King - Issue #1004 of 8/1/08.

Consider the Junior Mint, where the Bard of Horror takes a gastronomical tour of the movie theater concessions stand!

Humorous to say the least! :-)

Spoiler:

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanx!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Page 1 of htis thread updated accordingly. Funny how the online title never matches the print title.

Spoiler:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Different editors -- the author almost never writes the title.

Gunslinger Apprentice nt07077 is on a distinguished road nt07077's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sorry these arent "pop of king" but u seem to be missing 3 articles entertainment weekly from the list:
    “Horrors” (Oct, 25, 1989)
    “Kitschin’ a la King” (May 12 1995) http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,297210,00.html
    “One-man fright industry” (Oct 25 1991)

im pretty sure the others are written by him but I couldn't find them on the EW website. thanks for any clarification.

I don't know about the 1989 "Horrors" article (sounds like an Umbrella title), but the one with "one-man fright industry" does also have the Umbrella title "Horrors" so it's actually an untitled piece. I have a photocopy of that one.

King also had two brief letters in EW. "Oscarama" and "On Rampage." I have the text versions of these two, unfortunately not the print versions.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks once I get the specifics I will update page 1!

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

1 LAST QUESTION IS #884/#885 6/30/2006 N & D Mini-Series; Pop Up Insert
    ACTUALLY WRITTEN BY S.K

DANISHCOLLECTOR DO U THINK U COULD SHARE THOSE PIECES. THANKS

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post
    1 LAST QUESTION IS #884/#885 6/30/2006 N & D Mini-Series; Pop Up Insert ACTUALLY WRITTEN BY S.K
    Wasn't the pop-up insert just an artwork promo piece for the N&D miniseries? I may easily be wrong, but that's what I recall.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Hmmm. Isn't there a nonfiction piece by King called "Last Word"? Could that be the one?

nt07077 let me have your e-mail addy, and I can e-mail you these two pieces.

Country
    Country Flag

.........thanks a mill
    Last edited by nt07077; 04-16-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nt07077 View Post
    sorry these arent "pop of king" but u seem to be missing 3 articles entertainment weekly from the list:
    “Horrors” (Oct, 25, 1989)
    “Kitschin’ a la King” (May 12 1995) http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,297210,00.html
    “One-man fright industry” (Oct 25 1991)

im pretty sure the others are written by him but I couldn't find them on the EW website. thanks for any clarification.
    The first is mentionned in the book of Justin Brooks, but for Oct 25, 1991... in the EW #89... confusion?
    I dont find the third one in his book... but it corresponds to the date i've just mentionned....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast