Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1621

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Traveler markwood007788 is on a distinguished road

I love comic and I read free mushoku tensei – isekai lttara honki dasu manga at mangazuki.me. I like comics.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Got this for Christmas; it's very Lovecraftian, very Morrison-ee.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a pretty cool read.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I picked up a few quality books to read over the holidays:

Inside Moebius Vol 2 and 3
    Low deluxe hardcover Vol 1
    East of West deluxe hardcovers Vol 1 and 2
    Philippe Druillet - Yragael
    The Black Monday Murders Vol 1

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've started reading Ed Brubaker's run on Daredevil. This is very fine storytelling.

Also reading The Black Monday Murders by Hickman. His research and world building is always meticulous. I can dig that. A lot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Hickman. It's a shame that Manhattan Projects remains unfinished.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh my God, The Boys is going to be a TV show. I hope they hold nothing back a la Happy.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

WeDeal - I'm thinking of getting Comixology for my Amazon tablet, do you have an account? Is it worth it?

Country
    Country Flag

Hey,

I don't have comixology. I just put a bunch of kindles on my wish list and wait for a sale. My library is pretty on point when it comes to keeping up with new comics.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait I waited this long to read Irredeemable by Waid. What a fantastic book.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I can't wait I waited this long to read Irredeemable by Waid. What a fantastic book.
    Isn’t it great? Some great moments throughout and I actually like how he sort of went meta (time is a flat circle?) for the ending. Always felt it was a more fun take on an else world Superman than Red Son, though that one is fun too

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone here read Annihilator by Morrison? It just dropped price on Amazon by about $5 and I'm thinking of snatching it up.

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Descender Vol. 6. Up next: Forever Free (comic book adaptation of Joe Haldeman's book), and Avengers: The Final Host by Hickman.

Country
    Country Flag

The Avengers book was actually by Jason Aaron and it sucked. It reminded me why superhero comics make up maybe 5% of my collection.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

For whatever reason, I've decided to read everything Wolverine's been in. FYI, over five thousand issues and counting. But, because of time lag between what I own, what my libraries have, what is available online, and what is on it's way to me in the mail, I've somehow ended up reading from three points at once.

1) From the beginning: Read Incredible Hulk 180, and I own Giant-Size X-Men 1 and Uncanny X-Men 94 onward (when he joins the team), but since it's ONLY 94 issues from the beginning, I've started with Uncanny X-Men 1. Uncanny X-Men 1 through 66 are in the mail.

2) From the end: I've read Old Man Logan in the past, and I loved it. Bought it again, read it, loved it again, and NOW I find out he has a series of his own! My library system has volumes 0 through 10, so I reserved them and had them all shipped to my closest library.

3) Ultimate X-Men: While I was waiting for the library to get all my Old Man Logan books from other libraries in the area, I started on Ultimate X-Men 1, which I guess is "parallel universe Wolverine" so it doesn't really interfere with the "real" continuity.

That is all. Also, I'm up to 801 graphic novels in my collection, woot woot

Country
    Country Flag

The "new" Old Man Logan by first Lemire and now Soule is fan-friggen-tastic. Not for nothing, Soule's current Daredevil run is also out of this world.

I picked up Jason Aaron's Wolverine Goes to Hell omnibus for $35 yesterday. I'll read anything Aaron writes but this he gets to really turn up the aggro with Wolverine. It's like he was made to write it.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree.

Traveler renkorn will become famous soon enough

marvel comics

Traveler jowick113 is on a distinguished road

The Avengers book was actually by Jason Aaron and it sucked. It reminded me why superhero comics make up maybe 5% of my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by markwood007788 View Post
    I love comic and I read free mushoku tensei – isekai lttara honki dasu manga at mangazuki.me. I like comics.
    Looks like a pretty cool read.

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Salammbo by Philippe Druilett and Smashed by Junji Ito. I'm almost done reading the first deluxe hc of Berserk. No wonder Guts' name is Guts, yeesh.

I should probably finish the Wolverine in Hell omnibus I started a lifetime ago.

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished my reread House of Chains and started Midnight tides by Steven Erikson. Karsa is a strong intro in HoC but loving the complete new set of characters in MT. Impressive for a 5th book in a series!
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Country
    Country Flag

I'm rereading Tokyo Ghost by Rick Remender and just last night I finished a reread of Stan Lee's and Moebius's Silver Surfer two-shot called Parable. I have the original comics but Giraud's art is always better in a deluxe format. The colouring seems to have been a little updated but the linework is still the same.

I'll probably tackle Nausicaa next.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to read Tokyo Ghost - let me know how it is - I had not purchased that yet. Just finished watching The Boys on Amazon - so I picked up the GN to read. I really enjoyed Preacher and thought that The boys was going to be a bit more graphic in some ways and over the top - so I never bothered to pick it up...then I saw the show and and was hooked and wanted to see how the original story played out and what changes they had to make
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen The Boys yet. I've read the comics though. I'm waiting for the planets to align aka my wife isn't working on her computer and the child is at her grandparents' place so I can bar the doors and binge watch The Boys Doom Patrol, and Swamp Thing.

Tokyo Ghost is great. Have you read anything by Rick Remender? His main characters are always damaged people you can't help but root for even when they're making the same mistakes over and over again. TG is similar to his other post-apocalyptic dystopian book called Low (an emotional cripple trying to save a dying world).

4/5 for Tokyo Ghost
    4.5/5 for low

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 LastLast