Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1621

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    ...an Old One getting his monster wiener jerked off by a human female, you'll do all right.
    Ah yes...sounds like exactly the kind of Lovecraft "interpretation" I'm not interested in - thanks for the info!
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

..Moore has decided a long time ago he doesn't care about our sensibilities.
    This is it in a nutshell. Moore's work on these is largely erotic and unsettling but it's usually in service to the narrative he's trying to tell.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Moore's work on these is largely erotic and unsettling but it's usually in service to the narrative he's trying to tell.
    That, I can understand, but this...

...an Old One getting his monster wiener jerked off by a human female...
    ...to paraphrase Bono, the Old Ones I believe in aren't looking for handjobs, mister. This idea just strikes me as hopelessly silly and juvenile. If someone can tell me that it's not, well...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This monster is being held prisoner as both a subject and an object of worship to a small cult. He's pretty feeble too. Instead of getting raped over and over, the woman decides to use her hand. She also gets to better understand him. Maybe it's Stockholm syndrome, I'm not sure. I haven't read the book since it came out. Once the monster realizes she's pregnant, he sets her free. And this way we bid adieu to humanity because she's carrying a god in her belly.

So, unless the book is meant to be humorous or juvenile, Moore simply isn't the type to waste a single word or go for a cheap thrill. His books can be shocking, and heck, even traumatizing, but he's not the type to just fill space with nudity for nudity's sake.

This is an interesting read: https://factsprovidence.wordpress.co...nd-neonomicon/

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks for the info. Does that site spoil much?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Not more than I already have, haha. It addresses some of Moore's other works too.

What was it that you disliked about V for Vendetta?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, have you read Watchmen? That's seminal graphic novel reading.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

WeDealInLead-

I should have asked: does Providence have the same kind of (sexual) thing going on? Since Providence is my main objective here, if that is free of 8th grade erotica, I could tolerate the others in order to get to that.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What was it that you disliked about V for Vendetta?
    I read a sample of what I believe was the very opening of the story, and the dialogue felt ruinously weak to me. I may someday try it out of curiosity though.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll check tomorrow and let you know. I read these as they were coming out as monthly issues so it's been a while. I remember something but not even close to Neonomicon.

Country
    Country Flag

OK, I checked the first hardcover and can confirm there's indeed nudity. However, it's only a few panels and IMO, it's in service of story.

The rest of my singles are in storage so I can't either confirm or deny. Providence is definitely a book for adults but it's tasteful and most importantly, the story is incredible. It's demanding and rewarding.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Started Descender Vol 4: Orbital Mechanics.
    Damnit, I love this series so far.

Country
    Country Flag

Re-reading Grant Morrison's run on Superman Action Comics. I don't go for capes and tights but I'll read anything this man writes.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Re-reading Grant Morrison's run on Superman Action Comics. I don't go for capes and tights but I'll read anything this man writes.
    To that point, I'm reading Nameless by Morrison. This guy's imagination is such a mind fuck, I love it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Where are you with Nowhere Men?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Where are you with Nowhere Men?
    Didn't start it yet. But I do believe it's next in line for my comic-reading.

Country
    Country Flag

To that point, I'm reading Nameless by Morrison. This guy's imagination is such a mind fuck, I love it.
    I recently re-read Final Crisis. Morrison's DC work is weirder than 99% of creator owned books by others on Avatar, Image etc.

I'm reading Brubaker's Velvet, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Both are very good.

Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone's interested, the new edition collecting both The Courtyard and Neonomicon just came out.

Started Nowhere Men last night.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently re-read Final Crisis. Morrison's DC work is weirder than 99% of creator owned books by others on Avatar, Image etc.
    Dude... have you read Nameless yet? Just finished it over the weekend. That might be one of the best single-volume graphic novels I have ever read. It's still messing with my mind.

NGE the manga? Are you watching the NGE-Rebuild movies?

Well?

Well?
    So far I'm enjoying it. The articles/interviews between the chapters add an extra layer of detail that I think is pretty awesome. It seems like it's gonna be a pretty heavy story compared to most graphic novels I've read, which I'm fine with.

Country
    Country Flag

Dude... have you read Nameless yet? Just finished it over the weekend. That might be one of the best single-volume graphic novels I have ever read. It's still messing with my mind.

NGE the manga? Are you watching the NGE-Rebuild movies?
    Do you doubt me, ye of little faith? I have Nameless in singles and hardcover. Cosmic horror doused with LSD.

I haven't watched any NGE anime yet. I'm still reading volume 4. I know anime came first but I'm going to finish reading the entire series before watching it.

I watched Blame! on Netflix and looked up the manga afterwards. There are four omnibus editions already. It was really good.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so fucking glad you read it man. I need to discuss it.

Nameless

Country
    Country Flag

I'll re-read it tomorrow at work and follow up here. I think that it was though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast