Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1621

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Batman #6 September (1941) i downloaded a shit ton of comics recently and these are all digital. the early issues are written so different than what i'm used to. he's called "The batman' and it's really odd to read it being written that way.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump*

Marvel
    Star Wars titles
    Dark Tower
    Miracleman reprintings

DC & Vertigo
    Constantine: The Hellblazer
    Doctor Fate
    American Vampire
    Sandman: Overture

Dark Horse
    Fight Club 2
    Harrow County
    Conan
    Hellboy

Valiant
    Ivar, Timewalker
    X-O Manowar
    Book of Death

Titan

Doctor Who titles
    The Blacklist
    Tank Girl

IDW & Top Shelf
    X-Files
    Judge Dredd
    Orphan Black
    Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
    Nemo Trilogy

Providence

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Aldebaran 1
    Lone Sloane 1
    Invisibles 1

Lazarus, War Stories, and Tokyo Ghost.

Traveler lindastacy3 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    Batman #6 September (1941) i downloaded a shit ton of comics recently and these are all digital. the early issues are written so different than what i'm used to. he's called "The batman' and it's really odd to read it being written that way.
    I am also reading the same comic you have mentioned here. Thanks for sharing.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I've just read the first three volumes of Sweet Tooth by Jeff Lemire and I'm really enjoying it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I've just read the first three volumes of Sweet Tooth by Jeff Lemire and I'm really enjoying it.
    Holy shit.

Funny you say that, I literally ordered The Descender Vol. 1 by Lamire like 20 minutes ago lol.

Sweet Tooth has been on my wish list for some time, too...

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Shit. Why'd you have to bring that up? I just looked up The Descender and now I have to add that to my list.

You should check out Sweet Tooth. I blazed through the first 3 tpbs in no time because it's such a cool story.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Warren Ellis - Injection vol. 1. It's much, much better than Trees.

Halfway through The Invisibles omnibus. Only 750 pages to go and there's sooo much text.

Country
    Country Flag

Alejandro Jodorowsky - Showman Killer Vol. 1
    East of West #22
    Fables deluxe hardcover 11
    Tokyo Ghost #3

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Going to wait for 2 or 3 more tradebacks to start Injection.

Don't want to read the first volume and then have to wait months just to read the next.

Are you reading Dark Knight III?

Country
    Country Flag

I'll wait until the library gets it. I have to admit that when I found out it wasn't Miller writing it, I lost enthusiasm for it.

I'm about to start The Walking Dead compendium three.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On DK III...
    His baby or not, I'm actually kinda glad Miller's involvement is limited on this one. And I'd rather take Kubert over (current) Miller on art as well. Only one issue in, so kinda hard to comment on the story just yet.

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Multiversity...phew! It started off pretty heady but after an issue or two, things sort of fell into place. It's a complex book but it's also very fun.

Reading: Akira, Sandman Overture, Samurai Executioner.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Finished Multiversity...phew! It started off pretty heady but after an issue or two, things sort of fell into place. It's a complex book but it's also very fun.
    My boss gave me a gift card for Amazon and I'm thinking of using it to buy this.

Love Morrison!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Couple of new additions:

Preacher, Book Four
    The Dark Knight III #2
    The New Avengers #1, #2
    Injection #1

Country
    Country Flag

top 15 for 2015:

1. Alan Moore - Providence. Monthly, Avatar Press.
    2. Neil Gaiman - Sandman Overture. Collected, Vertigo.
    3. Brandon Graham - Prophet Vol. 4: The Joining. Collected, Image.
    4. Satoshi Kon & Mamoru Oshii - Seraphim 266613336 Wings. Collected, Dark Horse.
    5. Jason Aaron - Southern Bastards Vol. 2: Gridiron. Collected, Image.
    6. Scott Snyder - Wytches. Collected, Image.
    7. Grant Morrison - Nameless. Monthly, Image.
    8. Warren Ellis - Supreme Blue Rose. Collected, Image.
    9. Rick Remender - Low vol. 1: The Delirium of Hope. Collected, Image.
    10. Jonathan Hickman - East of West. Monthly, Image.
    11. Greg Rucka - Lazarus. Monthly, Image.
    12. Grant Morrison - Multiversity. Collected, DC.
    13. Alan Moore - Nemo: River of Ghosts. Collected, Top Shelf.
    14. Rick Remender - Black Science Vol. 2. Collected, Image.
    15. Alexandro Jodorowsky - Showman Killer Vol. 1: Heartless Hero. Collected, Titan Comics.

Reading: Attack on Titan colossal edition 1.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finally picked up the last issues of Sandman Overture the other day.* Now read. Strange but interesting stuff as usual.

I like the Sandman books. At least those I've read so far. There is a quite major spoiler in this one, incidentally. So be warned if you haven't read all the other books.... like me. As it was a prequel, I figured it wouldn't matter getting these, but there it was. Gaiman obviously assumed that the others had all be read before. I had already read this particular spoiler elsewhere, although I had hoped it would turn out to be incorrect. Never mind. This won't stop me reading the rest. As a wise author once said, it's the journey that matters, not the destination.

I'm wondering now what collections to get. The individual collections for each logical story? The Absolute Editions, which are nice and big and have extra stuff? Or those 2 huge leather bound things? (They don't have the extras, but I'm not too fussed about that... but ... well they would be nice to have.) I don't usualy fork out for the bigger volumes as they strike me as way too much money to spend at once, but as I plan to get them all anyway, at some point, I wonder if it will work out cheaper in the long run.

I also recently bought and read another Gaiman collection, this time his take on an alternate Marvel universe set in 1602 called.... 1602. It was a very interesting reimagining and a good story.

I also continue to buy 2000AD. The bumper Christmas edition was cracking!

I ordered the new Star Wars comic Shattered Empire today. I was hoping it would fill in a bit for The Force Awakens. (Which I've seen. Twice, but that's another subect.)

* Annoyingly the Comic Book guys saved an issue which I found I already have! I could take it back, but I've found that it has a different cover. I'm not one to collect covers but now I HAVE it.. oh why not keep it...

Country
    Country Flag

Someone seems to have gotten rid of their collection at my local shop. I cleaned house today; I got four Grant Morrison hardcovers for the price of one.

Reading: Attack on Titan vol. 1. This is great non-stop action.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Picked up Preacher, Book 5 yesterday.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, I have some comics from when I was a boy in perfect shape bagged with card board back... Some nice stuff. Any thoughts on the best way to sell them?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just finished Walking Dead vol 24. Wow, what an ending. I will say though, that I wasn't too keen on the beginning of vol 22. I didn't like how they jumped ahead a few years. I wish there was an in between vol to transition over. I do find the Whispers intriguing though.

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, that ending (and many other scenes) are pretty much unfilmable. Not just because they're violent but because casual fans (non-comics readers) would protest outside the studios. How dare you kill a character you didn't make us loathe first or somebody whose usefulness hasn't run their full course yet!

I'm reading the second Attack on Titan omnibus and having a blast. I'm also re-reading Star Wars comics. Mara Jade was a bad-ass.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Iron Empires: Faith Conquers and am about to dive into Vol. 2, Sheva's War.
    Also working my way through Parker: The Martini Edition.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Something older..... had not looked at it for a longer time...

Hendrik Dorgathen - Space Dog
    signed and remarqued

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast