Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Split - Who's writing wolvie these days?

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Splitfoot View Post
    Was anyone else kinda dissapointed in the last two issues of "Long Road Home"? I'm not gonna get into why (mostly because I'm too lazy to deal with spoiler tags at the moment), but it kinda let me down a bit.

Well Son of a B*tch...that reminds me that I've still got the last issue to read. It's been buried under Sandman and Y for the past couple of months.
    Shame on me.

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Heath View Post
    Split - Who's writing wolvie these days?
    Mark Millar, I think. I'd have to go check my stack to be sure, but it's sitting pretty close to a sleeping two year old, who I don't really want to wake.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone else following the Batman R.I.P arc?

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

I haven't read any DC comics since I stopped working at the mall. I'm a Marvel Zombie at heart, and I buy too damn many comics to support both companies. But when I worked in the mall, I'd read a bunch of DC comics off the rack during my breaks. Was nice. Reading a comic in the middle of the work day always calmed me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The first Marvel Zombie story arc was really good (I have the omnibus for that), the second one was kinda boring...I didn't even finish collecting the second arc, I think I got to the 4th issue and that was it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished these over the weekend:

Batman R.I.P # 678, 679
    Robin (R.I.P) - #189
    The Amazing Spider Man (Brand New Day) # 677, 678
    1985 (Marvel) - 1 of 6

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whats 1985 Feev?

See us both in the black

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Marvel 1985 is a six-issue American comic book limited series, published in 2008 by Marvel Comics. It is written by Mark Millar[1] and illustrated by Tommy Lee Edwards.[2]

The story "is about the real world, the world we live in right now, dealing with the villains of the Marvel Universe finding us."[3] Millar also noted, "This is Marvel's [Chronicles of] Narnia".

Country
    Country Flag

Any good so far?

See us both in the black

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only read the first issue so far, but it does look promising.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm loving Batman RIP.

And I finally picked up the first three issues of Final Crisis.
    It's awesome. J.G.Jones is my new fave artist. And Grant Morrison does his usual ass kicking.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bluenose is on a distinguished road Bluenose's Avatar

Just picked up the new Frank Miller Batman graphic novel. I know its his take on the introduction of Robin, and thats usually the kiss of death for me and Batman, BUT its Miller and he does know and write this character better than most. I'm looking forward to reading it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Kick-Ass. Read it. It does indeed kick ass.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bluenose is on a distinguished road Bluenose's Avatar

Cool, I had a flick through it tonight...am I the only one that loves the fact that Miller seems to hate Superman?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    I'm loving Batman RIP.
    It is great, isn't it?

It's awesome. J.G.Jones is my new fave artist. And Grant Morrison does his usual ass kicking.
    Since I'm not a fan of DC outside of Batman, I wasn't able to get into FC. I read the first two issues and I really had no idea what was going on.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I picked up Y / Vol 3 today ....and I finally picked up The Watchmen.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I picked up Watchmen as well after hearing everyone talk about how great it is. Looking forward to reading it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I'm loving Batman RIP.
    It is great, isn't it?

Since I'm not a fan of DC outside of Batman, I wasn't able to get into FC. I read the first two issues and I really had no idea what was going on.
    Yeah. I really want to recommend it to my non-DC reading friends, but it's way too involved. But I'm really freaking loving it.

Really, I think Batman RIP is harder to follow. I had to read each issue twice in a row to understand it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you collecting only the main arc or all 4? I'm following R.I.P through the Batman storyline, and through Robin. Next time I stop by the shop, I'm going to collect the first issues of Nightwing and Batman Detective that have that story in them.

**jumps on bandwagon

Started Watchmen

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sing your favorite song...

Country
    Country Flag

I'm loving Batman RIP.

If you like Jones and havent read Wanted I'd pick it up. He does great work with Mark Millar. Never bothered with the movie but the graphic novel is great. I saw J.G. Jones at one of the cons I was working and picked up a Wanted poster (a poster for the graphic novel, not the movie) drawn by Jones and he personalized it. Extremely cool cat.

See us both in the black

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Are you collecting only the main arc or all 4? I'm following R.I.P through the Batman storyline, and through Robin. Next time I stop by the shop, I'm going to collect the first issues of Nightwing and Batman Detective that have that story in them.
    I've only been reading the story in Batman. Don't have enough money for the others. Though I hear Pete Tomasi is finally giving Nightwing the quality he deserves.

And AH: I loved wanted.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Newest additions :

Nightwing (R.I.P) - #177
    Final Crisis - 2 and 3 of 7 (I decided to give it another try after reading that it ties in with the R.I.P arc)
    Spiderman # 568 - New Ways To Die
    Marvel 1985 - #'s 2 and 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast