Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh man! Now I've started reading my Doom Patrols, I need to get all the cross overs too...Superman just showed up to help fight Metallo - which gets carried on as a Supes issue rather than a DP one. I'm also missing the DP/Suicide Squad special...bank account, don't fail me now!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone else think that the Wachowski brothers used the premise of The Invisibles as the template for the Matrix plot?

There are a lot of similiarities.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I know. Grant Morrison has said things about that in interviews. Didn't sound too pissed off, though.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Recently finished the second issue of the new Locke & Key arc, as well as the final issue of Treachery (shite). Currently reading book three of The Walking Dead.
    Heng Dai

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Yeah, I know. Grant Morrison has said things about that in interviews. Didn't sound too pissed off, though.
    Interesting...do you happen to have a link to any of those interviews?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll see what I can dig up.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Recently finished the second issue of the new Locke & Key arc
    How is it Aaron? I can't wait to read the new issues.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

L&K is great, Heather!

Currently reading: THE SANDMAN, Volume 10.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Just picked up the trade for the first 7 issues of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run. Been wanting to read this for a long time now, glad they put the trade out again/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Recently finished the second issue of the new Locke & Key arc
    How is it Aaron? I can't wait to read the new issues.
    It's great so far. The second issue is my fave of the two so far, mainly just because the first didnt have Bode, and Bode is the shit!

I'm really enjoying it so far.
    Heng Dai

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks guys, I was going to try to wait till the hardcover came out, but I might just have to pick them up sooner. How many are there going to be in this new arc?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Six, I think? Not sure, but I think it's six.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone here read Morrison's Animal Man ?

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got Grave Tales #6 from Cemetery Dance.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Has anyone here read Morrison's Animal Man ?
    Yes. I love it. Have you satarted it or are you considering picking it up?

I've heard excellent things about Animal Man but haven't read it yet.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I havent' read it yet.... when I was picking up The Invisibles 3 the other day, the shop owner asked me if I had read Morrison's run on Animal Man. He said I should definitely start it after I finished whatever series' I was on, because it was one of the best comic books, e-ver.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've read some Animal man. I like the character and the powers. Without spoiling anything, I wasn't keen on how it ended though.

I recently read BPRD: Plague of Frogs. For those who aren't familiar with teh BPRD books, BPRD is the organisation that Hellboy worked for. The books follow on the adventures of various characters after Hellboy has left the organisation. (Whether permanently or not, I haven't gotten that far.)

An enjoyabable read it was too. Good paranormal fun with strange supernatural heroes.

I'm currently reading Pride and Joy by Garth Ennis and John Higgins. There is way too much swearing for my taste. The odd swearword here and there doesn't bother me (I've been known to utter the odd word myself on occasion, although I usually keep away from the bad ones.) but this book is ridiculous.

On the plus side, I really like the story so far though. It's a nice alternative to superhero comics.

Apart from that I'm continuing to read 2000 AD which I have on subscription. It's an anthology series where various strips come and go (although Judge Dredd is permanent.) so it's a mixed bag as far as quality is concerned. The stories are rarely that deep, but for the most part their enjoyable to dip into on a weekly basis.

My favourite strip in the prog at the moment is Strontium Dog: Blood Moon. Imagine science fiction with a bit of spaghetti western thrown in, with mutants and aliens and some civil rights issues*, and that's Strontium Dog. This one deals with a mutant terrorist, colonel Moon. Great topical tale this one.

*Not unlike X-men in that regard. Although more anti-hero than hero, and mutants don't look like they've stepped out of a modelling school. (Most look quite weird in fact.) Much as I like X-men, I really do.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The last issue of Morrison's Animal Man is easily in my top five single issues ever. And the entire run is up there with Doom Patrol.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finished Pride and Joy yesterday. It turned out to be a really good read (despite the excessive swearing.) Given a bit more meat it would make a good film. (If it hasn't been done already.)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Read Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe.
    The Punisher is a psycho. A badass, but still a psycho.

Also, starting Preacher: Proud Americans
    and a 3rd re-read of Watchmen, just cause.

I read Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe a long time ago. Garth Ennis wrote that, right?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yeah. Have you read any Preacher?

I've never read Preacher but have heard nothing but good stuff. Would you recommend?

I'm only on the 3rd TPB, but I've enjoyed it so far. I will say that it's pretty raw, but good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast