Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

What are your thoughts on fables?

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

About a week ago I read the first three volumes of "The Boys"....pretty neat idea, and I like the art style quite a bit...anyone else read it?

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    What are your thoughts on fables?
    The series as a whole or vol 11?

The series.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I love the series. It's the first comic series I got into (other than the DT) and I was pretty much hooked after the 2nd or 3rd TPB I read.
    To this day, one of my favorite lines ever is the one that Bigby said to Snow.
    Spoiler:
    "Yours is the one scent I can't block out, and believe me, I've tried. I know where you are every second of every day."
    And I am not a sap for "romance" I just cannot get sick of that line.

And I really liked 1001 Nights of Snowfall as well.

On another note: I'm re-reading Watchmen right now. Gotta get my refill before the movie.

If you haven't read the current story line in Fables you have some AMAZING stuff ahead of you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Save your breath for cooling your porridge : Amanda's a omnibus person, like me.

Well, when The Dark Ages story comes out as a trade, good reading ahead.

Oh, I'll be on it ASAP.

Do you read the Jack of Fables trades as well?

Starting in April I believe there is a huge Fables crossover event going from Fables to Jack of Fables and finally a book called The Literals. These are going to be collected into one trade. 3 issues each book.

Ive read, I think, two of the Jack of Fables. I was planning to pick up more but got hooked on Y:The Last Man instead. That has taken most of my comic money.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to get back on Y. I bought the first five trades, but I got sidetracked.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Y The Last Man is excellent. I bought all 10 trades and just read one after the other and so on. Yorick is such a great character. That has to be one of the best comics I have ever read.

What else do you read, GirlySteveDave? (Every time I see your screename I just want to say, "Tell him, SteveDave?" Love that movie.)

You should finish reading Y, Seymour. If you liked the first 5 trades no doubt you will like the last 5.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've finally started reading my Doom Patrols from issue #1. I read the Morrison run as it came out, but have never read the entire thing starting from the Kupperberg stuff. It's good, I'm really into it so far.

I also need to pick up Mike Carey's Lucifer series again. I had them but sold them a while back. Gaiman fans would love it (also available in omnibus form )

I've been down that road as well, Dark Thoughts, where I had a comic series or graphic novel and then sold it for whatever reasons and had to buy it back later.

Has anyone ever read James Robinson's Starman? The series is incredible.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I almost started the Robinson Starman, but I bought the Morrison Animal man trades instead.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

i just bought some new sandman comics. haven't read them yet, though.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you read and scene Coraline, MikeyB?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recently grabbed a selection of GNs from my local library.

I just read Witchblade and Tombraider: Coda and Batman: As the Crow Flies.

Very sexy female heroes (and villain for that matter) in the former. I find all that mystical superhero stuff very interesting. I'd like to see a few character who don't look like they've stepped off of a modeling shoot or CA beach though, but I guess that's part of the territory.*

The Batman tale was a great read! I don't read a lot of Batman but I seem to enjoy it when I do.
    Spoiler:
    An interesting story this one, as it takes you along one route, but turns into something rather different.

Of the two, I think I prefer the Batman one. The Witchblade stories (it was really 3 stories with some dangling threads to resolve later) were interesting though, with some great ideas. (And ladies.) Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) it ended on a cliff-hanger. Fortunate in that it give me an excuse to hunt down the rest. Unfortunate in that the library has limitations, and there are other things I'd rather shell out on.

Other GN's I've taken out that I've yet to read:

Howard the Duck - (I've seen the weird film. Was kind of 'meh'. I'm curious about the comic.)

Iron West - Looks like a mixture of robots and the wild west. (Sound familiar? )
    Udaku - I forget what this was about, and don't have it to hand. )

I took a bit of a chance this time, grabbing stuff I was uncertain of along with the stuff I felt I'd like.

*Don't get me wrong, I like eye candy too. I'd just like to see both. Does that makes sense?

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Im halfway into New Universal by Warren Ellis. Much like everything else he writes its pretty damn good.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Check out Robinson's Starman when you get a chance, Seymour, it's really great stuff.

Saw Coraline today, was excellent.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I like the Enders Shadow series better than Enders Game.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recently read Iron West a western tale with robots. Lots of fun.

Now I'm reading a kind of film noir type comic Sand and Twitch: Udaku. Good read so far.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Final Crisis 7. I loved it. I'm wondering what those of you who read it think.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Newest additions :

Amazing Spider Man #'s 586, 587
    Eternals # 8
    The Invisibles Vol. 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast