Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Along the Path of the Beam wolverine0712 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I just never got into Buffy - I not a big Vampire/horror fan so it didn't appeal to me.

I've like all of Kevin Smith's comics - Green Arrow is a notch behind Daredevil. The current Batman comic isn't bad either.

LoEG is awesome. The movie was horrible because they changed so much of the content, like adding Tom Sawyer (who was added because the studio execs thought that American audiences wouldn't like the film because there was no American characters - even though Sawyer is from a different time period than the rest).

I highly recommend the Ultimates - it's unlike any super hero comic I've read. Volume 2 was good, but not at the level of the first. Millar's War Heroes (I think that's the title) hits on some of idead he had for the Ultimates and didn't use.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite kevin Smith comic is his Green Arrow run. I was lukewarm on his Daredevil.

I'm a huge fan of Joss Whedon, but his Runaways was nowhere near BKV's best.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

Thinking of picking up the first volume of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I really enjoyed the movie. That's right.
    If you like the movie you will LOVE the books. There are three trades to it now and a fourth do soon. Alan Moore does some amazing work in these books.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    Anyone ever read Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo?
    The one with the samurai rabbit?

S'funny, I just finished that one yesterday. (Grasscutter 2.)

It wasn't bad actually.

I've recently started another GN called; The Waste Land. It's kind of a film noir style book with T S Elliot references. Too early yet to see if it's good or not, but the first couple of pages were interesting.

Yeah, Usagi is the samurai rabbit book. Sooo good, must buy the trades soon.

I just read again issue one to Image comics Four Eyes.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Usagi Yojimbo is some good stuff, I have almost a full run, Stan Sakai is the nicest guy. I have met him several times at Comic Con, I own an original that was used as the Limitation page from one of the s/l compilations and I even have a cel from TMNT cartoon that included Usagi.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Incidentally I wasn't keen on The Waste Land. It was in fact inspired by the poem (as you might expect) but I didn't like the story. Part of that might because I just didn't get it though. (I.e. it didn't seem to have any resolution.)

I rather liked the art though.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gaaaah!! I am so behind in my comics right now, it's not even funny - I need to pick up Final Crisis 6 and 7, Treacher # 5, Batman 685, and Eternals # 8. I'm also planning on picking up either Transmetropolitan Vol 2 or The Invisibles Vol 3.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am reading The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comics that Lisa sent me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Usagi Yojimbo is some good stuff, I have almost a full run, Stan Sakai is the nicest guy. I have met him several times at Comic Con, I own an original that was used as the Limitation page from one of the s/l compilations and I even have a cel from TMNT cartoon that included Usagi.
    Cool, I'd lvoe to see that cel.

Michael Jackson SON-OF-WAYNE is on a distinguished road SON-OF-WAYNE's Avatar

Watchmen, and The Stand comics.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Cool, I'd lvoe to see that cel.
    Heres the TMNT cel, I have never watched any of the TMNT cartoons I just found this cel in a catalog (I had planned to bring it to Comic Con for Stan to see, and sign).

Since I had the camera out I also took a pic of my Sandman painting done by Joe Phillips:

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the first volume of Y: The Last Man and 1001 Nights of Snowfall. Currently I am reading The Walking Dead.
    Heng Dai

Nice Usagi cel! And the Sandman painting looks awesome, Death looks beautiful. I just love Goth women.

I just finished reading Tommysaurus Rex. Cute book, reminds me of The Iron Giant a bit.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, newest additions :

Batman #685
    Enders Game 3, 4
    Enders Shadow 1, 2
    AMS - 584
    Deadpool - 8
    Magneto : Testament - 5 of 5
    Final Crisis - 6 , 7 (FINALLY)

For me it was Fables #81. Heavy issue.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

New GN installments:

The Umbrella Academy
    New Universal
    The Exterminators

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

My newest comic obsession is HEXED. Bad ass chick named "Lucifer"+ Lovecraft = AWESOME! And it is only #2.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

How's FC 7, feev? I haven't been able to pick that one up yet.

And is the new Batman the first Neil Gaiman issue?

Yes, Batman 686, it came out this week.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    How's FC 7, feev? I haven't been able to pick that one up yet.
    Eeek! Believe it or not, I haven't read it yet I'll probably read it today though. Oh, and FC 6 was awesome!

Yes, Batman 686, it came out this week.
    Right you are sir! And I can't wait to get my greedy little hands on it!

I'm re-reading Alan Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Going to finish Vol 1, then do Vol 2, then finally read Vol 3 which has been sitting in the shelf.

I loved the first two volumes, so I am looking forward to vol 3.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So much shit is going down in the Batmans. After the "Battle for the Cowl" miniseries, grant Morrison and Frank Quitely are doing a Batman and Robin book! I'm stoked!

Spoiler:
    2 things: should I still put spoiler tags around my references to Batman's death?

And does anyone think Dick Grayson will be the new Batman?

A Batman and Robin book might just be what makes me read a Batman book monthly again after all these years.

I think Dick Grayson should be the next Batman, only of course until Bruce Wayne returns.

Sad thing is they did this in the 90's with the whole Knightfall series. Bruce gets his back broken, Azreal takes over, he goes nuts, Dick Grayson is Batman for a while until Bruce returns.

Still, now Bruce is dead, so it should be Grayson.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Finished Fables vol 11 last night.
    Also read Y: The Last Man vol 4 & 5. Now I'm dying to get my hands on #6. (Especially since I already have #7. ) Man I love that series. I have yet to start one issue without finishing it in the same reading.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast