Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It's crazy OMGish, and it kind of cements Final Crisis as one of the great crossovers ever.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I did read the spoiler, Feev, and I can assure you that you will hate yourself if you read it.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Darkest Night is going to be the follow up to Final Crisis, much like Dark Reign is to Secret Invasion.

I've been following Final Crisis ever since I learned that it was going to tie into the Batman R.I.P story arc, and I have to say that if you're not a huge DC fan (such as myself/ I only read Batman/ Go Marvel!), you'll more often than not be asking yourself 'WTH is going on?!'. At this point I'm only still collecting the FC series because I don't want to leave it unfinished, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to start purchasing DN for fear of dwelling even deeper into the warm thrill of confusion. The only DC I see myself following in 09 is the Batman/Batman Detective and the 3 issue mini-series Battle for the Cowl.
    After Final Crisis 6, I think you're gonna be following a lot more books than just the Batmans.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

My wallet really can't afford me reading more comics.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone been reading The Mice Templar? I was looking to see if anyone posted anything about it but couldn't find anything. For some reason, it is beyond awesome to me.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

I read the first issue of Mouse Templar and didn't like it. The story was too distracting, too much backstory all at once, and the art made it difficult to see which mouse was which.

Now, Mouse Guard on the other hand, EXCELLENT!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you, the art makes it really hard to distinguish which mouse is which. I read the first one and was only mildly into it, but now after a few issues I really love it.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Give Mouse Guard a try. Everything I found I didn't like with Templar was the opposite with Guard.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Seven Soldiers. It's freaking amazing.
    It makes me wonder why people distrust Grant Morrison. This, The Filth, The Invisibles, and Flex Mentallo all came together beautifully at the end. I just think that all the people whining about Final Crisis aren't aware that Morrison's a
    Spoiler:
    genius.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    I just think that all the people whining about Final Crisis aren't aware that Morrison's a
    Spoiler:
    genius.
    QFT (!)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What does QFT mean?

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

hahah, I wanted to ask that too but was mildly embarrassed

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quoted For Truth

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, man.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Aaahhh. Gracias.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

After a break from the series to read other stuff (including Watchmen), I'm back to reading Gaiman's The Sandman. First time through the series. I'm on Volume 8: Worlds' End.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    After a break from the series to read other stuff (including Watchmen), I'm back to reading Gaiman's The Sandman. First time through the series. I'm on Volume 8: Worlds' End.
    Probably my favorite work of literature ever (the series, not just Worlds' End). Can't wait to hear what you thought about it!

There are 10 volumes to Sandman, right?

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

yea, there are 10

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished Volume 8 last night. I loved it.

Not really a spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I have a sinking feeling that I figured out who the funeral was for.

Hope I'm wrong - so don't tell me.

I've been buying these books one or two in advance so I'm always ready to start the next after finishing the last. But when I checked, damn it, I don't have Volume 9 yet.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well now you can get 9 and 10 together!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, most definitely, Feev. Probably on Wednesday when the next issues of certain King-related comics are released.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

According to the Diamond Comics website the new issue of Treachery is due tomorrow, as is the new issue of The Stand.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm back to reading Gaiman's The Sandman. First time through the series. I'm on Volume 8: Worlds' End.
    I just started reading this as well. Although I'm only about half way thru the first vol.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

How do you like it so far, Heather?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast