Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I love the Hal Jordan stuff.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

The current Green Lantern book revolves around Hal Jordan and is really good. Johns, the writer, is doing some epic stuff with the entire cast and crew, making Sinestro a truly great villain, forming different color corps (Sinestro has his own, and then there are the Red Lanterns who use rage and anger to fuel their rings), just huge epic, stellar stuff. Imagine the greatness of the original Star Wars films, now through that sort of story into the Green Lantern universe and you get some awesome stuff.

A majority of the stuff is already out as graphic novels, and they are really great reads.

Anyone reading Old Man Logan in Wolverine right now? Wow, excellent story. Takes place 50 years in the future and Wolverine will no longer fight or use his claws. When you find out why, oh man, what a story.

My Mood
    Gay

So... I keep hearing about the HUGE happenings in the DC Universe ( Darkest Night was a promo I saw somewhere that was a Green Lantern item )..... I'm sort of a Marvel girl so don't follow most of the DC stuff, but this could be big?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Darkest Night is going to be the follow up to Final Crisis, much like Dark Reign is to Secret Invasion.

I've been following Final Crisis ever since I learned that it was going to tie into the Batman R.I.P story arc, and I have to say that if you're not a huge DC fan (such as myself/ I only read Batman/ Go Marvel!), you'll more often than not be asking yourself 'WTH is going on?!'. At this point I'm only still collecting the FC series because I don't want to leave it unfinished, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to start purchasing DN for fear of dwelling even deeper into the warm thrill of confusion. The only DC I see myself following in 09 is the Batman/Batman Detective and the 3 issue mini-series Battle for the Cowl.

My Mood
    Gay

Ah, thanks Feev. I was thinking it was going to be some huge old Civil War deal like with Marvel where the whole Marvel Universe got sucked into things and shaken up
    Civil War Spoiler
    What with the "darkest" line, I was figuring that the Green Lantern would play into it big somehow. Honestly, I was thinking that maybe they planned to kill him off.

"In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light!"

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't read Green Lantern, but he and his.... clan (?) have played a HUGE role in Final Crisis so far.

My Mood
    Gay

Corps... they are the Green Lantern Corps!

Maybe I'll check it out when it hits as a graphic novel.

If they have a really cool Green Lantern cover, I might search that out in CGC, too.

Thanks for the update!

Free Comic Book Day this May is going to have a free tie in that leads to Blackest Night. It's pretty big. I don't follow the Final Crisis story line, only the issue where the Red Lanterns appeared, but you don't need to to follow the GL book. If you are really interested I would recommend taking some of the newer Green Lantern trades out from the libaray and reading them. Since the very first trade Geoff Johns has been building up to Blackest Night, and all through the series subtle hints have been dropped. We know this about Blackest Night, the Corp members will be dead heroes and villains.

So far was have met the yellow corps, Sinestro, Red lanters, Pink, Blue and soon orange.

The whole Blackest Night prophecy was taken out of a short story Alan Moore wrote about Abin Sur, the GL who gave Hal Jordan his ring. Geoff Johns has taken that story and built from it, making it something Sinestro has been master minding from the beginning of the series.

They say the aftermath of Darkest Night is to be huge. We will see. So far though it has been a pretty huge ground shaking book. I really can't say enough good things. If anyone has any questions about it please ask, I'm reading it monthly and love talking about it.

Also, you mentioned you like the Detective Comics Batman book, Feverish Parade. I love what Paul Dini has been doing with that book, some great stories written there.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, Dini has been in a state of grace with his run in Detective.

And call me Feev

My Mood
    Gay

Free Comic Book Day !

That's it. That's where I saw the Darkest Night cover! Which is actually BLACKEST night. ( which was the original word in the motto/coda but was changed so not to appear racist )

Thank you! It's been driving me nuts.

www.freecomicbookday.com

Cool, nice to meet you Feev.

Dini writes some great stories, wish he was writing the book full time instead of having the occasional fill in writer.

Turtlex Free COmic Day is awesome, they really have some great book each year. I've been going every year since they started it, it's a great way to introduce more people to comics.

The image you posted below I believe the issue will serve as a fill in of sorts to catch people all up to speed before Blackest Night begins. Can't wait for that to start, it's been leading up to it for so long now.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

WTF?!

My Mood
    Gay

Captain IronMan ?

I've heard about Dark Avengers but don't really know too much about it. I guess it takes place after the Secret Invasion stuff?

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That cover's pretty weird. But hey, I'm looking forward to it. Kind of.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading X-Men Supernovas at the moment. Quite an interesting read, although I'm not overkeen on the manga type style of the artwork. It's pretty enough, but a couple of the characters look very much the same.

An interesting story idea of a parallel race of humans though. (I'm not referring to the mutants themselves either as that pervades all the X-men books.)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

New Additions :

Batman R.I.P Last Rites #684
    Amazing Spider Man #583
    X-Men Origins : Magneto - 4 of 5
    Enders Game - 2 of 6
    The Eternals # 7

Just read issue one of Spider-man Noir. It was better than X-men Noir, at least I felt so. I'll give the series a try.

Anyone read issue 1 of Images's Four Eyes? Great comic, nice little twist on history too.

Speaking of history with a twist, Kurt Busiek's Arrowsmith was just awesome. Amazing story, World War 1 with a fantasy twist. Great, great story.

My Mood
    Gay

I can honestly say I will NOT be continuing with X-Men Noir, I thought it stunk.

Thanks, Cosmic Geek, I might see if I can find Spidey Noir and give it a chance.

Hope you like it, Turtlex.

I liked what they did in the Spider-man one with the characters, gave them an interesting twist, unlike the X-men one. Sure, these aren't Dashell Hammet's The Maltese Falcon, but they should feel a bit more noirish.

The Spider-man one also is set with a background in history, the Great Depression, that adds to the current story.

Let me know what you think of it, hope it makes up for the X-men one for you.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    Anyone reading Old Man Logan in Wolverine right now? Wow, excellent story. Takes place 50 years in the future and Wolverine will no longer fight or use his claws. When you find out why, oh man, what a story.
    Yeah, for serious. That was a bit of a shock, eh?

I just finished up the first Alias collection. Don't remember how many issues it covered.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I really want to read Alias. How is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    Yeah, for serious. That was a bit of a shock, eh?

I just finished up the first Alias collection. Don't remember how many issues it covered.
    I absolutely love Old Man Logan!

I think I read the first trade of Alias a long time ago, don't remember actually.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, has anyone picked up Final Crisis 6? Cause
    Spoiler:
    it makes good on the promise of Batman RIP.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I really wish I could click on that spoiler Seymour, but I haven't read 6 yet!

I might pick it up over the weekend though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast