Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Picked up a few new issues yesterday :

Preacher Vol.1
    Amazing Spiderman #'s 601-605
    Deadpool - Merc With a Mouth #3
    Enders Game - Battle School - 1 of 5
    Batman (Reborn) #690

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently reading Spawn Volume 2. It's ok. Oh, and I got the latest 2000 AD today (well actually yesterday now, but I haven't got to bed yet. ) and the current stories have been rather good. Actually, it's been pretty good for a while now.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Picked up a few new issues yesterday :

Preacher Vol.1
    Amazing Spiderman #'s 601-605
    Deadpool - Merc With a Mouth #3
    Enders Game - Battle School - 1 of 5
    Batman (Reborn) #690
    Preacher is beyond words awesome.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I pretty much devoured Vol. 1, I'll probably swing by my shop tomorrow to get Vol 2.... and 3.... and 4...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude. I'm almost jealous, with you reading it for the first time.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Feev, yer in for one helluva ride dude.

I've been rereading Astro City from beginning to end this last week myself as well as the latest GI Joe trade from IDW.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Traveler fernando1 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i'm currently reading
    the aliens omnibus saga
    really good comics they stay true to the movies

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome to the site, fernando !!

I've never gotten into the Aliens comics, but have heard some good things about them.

I finally picked up the latest issue of Detective Comics ( 857 )... loving it !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Traveler fernando1 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

thanks i'm a dark tower junkie i don't know why it took me so long to find this site
    the aliens comics are awesome give them a try i would buy the omnibus becouse they are all compiled together and there is a whole lot of them

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Spawn volume 2. Not bad. Not great, although I like the character and his costume.

Currently reading Hellblazer: Damnation's Flame.

On starting it I realise I've read it before. Interesting, incredibly freaky stuff though!

My problem with Hellblazer comics is
    Spoiler:
    nothing seems to really be resolved at the end. To be fair I haven't read them all though, but the impression I get is that 'weird smeg happens (which is fun in itself!) and that's it.

I find myself drawn in and enjoying it though.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I pretty much devoured Vol. 1, I'll probably swing by my shop tomorrow to get Vol 2.... and 3.... and 4...
    Its about time dood.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously! I have no idea why I lagged it so long in starting this series, but hey! Better late than never right?

btw - did you ever start the Incognito series?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Newest additions :

Doom Patrol Vol. 1
    Preacher Vol. 2
    Batman & Robin #'s 2, 3, 4
    Amazing Spiderman #'s 608, 609

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing Spiderman #'s 608, 609
    SOOOO excited about the revisiting of the clone saga
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I know you're all about that clone saga. Have you been collecting the recent issues?

I just started Doom Patrol Vol. 1 - is there anything that Grant Morrison does that isn't incredible? I have yet to read anything by this guy that I haven't enjoyed.

Gunslinger Apprentice darkwolf is on a distinguished road darkwolf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started reading a few series today, Transmetropolitan (on the 2nd volume, awesome series so far), 30 Days of Night (read the first 2 vols, really cool), and Whatever Happed to the Caped Crusader (another one I loved)!
    "The most important questions in life can never be answered by anyone except oneself." The Magus

Country
    Country Flag

I recently read Ultimate Fantastic 4, Volume 2. Not bad. Oh, and I continue to get 2000 AD. Slight dip in quality lately (a couple of the stories are a bit meh) but the Dredd 'Tour of Duty' mega epic is cracking along nicely. As is the latest Strontium Dog: The Mork Whisperer and Kingdom:Call of the Wild. The weak tales of the lot in themselves (Shakara and Nercrophim) aren't too bad though.

My Mood
    Gay

I've always gone back and forth with Fantastic 4 stories.

Anyone have any favorite F4 collections?!?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf View Post
    ... Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader (another one I loved)!
    Big

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started Doom Patrol Vol. 1 - is there anything that Grant Morrison does that isn't incredible? I have yet to read anything by this guy that I haven't enjoyed.
    Doom Patrol effin changed my life, dude.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just picked up Preacher Vol. 2 yesterday

My Mood
    Gay

Just picked up the first three GNs of Terry Moore's Echo. Super cool.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading House of M a the moment. Quite interesting and intriguing...

Country
    Country Flag

I recently (within the last 20 minutes in fact) just finished the Marvel Civil War Graphic novel.

What a great read! One of the best superhero GNs I've read in a while. Not that I've read that many. It's so interesting in that right and wrong isn't clean cut. I found myself wondering which side I'd join if I were in their tights (so to speak). On one side I think Tony Stark and the whole regulation idea is actually rather good in preventing certain heroes abusing their powers.*

On the other hand my heart seems to be with Captain America's team. Part of it's due to the romanticism associated with the vigilante hero. But also the fact that people who volunteer to help people, who put their lives on the line shouldn't be regulated so strongly. Like Dr. Strange says, there's no right or wrong. (Or there is a mixture of both on both sides.)

Brilliant, thought provoking reading.

Oh, and Spidey has an interesting new suit. Like that old song says, '[He]'s go laigs, and he knows how to use them.' Although I think it meant something quite different. Heh.

*And ironically with the whole thunderbolt and new superhero creation programme stuff that goes on, it could be argued they abused their powers too.

My Mood
    Gay

Aren't there, like, a million different Civil War GNs?

Seems every time I went to look, I found a different one, covering a different arc of the storyline.

Is this the one you read?!

ETA: I also picked up STUMPTOWN. Greg Rucka's newest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast