Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1621

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm ... never heard of it nor does it sound familiar ... will look it up.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Has anyone been reading Mind MGMT by Matt Kindt? Looks to be another promising series. Definitely worth checking out if you're into mystery/conspiracy.
    I tried to read the first issue of that a while back and it just wasn't grabbing me for some reason. I plan to go back and give it another try sometime, though.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Chris I think I may have asked you this in the past, but did you ever read Revolver by Matt Kindt? I loved that too, but the artwork in both series is less comic booky and almost more like a comic strip to me. It makes it a little harder to get into (for me anyway). But for both books- definitely worth trying to get used to the artwork so that you can read the story. Matt Kindt is becoming one of my favorites.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Chris I think I may have asked you this in the past, but did you ever read Revolver by Matt Kindt? I loved that too, but the artwork in both series is less comic booky and almost more like a comic strip to me. It makes it a little harder to get into (for me anyway). But for both books- definitely worth trying to get used to the artwork so that you can read the story. Matt Kindt is becoming one of my favorites.

Yeah, I think we did have a conversation about Revolver. I haven't read it. I will give Mind MGMT another try soon, though. I have seven days off work coming up starting on Thursday, so I will be doing some comic catch up.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is Revolver a stand alone TPB?

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I know someone who didn't like it, but I thought it was great.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I started reading Thief of Thieves a week or so ago and it's pretty effing cool. It's by Robert Kirkman, James Asmus, an Nick Spencer (who writes Morning Glories). Kirkman said he was inspired by the way TV show writers work, and wanted to try someone similar with this comic. Apparently a show on AMC is already in the works based on the comic. I've probably mentioned this elsewhere, but I've always been fascinated with thieves and elaborate heists, so I was bound to enjoy this. The dialogue is quick and interesting, the artwork is dark and one of those instances where it just coincides so well with the writing. Definitely recommend it, especially if you're looking for a completely no superhero / no sci-fi kind of story.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thief of Thieves "I Quit" was in my top 5 2012 reads. That last page/panel was great.

Traveler jdub is on a distinguished road

Started re-reading Preacher as it has been a few years. After that I think I'm going to re-visit The Gunslinger Born as it's been a long while for that one too.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still on Vol. 5 of Preacher. Haven't read the series in over a year

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't posted in this thread in a while. This is a quick list of on-going books I'm still reading:

Animal Man - Jeff Lemire is still on it. He's a (semi) local boy, and I dig his melancholy writting style whether it's in superhero books or his own books (Underwater Welder, Sweet Tooth etc)

TDT - I can't stop now. I'm still on the fence if the non-King material is canon or not but whatever, it's $3 a month.

Justice League Dark - the very much underrated underdogs of the DC universe. One of my favourite New 52 books

Battlefields by Garth Ennis. I'm a little tired of his over the top horror shit and violence so this is a nice change. I've read these since they started a few years ago. This is I think the 5th arc and we're re-introduced to some familiar faces.

The Massive - Brian Wood. If you enjoyed DMZ, you'll like this too. He's also writting Star Wars now but IMO, this, socio-political commentary and exploration into terrible "what if" situations is what he's best at.

The Unwritten - still going strong. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these books. There's a crossover of sorts coming up with Fables. Can't wait.

I've dropped the following:

Crossed - nothing ever gets resolved, it's become tedious with all the violence. The original arc was fantastic - The Walking Dead on steroids but with very strong character development.

Batman by Scott Snyder. I loved the first three arcs but I like books that I know have a beginning, middle and ending. With titles like Batman and similar heavy-hitters they can keep introducing new villains indefinitely.

Batwoman - I'll miss looking at that fantastic art but again, an indefinite story line is not for me.

Saga - Love the books but I'll stick to trades.

Stitched - I liked the first arc by Ennis. It was gruesome and had his signature humour. Wished he would've ended it instead of getting Wolfer to continue for him. I like the idea of "zombies" controlled by black magic but not at $4 a pop.

I'm still reading TWD and Fables in collected editions (omnibus or deluxe hardcovers) and I'm always on the lookout for a good book that flew under my radar e.i. The Rising Stars compendium.

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone been reading Mind MGMT by Matt Kindt? Looks to be another promising series. Definitely worth checking out if you're into mystery/conspiracy.
    YES! also currently following Saga, Snyder's Batman 52 series, Locke & Key, Thief of Thieves, Walking Dead, American Vampire and some other IDW and Image material.
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking to start The Manhattan Project soon. I'm all about alternate realities.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

SAGA, very cool!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Been reading some collected Judge Dredd material. In this case, it's stuff that I've already read in the comics, but it's nice to read all the stories one after another and have it flow together as one massive arc as opposed to piece by piece in the anthology comic.

Current arc I'm reading is the two-volume Tour of Duty, in which Dredd standing up for mutant rights sees him effectively expelled from Mega-City 1. Finished reading the first volume Friday - which was really just the build up to the main storyline, although it was excellent build up - now reading the 2nd volume for the past couple of days and really enjoying it. Already halfway and up to the one of the final - albeit massive (by Dredd standards) - arcs of the story, The Talented Mayor Ambrose. It always impresses me not only how great and fresh the creator of Judge Dredd John Wagner's material is after 35 years, but how he actually seems to have gotten better with age. I hope he doesn't leave anytime soon!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hellheim
    Mercy Sparx #1

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recently read the third and fourth Sweet Tooth volumes. Good stuff.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the newest George RR Martin comic adaptation Skin Trade #1

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Greg Rucka - Lazarus. S.F. stuff. The planet is controlled and owned by a few families who war within and without.
    Millar - Jupiter's Legacy. Superhero stuff. It's not corny. Promise.
    Scott Snyder (King's favourite)- The Wake. Nautical nightmares from the hottest writer today.
    Jeff Lemire - Justice League Dark + Animal Man. Underdogs of the superhero universe. Really good stuff. He writes about the human aspect of being a superhero.

Other stuff whose writers I can't remember:

The Dream Merchant, East of West (weirdo S.F. stuff), Prophet (really, really weird S.F. stuff, 5 stars), Unwritten (now crossing over with Fables), The Massive (from the writer of Under the Dome TV show). These are just on-going books, I read waaaay more collected stuff. I keep a list in the "2013 book list" thread.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently re reading The Long Halloween and am following it up with Dark Victory. These are without a doubt two of my favorite Batman comics.
    If you love me then love me..

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quality nice! I've yet to read Dark Victory, but yes, I love the Long Halloween. Got both graphic novels for my birthday, just need to get round to reading them both.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dark Victory is a great follow up to Long Halloween. But I love Long Halloween. It is my favorite Batman story because it focuses on a mystery which is what Batman is all about.

Other favorite Batman stories are: Knightfall, No Man's Land, Hush, Under the Red Hood, and pretty much Grant Morrison's entire run on Batman. So many great stories he did.
    If you love me then love me..

Country
    Country Flag

Hellheim #6

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Scott Snyder (King's favourite)- The Wake. Nautical nightmares from the hottest writer today.
    I loved their work on American Vampire. Did this series just start? If it's been out for a bit I might just wait for the TPB.

Unwritten (now crossing over with Fables)
    Did you just spoil this for me :mellow:

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    Dark Victory is a great follow up to Long Halloween. But I love Long Halloween. It is my favorite Batman story because it focuses on a mystery which is what Batman is all about.

Other favorite Batman stories are: Knightfall, No Man's Land, Hush, Under the Red Hood, and pretty much Grant Morrison's entire run on Batman. So many great stories he did.
    Grant Morrison is my personal comic god. Did you read his Batman Inc. run?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast