Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dude. Third volume? Are you waiting on the trades? You should totally get the issues man. Btw, the third trade is already out.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't even afford an issue, let alone the entire grouping separately.

The only way I've been able to read it is by either going over to a friend's, who is a fan and buys it, or going to a comic book shop, both about an hour and a half away. =/ (A fraternity brother owns the shop, so I never really have to buy anything, unless I have the money. )
    Now that I think about it, I MAY have read the first three trades. When was the third released??

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Just read issue two of Image Comics Four Eyes. So good, dragons and the depression, amazing comic.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Anyone here read The Walking Dead? And if so how is it?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Anyone here read The Walking Dead? And if so how is it?
    I've read a few of the gns from the library. Generally rather good, I'd say. Be warned: it goes to a very dark place at times. Not that I'm saying that's necesarily a bad thing for us the reader. Just know you will find some things disturbing. On the other hand there are light moments too. It's a very human story.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather - The Walking Dead is AMAZING. If you have the cash for it, I would go with the 12 issue hardcovers. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Newest Additions :

Ender's Game - 4 of 5
    Ender's Shadow - 4 of 5
    Azrael : Death's Dark Knight - 1 and 2 of 3
    Deadpool #9
    Deadpool : Suicide Kings - 1 of 5
    Amazing Spider Man - #'s 589 , 590 , 591 , 592
    The Dark Tower : Sorcerer
    Dark Reign - The Avengers #3

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Feev : Sorcerer is a one-shot, my friend.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Edited

My Mood
    Gay

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Heather - The Walking Dead is AMAZING. If you have the cash for it, I would go with the 12 issue hardcovers. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.
    Excellent, I'm definitely going to check it out then.
    Is this the one you're talking about?
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Book-Bk/dp/1582406197/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240869561&sr=1-1"]http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Book-Bk/dp/1582406197/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240869561&sr=1-1[/ame]

and what is the difference between that one and this one? Does it have more stories?
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Vol-Days-Gone/dp/1582406723/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240783179&sr=1-7"]http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Vol-Days-Gone/dp/1582406723/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240783179&sr=1-7[/ame]

My Mood
    Gay

Heather, I'm pretty sure those are actually the first and second story arc... but you should wait for feev to confirm.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    and what is the difference between that one and this one? Does it have more stories?
    [/url]
    Yup, that's the only difference. The hardcovers are 12 issues per volume, and the trade-paperback are 6 issues per volume.

Go with the hardcovers dude, they're much more durable, and they're an impressive sight when lined up together in your bookshelve

Thanks Feev. I'll go with that one. I'll toss it into my next order.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hardcovers are always the way to go.
    Spoiler:
    Super Saiyan!!!
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

My Mood
    Gay

I'm a fan of hardcovers regardless.

It's like feev said ( and SG, as well ) - more durable and very cool lookin on your shelf.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Still working my way through the Invincible graphic novels, then through the issues that aren't collected into a comic yet.

Next to read is the first trade to House of Mystery.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Currently reading Doctor Who: The Tides of Time, the complete run of the 5th Doctor comics from the 80s. Gotta say i'm pretty amazed. Read some of the 4th Doctor comics, and yeah, they were definitely pretty wacky and out there, very light hearted, but the 5th Doctor...whoa. These comics are WAY darker. They show the 5th Doctor in a much more vulnerable way than he was ever allowed to be in the tv series (with the exception of the Caves of Androzani). When the Doctor actually tries to...
    Spoiler:
    ...commit suicide out of sheer desperation,
    you just know that he's been through a hell of a lot of serious shit.

Honestly: 5th Doctor era was so much better in the comics than it ever was on tv.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rereading Jeff Smith's Bone. I still remember how incredibly happy I was when I finally got to buy the ninth book - the circle was complete. Can't ever get enough of Bone, simply brilliant! One of those magical ones which, while you're reading, create a sense of amazement and longing for something you don't exactly know what it is.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

My Mood
    Gay

Jeff Smith is great, Bone is a wonderful comic series.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been rereading Grant Morrison's New X-Men. God, is it amazing.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

My Mood
    Gay

Grant Morrison is amazing. Everything he touches.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damnit! I wanted to start Preacher and Doom Patrol, but my shop was all out of the first vol.s for both

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Halfway through "Wanted"....absolutely amazing...I wish I'd have read it before the nominations were done for Best GN...I'm only halfway in, and I think it may be my new favorite. The artwork is wonderful, the dialogue is well-written, and the story/character development is superb.

In other words, I recommend it, in case you haven't figured that out yet.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I totally want to start Preacher too. I've heard nothing but praise for it.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There's this mini series (?) Called 'Watchmen : What's Next?' where they give you the names of GN series you might find interesting if you enjoyed Watchmen. Preacher and Transmetropolitan are constantly featured on said series.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast