Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Incorruptible. I like how it is a parallel story to Irredeemable
    If you love me then love me..

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The story is good but that artwork... yeesh. Too cartoony.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'm reading Scalped by Jason Aaron. I had read the first 5 or so issues in the past. I am re-reading them not before reading the rest of the series. It is really good. R. M. Guéra's art gives a very dark and gritty feel to the series.

"The series is set on the fictional Prairie Rose Indian Reservation in modern-day South Dakota; the story is concerned with organized crime as well as the culture and living conditions of the Oglala Lakota living on the reservation."
    "The plot of the comic is partly inspired by Leonard Peltier, a Native American activist who was arrested for the murder of two FBI agents in a reservation shootout in 1975."
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered Fables Vol. 14 from Amazon, so hoping to receive that sometime within the next week.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fables kicks so much ass

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, yes it does.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I am now 27 issues into Scalped and I can't recommend it enough. Everyone should pick it up. I know they have collected editions up through issue #34 out now.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been contemplating a reread of my two favorite comic series. X-Men Age of Apocalypse, and Mutant X. I have all the issues, and they are tempting me.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I am now 27 issues into Scalped and I can't recommend it enough. Everyone should pick it up. I know they have collected editions up through issue #34 out now.
    Vertigo, right ? The clerk at my shop is always recommending it to me, but I've yet to start it. I think I'll make Vol. 1 a x-mas gift to myself this year.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Vertigo, right ? The clerk at my shop is always recommending it to me, but I've yet to start it. I think I'll make Vol. 1 a x-mas gift to myself this year.
    Yep. It is a Vertigo title. I don't think you will be disappointed. I finished up the newest issue last night and eagerly await more.

Traveler killboi is on a distinguished road killboi's Avatar

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    Fables kicks so much ass
    and it also outlives its welcome

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killboi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    Fables kicks so much ass
    and it also outlives its welcome
    Ehhh, yes and no. I would have loved if the

Spoiler:
    Downfall of Gettepo's empire

was the end of the series, but the issues that are being released now are still of extremely high caliber, writing and illustration wise. As long as it's able to remain consistent in it's quality, I have no problem with Fables continuing it's already impressive run.

I used to read Fables as soon as the issues hit the shelves. Since the bit feev mentioned in his spoiler above, I have had a hard time keeping focused on it. I am pretty far behind now. I need to catch up sometime.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been on the verge of reading Fables like 6 times in the past few years, but always get sidetracked or busy or start reading something else. I really, really need to read them.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

You definitely should.

Read Scalped first.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I got a few comics and graphic novels for my birthday today that i'm excited to start on. I got American Vampire, Walking Dead Books 5 and 6, and Pride of Baghdad, among others.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

I have always meant to read Pride of Baghdad, because Brian K. Vaughn wrote it and he writes some of my favorite comics like Ex Machina and Y: The Last Man. I have never gotten around to it, though.

Right now I am reading Brightest Day, something else I meant to read before now.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading about what it was based on really intrigued me...and made me super sad. I'm sure it's going to tear me up.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

got some new graphic novels today and am starting on Hack/Slash omnibus vol 1. Love it so far

I like Hack/Slash quite a bit, but I can only take it in relatively small doses for some reason. I can only read a few issues before having to take a break and read something else. I am not even sure why.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Scalped indeed is good stuff. Not just good, it's great. Ex Machina just ended, I need to pick up the final trade. I normally get trades as they come out but Boxing Week sale is 30% off so I decided to wait.

A local comic shop has a big sale of back issue. 4 for $1. It's not even junk. I picked up Vampirella (yes, because of the outfit), Dead Again, some Sandman and whatnot. Nothing too great but I spent 3 hours going through boxes of comics and that was casually flipping through boxes. It was glorious.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to reading the first volume of The Walking Dead tonight

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You're going to love it d00d. TWC is extremely addicting and perennially consistent in quality throughout it's run.

Country
    Country Flag

Just read Fables vol 1-14. Dear lord I love this series

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you read them all in one go ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast