Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Currently Reading: Comics

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds interesting , will be on the lookout.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Anyone reading Superior? It's about a kid in a wheelchair who somehow ends up with super powers. Millar strikes again!
    Hmm. I think that strip might be running in Clint.. It rings a bell, and it seems likely Millar being the editor. I didn't know it was about that though. Looks interesting.
    Did you get a chance to pick this up? There is a WTF moment on the last page of #3. And yes, Millar is writting it. I'm also tempted to pick up back issues of his Nemesis.
    I believe it starts next issue. As for nemesis, that was shown in CLiNT too, they just finished it this issue (#5) actually. Not the best strip I've read, but I quite enjoyed it. If you're thinking of grabbing back issues, you might want to get the GN instead though. According to Amazon it comes out on 23 of this month. (Mind you it says it's 'in stock' too which seems a bit of a contradiction.)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'll pick up the HC of Nemesis once I clear the 'to be read' pile first.

Someone on here please tell me they're reading The Unwritten. I'm not going to be as bold as to say it's as good as Sandman but dammit, it's up there. I'm actually more emotionally attached to The Unwritten but that might be because I've been reading it since the first issue. I have never read a single Harry Potter book but based on what little I saw in the movies, I'd say Unwritten is somewhere between Sandman and Harry Potter and a healthy dose of bloodshed and murder.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Picked up a few GC's Thursday :

Scalped Vol. 2
    The Unwritten Vol. 2
    Preacher Vol. 4

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I've been reading Unwritten. I am a few issues behind right now. I like it a lot, but it has nothing on Sandman in my opinion.

feev, all excellent choices.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Like I said, I've been with Unwritten from the start so maybe that's why. I think the final showdown will depend on how long Unwritten goes and how big will that universe get.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I've been reading Unwritten. I am a few issues behind right now. I like it a lot, but it has nothing on Sandman in my opinion.

feev, all excellent choices.
    Most certainly not. Sandman is the greatest GC series ever, IMHO. It was my gateway into the wonderful world of saga-esque graphic novels.

Like I said, I've been with Unwritten from the start so maybe that's why. I think the final showdown will depend on how long Unwritten goes and how big will that universe get.
    It depends. The universes of some series are so expansive that they can keep going even after it's principal end-game antagonist has been dispatched. Take Fables for example - the final issue should have been - in a conventional sense - the toppling of the empire and the downfall of the Emperor, but that universe is so rich in mythology and texture that the writers have taken it above and beyond. As long as the talent and will is there, and as long as it doesn't feel like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas, some series can go on for a long, long time.

Country
    Country Flag

Point form response:

1) Most important point. I'm glad this corner is getting a little action. I wish more people took part in keeping threads active and interesting.

2) I've never read Fables. I always mean to start but than my money gets tied into something else (Vampirella... yowza!). If I do start reading Fables, I want to start with deluxe hardcovers because those look really nice.

3) If you truly want to see what an expanded comic/movie/whatever universe looks like, I suggest Star Wars comics. The hole is bottomless because at any given time, there are 3 different storylines coming out. A lot of people think SW stuff is silly but there are some really good writters and stories. The Thrawn Trilogy is a fine example. Dark Empire 1 and 2 etc. I have around 50 SW trades and yeah some are awful but most are great and follow continuity.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started Scalped. I'm really enjoying it so far. I've been meaning to start this for forever (hey Chris ) but never got around to it. I wish I hadn't decided to start it the day before I start my new job It's awesome so far.

I start reading Unwritten in the summer, but haven't gotten around to picking it up again. I really need to get back into it.

Fernando- Is this your first time reading Preacher? I think I've asked you this before but can't remember.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You mean is this my first read through ? If so, then yes. It's a great series.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I meant. I couldn't remember if you'd read the whole thing already. It's one of my favorites.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's awesome, but then again, virtually anything that Vertigo does is awesome.

Hey , have you heard of / read The Invisibles by Grant Morrison ?

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read them, but we have them at my house and I always mean to start. They're sort of down on my list of things people want me to read, though. I think after Scalped it's a toss up between trying to start Fables or The Invisibles.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fables and The Invisibles ? ♥ They're both in my top 5 GC series of all time. If I had to choose one, I'd probably go with Fables. Fables is currently 14 (and counting) Vols. long, while TI is only 7. They're completely different, but you can't go wrong with either.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    I just started Scalped. I'm really enjoying it so far. I've been meaning to start this for forever (hey Chris ) but never got around to it. I wish I hadn't decided to start it the day before I start my new job It's awesome so far.

I start reading Unwritten in the summer, but haven't gotten around to picking it up again. I really need to get back into it.

Fernando- Is this your first time reading Preacher? I think I've asked you this before but can't remember.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

I am reading Batman Adventures currently. It is nice comics and so interesting.

Stream Movies Online
    Watch Full Movies Online

This thread keeps showing up on new posts, even though there isn't a new post. I am posting again just to see if it takes it off the list.

Right now, I am reading House of Mystery is amazing. Abel and Goldie from Neil Gaiman's Sandman just showed up in the issue that I am on.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

That kept happening for me too, and I know someone with the same name as the person who it said posted last, so I thought maybe they had blocked me. I suppose not, though.

Abel and Goldie?! I wanna read that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    That kept happening for me too, and I know someone with the same name as the person who it said posted last, so I thought maybe they had blocked me. I suppose not, though.

Abel and Goldie?! I wanna read that!
    There are a bunch of versions of House of Mystery. This is the 2008 Vertigo version. I am really enjoying it so far. Here is a little Synopsis thing that doesn't give too much away:
    I'll put up a spoiler just in case people want to go into it knowing nothing about the story.

Spoiler:

Cain (of Cain and Abel) attempts to return to the House of Mystery, his home in the Dreaming, and finds that it has disappeared. Meanwhile, in Texas, a former architecture student named Bethany "Fig" Keeler flees her burning house, saving only a handful of sketches she once made of a house from her dreams. Keeler is pursued by a "Pair of the Conception", agents of an entity known as the "Omneity"; they are two people, a male and a female, always holding hands. If they let go of one another, they will disappear. The pair chases her through a door and unwittingly into the House of Mystery, where she meets the inhabitants of the house bar and discovers the terms of what is apparently her imprisonment. Everyone must pay for their drinks with stories, and no one can leave without being picked up by the house's mysterious coachman. None of the house's occupants are sure why some people might get to leave and others not, so each person's stay is at least ostensibly eternal until the coachman inexplicably turns up to take them away. This doesn't stop some of the inhabitants from trying to get out, nor does it stop Cain from attempting to get back in

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally picked up the last vol of Morrison's The Invisibles. I'm both excited and saddened to reach the end of this particular journey, but all good things must come to an end.

I need a new series to get hooked on. Chris, I'm thinking of starting the Constantine series ...

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Finally picked up the last vol of Morrison's The Invisibles. I'm both excited and saddened to reach the end of this particular journey, but all good things must come to an end.

I need a new series to get hooked on. Chris, I'm thinking of starting the Constantine series ...

I really enjoy it. It's a long journey, though. haha. I think there are 275 issues of Hellblazer right now.

Country
    Country Flag

I have quite a backlog of trades to go through: Swamp Thing HC vol.3, BPRD oversized HC vol. 1, AIR 4, DMZ and Scalped latest trades.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just started on the first 3 issues of Age of X today. Its interesting. Espedially the new take on Scott Summers. But I'm not completely sold yet. I do like the Gambit charcter design . . . He kinda looks like "Metal Gear" Gambit. Haha
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Country
    Country Flag

DMZ down, rest still to go.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I had started DMZ, I believe I made it as far as the 4th TPB, but then it became too predictable, formulaic, and dull. I might go back to finish it someday out of some blind sense of responsibility, but I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast