Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Dark Tower: Treachery, starting in Sept

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default The Dark Tower: Treachery, starting in Sept

(Read down a little for the title of the third series -- bv)

In 2007, Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born topped sales charts with the release of its first groundbreaking issue, inspired by Stephen King’s renowned Dark Tower novels. Helmed by an all-star creative team including Peter David, Robin Furth, Jae Lee, Richard Isanove and Chris Eliopoulos, Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born #1 ushered in midnight comic store openings, drove many readers to comic stores for the first time and was hailed as a classic by fans & critics alike. Marvel is proud to announce that the follow-up series has done the same, as Dark Tower: The Long Road Home #1 debuted as the #1 comic in March!

“The response to Stephen King’s Dark Tower comic book series has been phenomenal,” says Ruwan Jayatilleke, Vice President of Development, Marvel Entertainment, Inc. Creating compelling graphic fiction such as this is no mean feat. Marvel would like to thank not only the creative team for its inspired efforts and incredible perseverance but also the readers and retailers for supporting this epic series and being so vocal about it!”

“Dark Tower comics represent a creative perfect storm of sorts, and I can't imagine future installments without every last one of them,” raved Jesse Schedeen of IGN.Com. “Jae Lee's vision of Mid-World is beautiful and terrifying and ethereal all at once. Richard Isanove continues to prove he might well be the best colorist in the industry.”

Adam Chapman of ComixTreme.Com echoed these sentiments, saying, “I'm immensely intrigued and enjoying this series, and can't wait for the next issue to see what happens next.”

The action and excitement continue in Dark Tower: The Long Road Home #2, on-sale now, and Dark Tower: The Long Road Home #3, on sale this May! Plus, don’t miss Dark Tower: Treachery #1, arriving in September following the exciting conclusion of The Long Road Home!

Plus, don’t miss Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born Premiere HC, collecting the first sold-out limited series that was a national best-seller and topped critics’ charts as one of the best comics of 2007!

For more on Dark Tower, please visit http://www.stephenking.com and http://www.marvel.com/darktower

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Some more new tales!!!

John

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Nice! Thanks for clueing us in on the name for the third series Bev! Its great to know The Long Road Home is continuing the success of The Gunslinger Born.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bev. It is wonderful to look forward to the next series.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely anything that brings the Tower to more people is great news.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Thanks for keeping us informed, Bev!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*SQUEE*

Thanks for the info, Bev!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Now I'm already excited about the next series.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower: Treachery
    I love the sound of that title!

This is great news and I love the fact that we get to hear things like this when they are available. Thanks Bev
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Now I'm wondering how many are going to be in this series. I'm hoping it'll be 7 or 8 instead of 5.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

AWESOME!!
    Thanks Bev.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The original plan, as I recall, was for a total of 30 issues in five series divided 7, 5, 6, 6, 6.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Bev is right. Here is what was said earlier:

Marvel will do five batches of Dark Tower comics. The first one will be released next year and contain seven issues (later published collected in a hardcover). Of the other four batched one will contain five issues and the other three six issues. However, this may change as the comics evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The original plan, as I recall, was for a total of 30 issues in five series divided 7, 5, 6, 6, 6.
    Yeah, now that you mention it I remember that. Sounds great.

Gunslinger Apprentice aurora is on a distinguished road aurora's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Exciting to hear. VERY EXCITING! From the title I bet
    Spoiler:
    part of it deals with Roland , mom and bang, bang.
    Plus I hope its starts leading up to the battle of Jericho hill.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

saweet title!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

mmmm...treachery