Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Using movie quotes IRL situations

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

"Ohmygod! That was the greatest fucking story I've ever heard in my entire life! No seriously, can you tell it again? Do you have time?" from Superbad.

and "Is it dead?" from Boondock Saints when they accidently shoot his girlfriend's cat.

(I just realized I use a LOT of movie quotes in my daily life...)
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

When I get mercilessly bombarded with questions *coughamanda* I use Benicio Del Toro's line from Sin City "No questions, troops! No questions!"

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

A-hole

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

My husband rolled his eyes at me yesterday when I used this one after we finished cleaning up the house. He was bragging about how he was allegedly working earlier than me.

So, I quoted Shaun of the Dead.
    "There is no 'I' in team......But there is an 'I' in pie, in Meat Pie. The anagram for meat is team."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And did he get the ref.?

I think so... ( I mean I hope so )
    But he wasn't as amused as I was.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha, I say that all the time at work. Sadly not everyone gets it. And with all my co-wprkers being American, if they don't get it, they are also confused by the concept of meat-pie.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh i thought of another one. my family loves the movie Anger Management, so now everytime someone leaves the room when we're watching a movie we go "hey you're missing important plot points!" and we also say "gooosfraba" when trying to calm down (comically lol)

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I use that Anger Management quote too! I love the way Nicholson says it

Another good one from that movie, and one of my personal favorites "Jibber Jabber, Jibber Jabber, Mumbo Jumbo, Denial, Key, Key, Key, Key"

Country
    Country Flag

Jack Nicholson is truly the Man!... and not the one that everyone is afraid of... although maybe they should be.. he is the King of Hollywood..

i can't think of anymore but i'm sure i will once i watch another movie.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The other day I was discussing something with my brother, I forgot what the topic was, but he was slightly offended at what I told him and I used Nicholson's line in AM "I never thought you'd take it this way."

Country
    Country Flag

lol i thought of another one.
    when my sister and i were younger... and sometimes still even now.... and someone would turn on the lights when it was dark or we'd walk outside after being in all day we'd squeal "Bright light! Bright light!!!" like Gizmo from Gremlins

Okay since I work in the office at an animal clinic, I have a lot of moments where people will tell me that their pets 'had an accident' in the lobby. I usually ask: "Number 1 or number 2?"....I can never say this without turning around and quoting Austin Powers: "Who does number 2 work for?"

Come to think of it..anytime someone mentions the number two, I have the urge to use that quote.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    No one can say anything about a wire hanger without me saying: "No Wire Hangers!!"
    my mom does that one lol and i was putting some of Nigel's clothes away and had an almost irrepressible urge to say it...

What about those moments when you really really want to use a quote but know that it will be a total waste because you're talking to a moron?
    Earlier today my co-worker was asking me if I remembered a drink that she used to drink years ago. I'm looking at her and shaking my head with this confused "I don't know" look.
    And I'm thinking: "Why the fuck would I know that? Look at me lady, I don't even know where I am most of the time."

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

What about those moments when you really really want to use a quote but know that it will be a total waste because you're talking to a moron?
    You just described my entire life outside my home.
    It's one of the best things about my wife. She gets all my references.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And I'm thinking: "Why the fuck would I know that? Look at me lady, I don't even know where I am most of the time."

The other day someone asked me somethign about Religion, and I did that wide eyed stare that Jay gives Bethany :" We got the only Jesus freak!"

My dog does this 'neck stretch' thing where she points her nose upward and stretches. Every single time I see her do it, I either say or think to myself:
    From Shaun of the Dead: "And Big Al says dogs can't look up."

I use a lot of lines from that movie, come to think of it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was speaking with this dispatcher from a trucking company that we use, and I needed him to give me overdue invoice numbers. He said
    "Can I call you back later? I'm really backed up with my work."
    "Well I really need the numbers, can't you spare a few minutes?"
    "Hmm...no, sorry."
    So then I ""jokingly"" said "Well, I guess you won't be getting any new delivery orders from us." Then he started laughing and said that I won - I had the strong urge to quote that strip club manager from Kill Bill 2 : "Fucking with your cash, is the only thing you kids seem to understand!"

Once again, another moment yesterday when I was dying to use a movie quote:
    I was training a new guy at work named 'Diego'. Well, anytime I thought of his name, I was reminded of the scene in Anchorman where they are discussing where the name San Diego comes from.

Ron Burgundy: "It means a whales vagina"

I 'so' wanted to ask if his name meant whale's vagina.

Gunslinger Apprentice dori is on a distinguished road dori's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i can't think of any movie quotes at the mo even though i'm sure i use loads, but i do use quite a lot of quotes from the comedy show the mighty boosh. Like when my sister is pissing me off i usually say ''isa in no way related to you bwoy, yous is ugally bugally!''

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Every time the man farts, I can't help but bust out singing "WHO'S THE BOOM KING?!"

And if he happens to be out on the balcony (or the deck, depending on where we're at), I have to sing "Whatcha' doin' out there, man?"

Both Flight of the Conchords songs.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

I may have already posted this, but oh well...I used it just a little while ago.
    Whenever I or someone else says: "You know what I want.."
    I have to quote Half Baked and say: "I wanna talk to Sampson."

This one just sort of came out the other day without me even thinking about quoting a movie. My co-worker said something about needing a dictionary to look up definitions of words when reading a Stephen King book. I turned to him and said:
    "Boy, what are you stupid or something?"

Country
    Country Flag

wow...

this isn't a movie quote but a TV one; occasionally i'll just go into this Cartman rant "I do what i want!!" it makes me laugh so much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast