Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Using movie quotes IRL situations

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

My kids just saw that part of the movie the other day.

They were like “Oh! That’s where that line came from?”
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    After a cat scratched my arm at work..
    "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood. Nobody."
    My 9 year old, says this quote all of the time! It never gets old!

Actually, anytime anyone says the word "Necessary", I always repeat it as a question just like Patches does before he smacks the kid in the face with a wrench.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I was venting to my sister about my hatred toward The Weather Channel during severe weather.

"They have this stupid thing called Torcon, which basically tells you your odds of experiencing a tornado. I don't want to know if I'm in a Torcon 7 area, meaning I have a 7 out of 10 chance of a tornado hitting me. I'm like Han Solo 'Never tell me the odds!' "

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Did she get the reference?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yeah, she did.

I mean, I'd have to disown her if she didn't.

Me to Jacob when he was going to try to open a pack of crayons:

"Do or do not. There is no try."

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

We were driving to the mall the other day and my wife says “Park over there, there’s a sale at Penny’s.”

I started laughing and she asked me what was so funny. I told her that she just quoted a line from Airplane! She gave me a confused look. So I had to explain the whole scene to her.
    [reading newspaper headlines]
    Rex Kramer: Passengers certain to die!
    Steve McCroskey: Airline negligent.
    Johnny: There's a sale at Penney's!
    She didn’t see the humor in it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

I was shopping for plants yesterday. I can never ever browse the shrubbery section without wanting to quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "We want...a shrubbery!"

I really hated that there was no one around to say it to. I had to text my sister and tell her instead.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

People not getting clever movie references are the worst

Well, and I was shopping alone, so had I just blurted out that movie quote to one of the employees, they probably would have just thought I was a nut.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This isn't a movie quote per se, but it falls in with the spirit of the thread...

So for those of whom have seen Donnie Brasco - you know the part where Lefty is breaking parking meters open with the hammer to extract the quarters? Well me and all my siblings have adopted this scene IRL to let us know whenever a sensitive topic is being broached and we should cease all talks of it.

For example, say we're hanging out with a member of the extended family and him or her recently broke up with their significant other, and if one of us didn't know it was going on we'd warn that person with a text (or an under the breath comment) "Parking Meter" so that we'd know to stop talking about it.

I can't remember the exact situation, it was a few years ago, but my sister slyly called out to me from across the room "Hey, did you remember to put quarters in the PARKING METER? (intense eyes)" hahaha!

One of the advantages of growing up watching an ungodly amount of films with your siblings!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Whenever someone talks during a movie, I feel like busting a Jack Nicholson in Anger Management -

"For God's sake, you're missing important plot points!"

A weird customer walked out of the clinic. I said "She's out of our haaair."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
    A weird customer walked out of the clinic. I said "She's out of our haaair."
    CAN IT WAZOWSKI.

Omg that reminds me; the lady in accounting is a bitter old prune like Roz. Whenever she asks us for our expense reports, I feel like saying "Oh that darn paperwork. Wouldn't it be nice if it all just... blew awayyyyyy"

Do it.

Whenever I use the words "It was", I say it just like Ralphie in A Christmas Story.

"It, it twas, soap poisoning."

We've got this piece of crap copier/fax machine at work that's always being a jerk, so I pretty much quote Office Space on a daily basis "PC load letter?! What the fuck does that mean?" as I'm pressing buttons.

I got my wife to unknowingly quote Bad Santa a few weeks ago. When I'm hungry I'm perfectly happy with a lunch meat sandwich. Just some bologna or ham on white bread and I'm good. My wife doesn't like them for some reason. So one day when we were discussing what we wanted to eat I said "I could make some sandwiches." She replied with "What's with you and the fucking sandwiches?!?"

The fact that she had no idea why I started cracking up made it even funnier.

Whenever I cook/eat/mention rolls, I have to quote Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

"A roll is a roll and a toll is a toll. If we don't get no tolls, then we don't eat no rolls."

Not so much a movie quote, but a movie reference..

One of the vets at my work brings his dog to work every day and he hangs out in the office with us. There's a baby gate at the end of the hallway leading into the office and when he approached the other side this morning wanting me to get up and let him in, I said "Come on, you can get through that. Just like the T-100 slipped through that gate in Terminator 2. I believe in you."

[helicopter flies over my work]

Coworker: That sounds like a helicopter right over top of us.
    Me: You wanna see helicopters? I'll show you helicopters.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Every time we come home, Rose opens the screen door and says, "Hold the dooooooor!"

So I sometimes post on a lost/found pet page on facebook when the need arises , but I am always careful to never tell people that I work at a local animal clinic because I don't want them knowing that detail. So I logged on today to see that someone from an animal rescue we work with sent me a friend request. I immediately felt like Doc Brown in Back to the Future: "Oh my god, they found me. I don't know how, but they did."

Whenever I say no, but I don't mean it, I say it like Mitch in Dirty Work.

http://youtu.be/Sqj803KC3T4?t=1m5s

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got to use the following Men in Black quote. My (now) former co worker, who started her new job this week, texted me the following

Her: It's so boring and quiet here! So used to all the noise from the office.
    Me: In a few days you'll get used to it... or you'll have a psychotic episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast