Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Songs that you will forever associate with other mediums

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I realized recently that I can't hear "Don't Fear the Reaper" without picturing Christopher Walken and Will Ferrel and more cowbell.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Even the Elliot Smith cover?

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Even the Elliot Smith cover?
    That's a little different, I don't even think of John Lennon when I hear Elliott do "jealous man." He just commands your full ear, you know?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Whenever I hear that "Total Eclipse of the Heart" it reminds me of Old School.
    I can't help but hear the band performing it at the wedding: "Cause I see the fucking look in your eyes."

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I saw a commercial on tv earlier and one of the songs was "Saturday In The Park" by Chicago. That song always makes me think of Little Nicky.
    When Nicky plays the album backwards and the lyrics are: "I command you in the name of Lucifer to spread the blood of the innocent."

F'n classic.

....."Chicago kicks ass."

"It's a Beautiful Morning" will always make me think of Kingpin. The scene where the song comes in on the alarm clock, then his hook hand comes down on it.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"I Like to Move It" will always remind me of funny animals stranded on a small island of the coast of africa.... and later stranded on africa itself!

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Police Truck by Dead Kennedy's always makes me want to play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for the Nintendo 64.

*nostalgia*

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Too Drunk to Fuck by The Dead Kennedys always reminds me of Hellblazer.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

when i hear monestary singing, i think of lord of the rings.
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZe9OtFNt_8"]YouTube - Heard It Through The Grapevine- Creedence Clearwater Revival[/ame]

This will ALWAYS remind me of my dad (RIP). He had a voice that was a combination of CCR and Big Bopper... except it was better than both. I really wish we had taped him singing.
    Anyways, I remember my dad singing this song, and today as I was driving our car I felt like he was there with me.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nick Drake's Pink - car commercials (Saturn, I think).

Damn.

Oh, and LH - Music Box Dancer was my dad's all-time favorite tune. Gan only knows why. He was a total freak about it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Dag, you gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That plays at Holiday all the time, and in fact, I used to have a sesamee street toy when I was a toddler that played that tune!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Pink or Music Box Dancer?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Worried

Music Box Dancer! LOL

So I will forever associate the song with being a kid in the floor playing with toddler toys! LOL

My Mood
    Worried

I also associate that "I'll stop the world and melt with you song" with tacoes now.

My Mood
    Worried

And that "double vision" song with Burger along with "i believe in miracles; what is wrong? you sexy thing"...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Music Box Dancer - we had the 45 (records, the dark ages )

I think my dad wore that one out. That will always remind me of him.

My Mood
    Worried

It's nice to have strong memories....

My Mood
    Worried

"Blister in the Sun" and "melt with you" will always remind me of Wendy's working there...

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    time after time reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite.
    Most def.

For me, any song off Staind's Break The Cycle reminds me of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, as that's what I was listening to when I first read JtHM.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World reminds me of being in my carseat, eating McDonalds' french fries in time to the song.

Old Time Rock & Roll reminds me of my dad.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I associate Losing My Religion by REM with Orwells' 1984, the first time i heard was when i was reading that and it just fit that story really well
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

everybody hurts by REM will always be associated with a trip to the beach last year with a couple buds of mine

it was one of those moments when the song comes on and noone goes to change the station, so we all kinda hesitate while listening...then one by one we began to sing the song

pretty soon we were all getting really.. and i mean borderline grabbing each other and screaming...into the song, riding down the interstate. what we neglected to realize was that some reallllllllly hott women had driven up beside us and were laughing their asses off. all i remember is trying to salvage our manliness by mooning them, then askin them to pull over so we could try and get their numbers. needless to say, they didn't oblige lol
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Any Muse song that I listen to reminds me of the Watchmen trailers.

My Mood
    Worried

Addicted to Love always reminds me of my husband. His real name is Doug so I change the love part to Doug..

"You like to think you're immune to this stuff
    closer to the truth is saying
    you can't get enough
    you know you're gonna have to face it
    you're addicted to Doug."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast