Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Songs that you will forever associate with other mediums

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

"Thunderstruck" by AC/DC and "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" by Steam will be forever linked to White Sox baseball for me.

Also the "He's a pirate" song they made a montage out of after they won the World Series in 2005.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

My Ipod was on shuffle earlier and "You're My Best Friend" by Queen started playing. The beginning of that song will always make me picture Shaun and Ed in the shack playing video games at the end of Shaun of The Dead.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Afternoon delight i will always associate with Anchorman.

War Pigs by Black Sabbath i always associated with GH2

Free bird, Rusty Cage, Slow Ride, Barracuda, Mother and a bunch of other songs i can't remember with GTA San Andreas

Heaven and Hell by Black Sabbath with GTA IV
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Afternoon delight i will always associate with Anchorman.
    Yes! I don't know how I forgot that one.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Barracuda, Mother and a bunch of other songs i can't remember with GTA San Andreas
    Isn't Barracuda from Vice City?

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No Feev, it's on K-DST on SA, that reminds me:

Billie Jean, You got another thing comin', Video killed the Radio Star, 2 minutes to midnight remind me of Vice City.

White room, Crimson King, Terror Train, Gunslinger, Seize the Day, All by Demons And Wizards, reminds me of Oblivion and The Dark Tower.
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No Feev, it's on K-DST on SA, that reminds me:
    You are %100 correct.

I was listening to the Stones a bit ago and realized how many of their songs remind me of movies. I know I already posted Gimme Shelter/Goodfellas. But I forgot about:

Time Is On My Side will always always make me think of Fallen

Paint It Black reminds me of Stir Of Echoes

And recently...Jumpin Jack Flash reminds me of a movie that plays only in my head

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

And recently...Jumpin Jack Flash reminds me of a movie that plays only in my head

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Push It by Garbage always reminds of playing Final Fantasy 7 when I was younger, it always seemed to come on the radio when I was playing lol

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I bet I know the protagonists/antagonists

I heard I've Been Everywhere by Cash the other day, and it reminded me of my high school days when I used to ditch to my friends house, get drunk and play pool. He has Cash's greatest hits CD and often had that song on repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

I have the sneaking supsicion that you do.

If we are gonna list songs that make us think of certain parts of our life, I could go on forever....
    Weezer's Pinkerton album will always make me think of being 15 years old at Christmas time, in my bedroom that smelled like strawberry incense, plotting out a proper way to break up with my boyfriend because he couldn't kiss and wore tight jeans.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

The Gypsy Kings' version of Hotel California will forever remind me of the scene in The Big Lebowski when Jesus is introduced in his fantastic purple outfit.

Especially now that I watched the movie in the theater last night. I've had the song stuck in my head all day.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

I have the sneaking supsicion that you do.

If we are gonna list songs that make us think of certain parts of our life, I could go on forever....
    Weezer's Pinkerton album will always make me think of being 15 years old at Christmas time, in my bedroom that smelled like strawberry incense, plotting out a proper way to break up with my boyfriend because he couldn't kiss and wore tight jeans.
    I had that album when I was sixteen and damned if it doesn't remind me of all sorts of stuff, though I can't say I had a boyfriend who couldn't kiss. Great fucking album.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Needle in the Hay always makes me think of The Royal Tenenbaums.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Needle in the Hay always makes me think of The Royal Tenenbaums.
    No shit, I'm listening to that right now and clicked on this thread to type just that.

I'm listening to G n R's "It's So Easy" and I cannot hear this song without thinking of celebrating my b-day a year or two ago with my sister. I remember being drunk off jello shooters, and dancing around my kitchen. More specifically, I remember doing the Axl Rose sway because it cracked my sis up.
    Good times...good times.

I'm listening to G n R's "It's So Easy" and I cannot hear this song without thinking of celebrating my b-day a year or two ago with my sister. I remember being drunk off jello shooters, and dancing around my kitchen. More specifically, I remember doing the Axl Rose sway because it cracked my sis up.
    Good times...good times.
    Please post a video of you doing the Axl Rose sway.

There is no video of it. (Plus, I need to be drunk....well, usually)
    Funny thing though....I do like to randomly do the Axl Rose scream instead of answering "yeah' to something. I don't have to be drunk for that one, just exceptionally silly.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Shes lying, there is a video, she sent it to me last week.

Well ,that's the LAST one I send you.

There is only one...I repeat ONE drunk video of me, and my sister has it under lock and key.

And only me, my sis, and my mom have seen it.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

in "Now Playing" Monte was listening to "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green and I cannot hear that song without thinking of the scene with Marsellus and Butch discussing their arrangement in Pulp Fiction. That scene has one of the best lines of the whole movie in it ...

Marsellus - "Boxers don't have an Old Timer's Day."

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think of that movie too when I listen to that song. Though I don't have the memory for the scene as you do.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I think of that movie too when I listen to that song. Though I don't have the memory for the scene as you do.
    It comes from watching that movie obsessively for years. There are very few movies I've seen more times.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"We Used to be Friends" by the Dandy Warhols makes me think of Veronica Mars and the idiocy of the CW for canceling it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast