Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Songs that you will forever associate with other mediums

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

"Hurricane" by Bob Dylan always reminds me of Dazed and Confused.
    Along with TONS of other songs.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A son [Alex, 18] of one of the friends of the family died last May. We went to his open-casket viewing, and one of his siblings put together a video of him playing his saxophone, playing soccer, and other hobbies of his, and one of the songs that played during the video was Yellow by Coldplay.

I listened to it today in the morning for the first time since the viewing, and it reminded me of it ...

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Aw, Feev.

I was thinking earlier today that Blink 182 always reminds me of when I was in grades 4 to 7, so whenever I listen to Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch, I just go back in time.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I can never hear Sarah McLachlan's I Will Remember You without thinking of the victims of the Columbine attack. Never.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ever since watching Withnail and I, it's impossible to listen to Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Chile without it bringing a smile to my face. Here's why:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-GGEJRz6So"]YouTube - I'm making time! (Shakespeare a colazione - Withnail & I)[/ame]

"I'm making time!"

As for the song Life on Mars? by David Bowie, i'll always associate that with the sheer epicness of the beginning of the UK series! A simple beginning, but epic, nonetheless.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was at the theaters last week, and one of the trailers for a film titled 'The Crazies' had Mad World by Gary Jules - that song still makes me think of Donnie Darko. Time for a rewatch, me thinks

Gunslinger Apprentice pinkymcfatfat is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

If Foreigner is played on the radio or even mentioned in conversation, it makes me want a "Belt of Foreigner Power".

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Im listening to Soul Asylum's "Misery" right now. It always makes me think of the end of Clerks II. When everything reverts to black and white.
    The best part of the movie imo.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I've got a few that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

"Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve reminds me of the ending of Cruel Intentions.

Frank Sinatra's "Love and Marriage" will always be the theme song to Married With Children.

"I've Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher reminds me of Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.

This one is random but "In the House of Stone and Light" by Martin Page reminds me of when I worked at a KB Toys when I was a teenager. Mostly because the radio station played the song 8 times in one day.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Livin' on the Edge" (Aerosmith) reminds me I should be dead, it was the most destructive time of my life.
    I still love the song, especially since I'm long gone from the destructive point.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

I was in the car yesterday when Black Sabbath's Paranoid came on the radio. I cannot hear that song without thinking of the scene in Dazed and Confused where the group of seniors is chasing down Hirschfelder.

Than again, there is a lot of music that reminds me of that movie. A LOT.

Gunslinger Apprentice chucknbuck will become famous soon enough chucknbuck's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dazed and Confused is brilliant on so many levels.

"Lean on me" reminds me generally of loss, a response that my Dad always had and it rubbed off on me. I usually switch the station when it comes on, reminds me of a particular tough day in our family. I also can not listen to "sarah" by Fleetwood Mac for a related reason.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't listen to Jumping Jack Flash and not think of those final moments in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas...

"Just another freak, in the freak kingdom."

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gary Jules - Mad World

<3 Gears of War

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    Gary Jules - Mad World

<3 Gears of War

+

Donnie Darko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6