Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Songs that you will forever associate with other mediums

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Songs that you will forever associate with other mediums

So, I'm sitting here listening to Guns N' Rose's - You could be mine, and scenes from Terminator 2 keep popping into my head

We all have songs that remind us of other things - probably because they made an 'appearance' in them, be it movies or video games and such, so I ask you, what are they? Here is a short list of songs that remind me of other mediums, and I'm sure I'll post more as they come to me-

*Also, if a particular song reminds you of something else and does not appear in said medium , please post why that song reminds you of it, thanks!

-George Thorgood & The Destroyers - Bad to the bone - Terminator 2
    -Guns N' Roses - You Could Be mine - : Terminator 2
    -Rolling Stones - Paint It BLack - : Twisted Metal Black (PS2)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I just posted earlier that "Foxy Lady" by Jimi Hendrix will always remind me of the Garth/ donut shop scene in Wayne's World.

There are definitely more to list.....

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

"Like a Rock" by Bob Seger has now become forever associated with Chevy. Godamn them.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

"Dancing With Myself"- Billy Idol
    Reminds me of the movie Can't Buy Me Love

"Hey Joe" by Jimi Hendrix always makes me think of the scene in Forrest Gump where Forrest starts beating the crap out of Jenny's boyfriend.

Man...I could go on forever

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah! Jimi Hendrix! Thanks for the reminder , Girly-love

Jimi Hendrix – Voodoo Child – Payback (w/ Mel Gibson)
    Ray Charles – Alabamy Bound - Dogma

Rolling Stones "Paint It Black" reminds me of Stir of Echoes

"My Sharona" makes me think of Reality Bites

My God Feev......why did you ever get me started on this?

Ween's "Push The Little Daisies" will always make me think of Beavis and Butthead

I forgot to say: Guns N Roses "You Could Be Mine" will always be associated with T2 for me as well.

Killing in the Name of by Rage will always be associated with Guitar Hero 2 for me. It was the first song I beat on hard.

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    It was the first song I beat on hard.
    OH! That's what he said!

Okay...moving on.

Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" also reminds me of Wayne's World.

"Time" by Pink Floyd will always be associated with Mike Muldonado's skateboard part in Toy Machine's Jump Off A Building.

Same with the Who's "Baba O Reiley" and Jami Thomas' part in Misled Youth.

Also Cream's "White Room" and Jeremy Wray's part in Plan B's Second Hand Smoke.

[quote=Girlystevedave;152136]
    Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    It was the first song I beat on hard.
    That's what he said!
    Okay...moving on.

that's great. I wish somebody else had said it so I could sig it. Thanks for catching that.

Metallica's "Sanitarium" will always be associated with pain. It was the first song I learned on real guitar when I was 14. I remember my fingers bleeding.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Way to make me spit out my drink thru the nose Ryan!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Every time I find a good piece of coast off the beaten path I hear Toad the Wet Sproket's "Walk on the Ocean."

"We spotted the ocean..."

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Way to make me spit out my drink thru the nose Ryan!
    I'm glad Amanda caught it.

Yeah...
    (Breathes hot air on nails.....polishes nails on shirt)

Run DMC always reminds me of the Thrasher video game for PS 1.

666- by Iron Maiden or is it called, "Mark of the Beast"? Whatever, always makes me think of Tony Hawk 4.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

"Somewhere over the rainbow" will always be linked to Salad Fingers for me, Laura showed me that site and I love it!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

I suppose cooking is a medium. I always think of "Lose Yourself" by Eminem when I have some shitty spaghetti, even if it isn't "mom's."

"Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones ~ Goodfellas

Fernando...

Now when I hear "Time after Time" I always think of that stupid Romey and Michelle movie.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

time after time reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Oh yeah! Me too actually.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast