Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help finding out who this is from

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Default Need help finding out who this is from

I have a request..I am trying to find out who the artist is on this piece from Wolves of the Calla, but can't.

Does anyone recognize it?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

No, but that is truly an amazing piece of work.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I have a request..I am trying to find out who the artist is on this piece from Wolves of the Calla, but can't.

Does anyone recognize it?

I don't know either but DAMN! Thats awesome!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen that before and I absolutely love it!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ditto... I just searched through the first thirty something pages of google image search. I'll let you know if I find anything.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Karen, where did you find that bad-boy?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn! That is good. Best "Wolves" shot I have ever seen.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I have searched, google, yahoo, ask.com and can't find out who it is.

We got it from a Swedish publisher looking for permission to use it for a cover. But we can't give permission for something we don't own, so we are trying to find out WHO owns it! LOL

I have been looking for HOURS!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been searching Russian (cyrillic) part of the Internet - no luck so far, either

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Lurking

stupid people, I wonder where they found it? I think I will have Robert ask and search backwards from there.

It is pretty, isn't it?!?!?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Deviant art, maybe?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I think your right Dag, I could swear I remember this being a peice of fan art.

I've got to say that is up there in my top tier of best Dark Tower fan artwork I've seen.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm in there looking now but not having a lot of success.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That is awesome.

No idea who it is though. But damn. Wow.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gunslinger Apprentice jos is on a distinguished road jos's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lilja (of Liljas library) posted that picture on his Swedish forum, it looks like it's going to be the cover of DT5 over here. I don't know if you can see this page without being logged in.. but it's basically just the picture with letters on it and Lilja's post translates to something like this: The cover is out now. It's not the American one as expected, but the Norwegian one. Looks pretty good if you ask me.

He posted this on April 8.

It's not much, but maybe there's a lead? I tried googling both the Swedish and Norwegian names of the book, but I didn't find anything. Maybe because I'm not a very good googler. Good luck!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the best piece of info we have had so far, thanks jos.

And I can see the pic just fine by clicking the link so guests must be good to go.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Great for artwork in the book, but as the cover? It gives too much away about the look of the wolves.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Not really CK.

Spoiler:
    Neither the horses or wolves look robotic, and you can't see the radar dish on top of the heads. The sabers and sneetches, ehh...

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Lilja (of Liljas library) posted that picture on his Swedish forum, it looks like it's going to be the cover of DT5 over here. I don't know if you can see this page without being logged in.. but it's basically just the picture with letters on it and Lilja's post translates to something like this: The cover is out now. It's not the American one as expected, but the Norwegian one. Looks pretty good if you ask me.

He posted this on April 8.

It's not much, but maybe there's a lead? I tried googling both the Swedish and Norwegian names of the book, but I didn't find anything. Maybe because I'm not a very good googler. Good luck!
    Woo Hoo, gonna email Lilja now.

Thanks a bunch everyone. I looked all day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Not really CK.

Spoiler:
    Neither the horses or wolves look robotic, and you can't see the radar dish on top of the heads. The sabers and sneetches, ehh...

I didn't say anything about giving away the fact that they are
    Spoiler:
    robots
    , just give away what they look like. Also, if you look closely at the main horse it does
    Spoiler:
    look robotic, there is a big gear indicated on its leg.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Do you think its more revealing than the picture that's already in the book,
    Spoiler:
    that wolf gets hit by a Riza

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Great for artwork in the book, but as the cover? It gives too much away about the look of the wolves.

My Mood
    Lurking

Mystery has been solved!

The artist is Steve Stone and he produced this piece for the Japanese edition! Link to his site: http://www.nexus-dna.demon.co.uk/main_index.html

Thanks so much to all who helped.

I will leave this open and close it at the end of the day today.

This gentleman has some amazing stuff. I really like it. Couldn't find the Wolves artwork anywhere on his site though..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast