Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terminator (Discussion for all films in the series)

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

OK, I just saw the trailer!

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

SDCC 08: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Death comes to a regular cast member.
    by Travis Fickett

July 26, 2008 - Sarah Connor Chronicles made a triumphant return to San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday. The series only got to air nine episodes and then there was some doubt as to whether or not it would get a second season after the writers' strike. It did get that second season, and the show has added some cast members and increased its budget in order to hit the ground running. Creator Josh Friedman moderated the panel that included cast members Summer Glau, Thomas Dekker, Lena Headey, Richard T. Jones, and new regulars Shirley Manson, Garret Dillahunt and Brian Austin Green.

They opened with a clip that revealed Manson as some sort of corporate executive, clad in power suits and a feminine take on Michael Douglas's haircut in Wall Street. It's unclear as of yet how she will fit in with Sarah and the others – but it seems they will be at cross purposes. The rest of the clip featured a lot of action including a pretty fantastic car crash that drew some gasps from the audience. The show looks to be coming back on a grander scale, with lots of stories to tell.

It also appears that Agent Ellison and Cromartie (Dillahunt) join forces in some way – whether it's in just an episode or not isn't clear. But the preview scenes hinted at an interested dynamic between these two characters. And – to no one's surprise – Cameron survived the car explosion that seemed to claim her last season. However, she's heavily damaged and appears to be somewhat "glitchy."

In the panel, producer John Wirth somewhat awkwardly revealed that a character up on the panel will be dying this season. The cast was rather surprised at this revelation – as none of them had been told this before. The whispering began as the actors discussed amongst themselves who they thought it would be and how it would happen, etc. The jokes continued through the panel as to who would die and why and how.

Thomas Dekker and Lena HeadeySome other character revelations included an evolution of John Connor. Not only will Friedman be "taking John away" from Sarah, but Dekker talked about how he's happy to be able to start growing John into the savior of the world he's supposed to be. The character won't continue to "hide behind his hair," the way he did in season one.

Derek Reese continues to "represent the future war," Friedman said. "Derek's biggest task is learning how to fit in and survive the present," he added. Green wanted to thank everyone who both hated the fact he was cast and then grew to embrace the character. "It's because of you that I'm still here," he said.

Shirley Manson talked about the fact that she was rather terrified when she began on the show. Sarah Connor is her first acting gig, and the cast is filled with experienced actors. She added, "I feel like I've got a new band, but they're younger and better looking."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so who else besides Sarah and myself caught the first episode of season 2?!?!?

I love how it started out, with Cameron's reprogramming to hunt down John Connor. I also like the introduction of a T-1000, although I'm not sure what's up with the whole Irish thing.

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I for one love this show. I'm a big Terminator fan and was very critical of the show before it started. But I just fell in love with the show, I have to agree though it's gonna be interesting to see if Salvation follows the story of the show or if it will bypass it. I don't have any problems with the CGI or acting. I think over the last few years there have been a hell of a lot of shows that really are missing the mark with acting and storylines, I'm thinking of that gawd awful show Shark and that horrible overrated actor James Woods for one. Man I hate him.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*If* I remember correctly, the director from T4 stated that he was going to try and keep as many plot points from TSCC as his version of the script permitted; T1 and T2 will be the base.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Arnold Really is Back
    Schwarzenegger spotted on T4 set.
    by Jim Vejvoda

September 11, 2008 - "I'll be back," indeed. California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has been photographed and videotaped chatting with actor Christian Bale on the set of Terminator Salvation, the fourth installment in the franchise that began with Schwarzenegger starring as the titular cyborg.

Ever since T4 became a reality, fans have wondered whether the Austrian Oak would be involved with the sequel given his political commitments. According to a scooper for Latino Review, which has posted a snapshot of Schwarzenegger and Bale having a casual conversation on the set, the "premise of Arnie's involvement is to have a fully rendered digital face of Arnie replacing the recently cast Roland Kickinger (The younger version of Arnie)."

The site adds, "It seems the Director Mc G will in no doubt try all he can to ensure the Governator has some sort of involvement and as a result Arnold was on set providing key ADR (Voice over) for the visual effects guys to reference during post production."

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw that Terminator: TSCC is falling each week in the ratings. It makes me nervous that Fox will just cancel it and be done. I really hope they air a full season and give it a try.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder, does watching the episodes on Fox's website benefit the ratings at all?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

hmmm? I don't know.

sorry I posted my earlier post in the movie thread

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No worries

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Terminator Wraps
    McG gives a Salvation status update.
    by IGN Movies

October 23, 2008 - Filming has wrapped on Terminator Salvation, the upcoming continuation of the sci-fi franchise starring Christian Bale and Sam Worthington, and work on the movie's copious special effects has started.

Director McG is giving fans an update on the production via the film's website.

He says, "We wrapped principal photography. Now we're heavy into post. I've already shown early cuts to Christian and Sam. They seem pleased with where the film is headed. Our focus is on story and character, but it's fun diving into the world of visual effects."

The movie is set in 2018, and tells what happens when John Connor (Bale), leader of the resistance against Skynet and its army of Terminators, meets Marcus Wright (Worthington), a stranger whose last memory is of being on death row. Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past. As Skynet prepares its final onslaught, Connor and Marcus set out on a mission that takes them into the heart of Skynet's operations, where they find out a terrifying secret that may mean the end of humankind.

"Christian and Sam bring power to the rolls of John Connor and Marcus Wright," McG says. "This is a story of two destinies colliding. Connor is part of a resistance comprised of the ethnicities that make up the globe. This film is so much more that just Los Angeles. It reflects the global crisis of man, all of man versus machine."

The director explains that the idea behind the film was to present the world after judgment day. "We set out to create a world that honored the Terminator mythology but was its own new beginning," he says.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds interesting.

I suppose it'll be the slightly different future spawned from T2 and T3 then? Not necessarily a bad thing, although I hope there is some tie to the events of the earlier films.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sarah Connor Returns
    Hamilton confirms she's in talks for Terminator Salvation.
    by Jim Vejvoda

February 19, 2009 - The original Sarah Connor will be back for Terminator Salvation.

MTV spoke exclusively with actress Linda Hamilton who confirmed that she has indeed been approached about being part of the fourth Terminator film. "We are talking," Hamilton said, adding that she has yet to read the script and was unaware of the direction of the story.

Hamilton said her "contribution would be voiceover", adding, "I would probably be very happy to loan my voice depending on what the material is. Wait and see. They're already writing it. We've been negotiating it."

Terminator Salvation opens May 22.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

hmm I've gotta see t3 before i see this one... is it any good?

Couldnt they just use a time paradox explanation to say why the governator isnt in it? is he in it? I've read conflicting accounts...
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Arnie isn't in it, and Roland Kickinger is playing the new (older model, if I'm not mistaken) terminator. Not sure how big his part is though.

edit: I see fever covered it better than me in a earlier post
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am just loving this season. Is anyone watching this? They just moved to Friday's, which is death in the FOX world, three weeks ago. DVR all the way! I hope they let the series finish the season. I'm hooked.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

What the hell was up with this latest episode???

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I only watched the first episode of the second season and then I wasn't able to watch the rest

I'll hit it up the second season when they release it on DVD.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Well Fridays didn't kill X-Files, so maybe they'll be okay. Course if they move them to Sundays like they did with X-Files eventually may that'll be okay too.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

newest trailer that I know of. It looks freakin' awesome. I can't wait.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

THAT LOOKS AWESOME.

Oh, and replicating human tissue? Brilliant.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So this is when the machines first create the cyborgs but why doesn't John remember the cyborgs he encountered when he was young?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not that he doesn't remember, it's just that things are different than what his mother warned him about. We can attribute this to the fact that everytime Skynet sent a machine back in time, it altered the timeline a little bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast